Changes v Port (latest; out: Murray, In: Murphy)

Remove this Banner Ad

DeGoey looked sore to me in the last quarter against the Lions. He kept bending his leg, and doing crouches in the goal square, then he was off the ground for the remainder of the last quarter. I dont think he will play this weekend. lm hoping he hasnt got a recurrence of his injury.
He kicked a goal at the 22nd minute of the last quarter. Did he then go off ?

I actually thought Oxley was good last week considering first game in 2 years or something. He fitted well into the defensive system. his strong marking is still there, and worth persisting with for another week with Howe out. yeah made a couple of mistakes but who doesn't? I don't recall him costing any goals unlike Murray's cough-ups. Murray coudl be good but jeez needs to improve his kicking.

I actually thought Oxley was good last week considering first game in 2 years or something. He fitted well into the defensive system. his strong marking is still there, and worth persisting with for another week with Howe out. yeah made a couple of mistakes but who doesn't? I don't recall him costing any goals unlike Murray's cough-ups. Murray coudl be good but jeez needs to improve his kicking.
I thought he was passable on the night too after the first qtr, did a good spoil on Hipwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oxley!!!

Josh Kennedy comes into verse us and out for 6 after. Hahaha. Just our luck

They shouldn't have played him but they took the gamble and we didn't show up on the day so it paid off and helped cement them a top 4 spot (potentially top 2).

If we have erred with selection this year it's probably putting to much faith in the ability of Reid and Moore to get and stay healthy and fill a key defensive position in the absence of Dunn and Scharenberg.

We now find ourselves in a vulnerable position up against any side with a quality power forward and I can't help but feel that we would have been much better served by exposing McLarty prior to now.
But how could we have erred with selection if they were injured and unavailable for selection?

Dixon out is massive win for us as he would have been the exact type that could have exposed our undersized defence.

Ryder to could prove to be a handful up forward if Port have the luxury to allow him meaningful forward minutes.

If he misses also all the better.

Dixon out is massive win for us as he would have been the exact type that could have exposed our undersized defence.

Ryder to could prove to be a handful up forward if Port have the luxury to allow him meaningful forward minutes.

If he misses also all the better.

Finally some luck for us with the teams we are facing. We have had a horrid run of injuries, so we deserve to matchup with a team without their best 22.

Without Dixon and Ryder I would hope:
1. Grundy does a number on his inexperienced opposition
2. Pendles gets his confidence up as he will get the ball firsthand
3. We matchup defence with Landgon / Magden on Westoff with Maynard watching wingard qd Greenwood on Gray

Finally some luck for us with the teams we are facing. We have had a horrid run of injuries, so we deserve to matchup with a team without their best 22.

3. We matchup defence with Landgon / Magden on Westoff with Maynard watching wingard qd Greenwood on Gray

It'll only be fair when Richmond lose 5 of their top players.

Last edited:

Nothing more certain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back