Changes v Port (latest; out: Murray, In: Murphy)

Remove this Banner Ad

We've had many opportunities to expose McLarty to senior football throughout the season or switch him to defence starting with Reid going down in attack early in the year, Moore earmarked for defence missing the majority of season, Dunn then Scharenberg injured, hell even Cox is hardly a dominant forward but we have seemingly been prepared to wait, hope and see if Moore and Reid could get and remain fit to cover our key position losses.

Well they haven't and now McLarty who could have been useful in terms of both the positions he can play and who he can release has no senior experience to call upon or be judged on if the situation with availability calls for his inclusion come September.

McLarty was injured the same week, hence Mihocek got the gig.

Dixon out is massive win for us as he would have been the exact type that could have exposed our undersized defence.

Ryder to could prove to be a handful up forward if Port have the luxury to allow him meaningful forward minutes.

If he misses also all the better.
only issue is they'll probably play Robbie Gray forward and he tore us a new one in that role last year. I'd much prefer him out rather than Dixon.

Looking like a wet and miserable (weather wise) afternoon at the G on Saturday. Does that favour them or us? I'd have thought given our lack of KPP depth it'd work in our favour.

IF De Goey does Miss I find it hard to see how we beat Port
Dave you always think we lose (except against the blue craps)

So that’s good. We’ll win :)

I hope Howe gets through the week but if not,Keep the same 22 from last week.
McClarty is the interesting one and i can only go of what i have seen on TV LA
only issue is they'll probably play Robbie Gray forward and he tore us a new one in that role last year. I'd much prefer him out rather than Dixon.

Did Maynard play on Gray in that game?

Looking like a wet and miserable (weather wise) afternoon at the G on Saturday. Does that favour them or us? I'd have thought given our lack of KPP depth it'd work in our favour.
They have their big 2 out also, wet weather levels the playing field and it will be a case of who wants it the most.

We win......

Well no more than what Fas did in the VFL. Rather McLarty comes in IF you Doing That
Correct,
If they move Oxley out surely it’s only for McLarty.

I just don’t see Mihocek being sent back as he’s being very proficient forward.

Dammit if De-Goey is out i will need to change my-selection in the goal kicker competition .
Or you’ll be given Mihocek this week.

I think he’s next on the rack.

Not the worst actually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe anyone thinks De Goey is in doubt. Kicked a goal 20 minutes into the last to seal the deal, then jogged off to rest and avoid any risk of injury, and suddenly that equals Pie in doubt? Spare me.

Anyway, Ryder, Houston and Polec failed to train this morning and are in actual doubt. Ryder says he will get picked in 22 and have a fitness test on Friday at the captains run...

Can't believe anyone thinks De Goey is in doubt. Kicked a goal 20 minutes into the last to seal the deal, then jogged off to rest and avoid any risk of injury, and suddenly that equals Pie in doubt? Spare me
Have you even been following Collingwood for the past few years? He could just as easily be out for the season

Is it stupid to say varcoe should play on gray instead of greenwood?
Think we need to play our most balanced player on R Gray and tell them not to go for any head / body fakes. He is a gun at getting his opponent slightly off balance and burning them

Out: Oxley (or Langdon out if injured)

In: McLarty

Give the kid a deserved go! Looked okay last week in the VFL. Doesn't have to play more than 60% game time but the extra big man allows us

a) chance to rest Cox and Grundy more during the game without losing a target on the wing. Can also then play Cox in short bursts more at deep forward.
b) the flexibilty to throw Mihocek back if needed without hurting our forward structure

Personally I'm quite happy for de Goey to sit out training for the rest of the year if needed to reduce the stress loads on his legs.

Franklin has apparently survived the year doing the same.

It's round 22, he's played 15 games so conditioning shouldn't be an issue.

He kicked 4.3 so I'm doubtful it was anything more than player management anyway that saw him taken from the field late in the final quarter.

Besides if that's an example of de Goey at 90% then I'll take it.

Can't believe anyone thinks De Goey is in doubt. Kicked a goal 20 minutes into the last to seal the deal, then jogged off to rest and avoid any risk of injury, and suddenly that equals Pie in doubt? Spare me.

Anyway, Ryder, Houston and Polec failed to train this morning and are in actual doubt. Ryder says he will get picked in 22 and have a fitness test on Friday at the captains run...

FWIW, on SEN radio this morning there was a reference to a "toe" injury with respect to Langdon. As long as he doesn't have to bowl too fast ot have a run up line Brown of North he might be OK.

Personally I'm quite happy for de Goey to sit out training for the rest of the year if needed to reduce the stress loads on his legs.

Franklin has apparently survived the year doing the same.

It's round 22, he's played 15 games so conditioning shouldn't be an issue.

He kicked 4.3 so I'm doubtful it was anything more than player management anyway that saw him taken from the field late in the final quarter.

Besides if that's an example of de Goey at 90% then I'll take it.

Apparently to reduce loads and maintain aerobic fitness they've suggested he pound out the laps, meaning in the pool. Was last seen up in Lonsdale Street for some reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back