Preview Changes v *, Sunday 1:10pm (* home game, replacement game for NMFC members)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been to several of the recent games we've played vs Essendon, and we've been reasonably competitive, even as recently as last year... seems like that happened in another life/another era. We're just nowhere near it. Sad times.

That first game last year when GW and Harry were thrown in the middle TOGETHER I thought wow here we go; midfield solved for next 10 years

Ford and Bergman in. Need pink for a tall up forward under the roof so one of Shiels or Greenwood out.
Zurharr and Archer (inj) out.

They’ve won the May premiership. Brad will have them full of bath water. I’m feeling confident.

Historically i could say dont wanna be anywhere within 100m of a tv or a radio come next week, but practically with the interned theres no avoiding the hiding we are in for.

We need to try something completely different. Nothing is working for us so I propose the following:

F: Wardlaw .... Larkery ...... Fisher
HF: Curtis ...... Comben ...... Simpkin
M: Scott ........ Xerri ......... Ford
LDU
Zuharr
Sheezel
HB: Bergman ..... Pink ..... Dursmaa
B: McKercher........ Corr ........ McDonald/Archer
I: Powell, Phillips, Stephenson, Tucker - SUB - C. Taylor/C. Lazzaro

Plan: We have absolutely no forward pressure, a because we don't get a contest, b because our midfield is completely gassed, c because the small forwards are all s**t and not desperate. Yes it will look funny to some of you taking out Comben from defence but he is a genuine competitor who will solve our forward line problems over night, with Wardlaw / Fisher / Simpkin - classier players up forward able to apply pressure also. Dursmaa is a marking option down back who can't impact games as a forward because he's a kid who isn't fit. Let him mark it down back, god knows it's going to come down there. McKercher can get it 50 times a game without that ******* Fisher down there who played better tonight, but he cannot defend, so try him forward. Also the plan here is to have an absolute stacked forward line and midfield so we can actually run out games for once.

Midfield Depth: LDU, Zuharr, Sheezel, Simpkin, Wardlaw, Powell, Phillips - just keep rotating and rotating and rotating. Also all players bar maybe Phillips have shown something as forwards so all of a sudden we are carrying minimal *s up forward and can perhaps keep it down there. Wouldn't matter if we had the best defence in the world at the moment.

Just try something different Clarkson because right now, everything is ****ed and we may as well stock up our midfield and forward line because god knows our defence is s**t anyway.

In: Simpkin, Ford, Bergman, Dursmaa
Out: McDonald/Archer (if injured), Shiels, Hardemann, Greenwood, Drury

I dunno if Ticketmaster just hates me, but the 'member replacement game' tickets it's offering me are total dog s**t.

Deep up the back rows of Level 3 in the forward pocket.

I'd rather stay home and watch on TV.
How can we access these ‘member replacement game’ tickets? I’m just an ordinary GA member. I’ll be turning up half way thru the 1st due to work and given it’s Essendon the GA section may have filled up by then. I don’t want to give them an extra cent by buying a reserved seat. From memory last year we were able to reserve a seat for free due to it being a replacement game. Can we still do this? (Thanks for any help)

If they run the company line that this game means more, that we can’t stand them etc, I will be sick.

Yep fine to do it if both clubs are around the same level but not now. Makes them just look like idiots.

Tbh I think the player dislike for Essendon basically died when Harvey and co were moved on. He and Petrie were from the era where both teams still had the rivalry in the Pagan-Sheedy days. This new generation just sees them as another game and has since 2017.

9 weeks in and I think I’ve officially lost the motivation to care.

Win or lose. Effort or not. Who gives a s**t no one’s going to be there to see it anyway.

None of these games really matter and until there’s a serious cultural change from the top, the club will remain irrelevant.

We are losers. Its 5 years and counting of substandard football and all these years will forever be known as are the lost years.
Nothing to be proud of.
But we’ll continue to back slap and take a s**t on the supporters.

Thank God junior footy’s scheduled anywhere from 10.30am to 1.30pm start times. I was lamenting such a clash of times preseason. Next Sunday I’ll be happy to watch on delay due to it.

Ford and Bergman in. Need pink for a tall up forward under the roof so one of Shiels or Greenwood out.
Zurharr and Archer (inj) out.

They’ve won the May premiership. Brad will have them full of bath water. I’m feeling confident.
😂😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sigh. Let's shuffle some deckchairs on this titanic.

No one in VFL really made a strong case for a call up, so I reckon we'll look at something along these lines;

In: Pink, Ford
Out: Drury, Greenwood

We looked way better with two KPFs last week with Pink up forward. Roll those dice again.

Ford didn't beat the door down in the VFL but Drury offered nothing tonight and Ford at least has runs on the board. Although several have said he doesn't look 100% fit so I dunno.
None of our players look fit .

How can we access these ‘member replacement game’ tickets? I’m just an ordinary GA member. I’ll be turning up half way thru the 1st due to work and given it’s Essendon the GA section may have filled up by then. I don’t want to give them an extra cent by buying a reserved seat. From memory last year we were able to reserve a seat for free due to it being a replacement game. Can we still do this? (Thanks for any help)

I had a pretend run through last week and a Reserved Seat was costing $45 to sit in a pocket and was unimpressed.

Could end up anywhere with GA on that top level

Bring in Pink to play at CHF, or bring in Maley instead (yeah, he's probably not ready but needs must). Failing that play Curtis at CHF in 3" platform shoes, I don't fecking care who it is but we desperately need a mobile target at CHF. Greenwood has a crack but he's glacial across the ground. Fisher could have 4,000 possessions in a game playing in the backline and we'll still be getting flogged if we keep kicking to Larkey one out against 3 opponents.

Sigh. Let's shuffle some deckchairs on this titanic.

No one in VFL really made a strong case for a call up, so I reckon we'll look at something along these lines;

In: Pink, Ford
Out: Drury, Greenwood

We looked way better with two KPFs last week with Pink up forward. Roll those dice again.

Ford didn't beat the door down in the VFL but Drury offered nothing tonight and Ford at least has runs on the board. Although several have said he doesn't look 100% fit so I dunno.

Duursma kicked 4 so needs to come in.

Ford also and I agree about the second key forward. No idea who that is. Maybe Pink.

Does Jy come back?

I wouldn’t mind seeing Bergman given a run and I’d put Zurhaar in the backline too. Maybe Hardeman to the wing.

In:

Duursma Ford Pink Bergman

Out:

Archer (inj) Drury Tucker Lazzaro

Bring in Pink to play at CHF, or bring in Maley instead (yeah, he's probably not ready but needs must). Failing that play Curtis at CHF in 3" platform shoes, I don't fecking care who it is but we desperately need a mobile target at CHF. Greenwood has a crack but he's glacial across the ground. Fisher could have 4,000 possessions in a game playing in the backline and we'll still be getting flogged if we keep kicking to Larkey one out against 3 opponents.
I’m with you. At this point, no one is ready. None of our senior guys are even close to ready

Remove this Banner Ad

Back