Preview Changes v the ALL CONQUERING MIGHTY DEMONS !

Remove this Banner Ad

If Noble plays Greenwood in the middle for centre bounces he is a complete spud.

With Greenwood in their Gawn will shove it down a Melbourne midfielders throat who will then distribute to his teammate that is running away from slug Greenwood.

That teammate will have so much time and separation that he will hit Ben Brown lace out and he will kick 10 or even worse that cocksmoker Fritsch will kick 10.

I’m going with Noble to show how much of a spud he is.
But, it'll be defenses fault.!

Gee there is just as many nuffies here than on the Facebook page. Xerri is s**t? Greenwood is a spud? OK - Xerri may not be Garry Dempsey, but he's a goer, and we may just be fattening him up for market day. Greenwood may not be Bob Skilton but up until last week, he was 4th on the list for most tackles competition-wide this year.

Knew it'd happen

My brain did the thing where it shifts from "duck we got belted and I hate this footy team" to "excited to see us play this weekend", even though I know by quarter time I'll want to raid the knife block

Every week, usually Wednesday arvo or Thursday morning. Without fail. God I hate myself

We like you ❤👍😉

Whats peoples thoughts on the line at +66.5 ? Worth a dip?
Honestly? I'd rather waste $5 for an upset (or epic upset) than bother. I wouldn't have any confidence in us coming in under that line, especially not enough confidence to risk the kind of money to make it worth it.

Whats peoples thoughts on the line at +66.5 ? Worth a dip?
I genuinely fear for a 150+ deficit this week. Make of that what you will

Often a team that is flying and not going to be challenged not only take the foot off the pedal but overhaul the engine to pass the time of day.

Somewhere between 35-55 points I'm guessing. Or not of course.

Gee there is just as many nuffies here than on the Facebook page. Xerri is s**t? Greenwood is a spud? OK - Xerri may not be Garry Dempsey, but he's a goer, and we may just be fattening him up for market day. Greenwood may not be Bob Skilton but up until last week, he was 4th on the list for most tackles competition-wide this year.
People need to stop justifying Greenwoods game by his tackle numbers.

Noble is playing him as a centre square midfielder that needs to be winning the ball, not constantly being second to it and tackling.

Go back and watch the Freo game. Longmuir directed them to play through Greenwoods opponent at clearance and they cut us up, while LDU sat on a flank getting cold.

I thought CCJ mmediately gave us more than Xerri and would have liked to see him get a longer run, but this is a learning/experimenting season. Goldy is still worth learning from, and we have a dearth of decent senior players, so I’m ok while we play a younger ruck/forward alongside him - much better than playing all three - and it makes sense to switch both X and CCJ through during the year. So as long as CCJ doesn’t get left in the VFL to wait for another injury, it’s not a change I’m going to get too exercised about.

Otherwise, the ins are improvements, Jack M needs a rest, and Stevo needs to get some confidence back. I like Atu but he is definitely fringe at this point and an easy one to leave out.

I don't understand where the Greenwood angst is coming from. Apart from the poor game against Freo he's actually been one of our best 2 way runners for most of the year. We are crying out for experience and big bodies in the midfield and to me he seems to be one of the few who's actually been showing some leadership and having a decent crack. Although granted his knee is still heavily strapped and he may not have the mobility he showed at the Gold Coast.
Also put me in "confused about what Xerri provides us that CCJ doesn't" camp. Apart from a list spot at the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Often a team that is flying and not going to be challenged not only take the foot off the pedal but overhaul the engine to pass the time of day.

Somewhere between 35-55 points I'm guessing. Or not of course.

They’ve merely toyed with a few teams this year.

Hopefully there’s not too many around from the days when we bullied them. They might want a little pay back.

Greenwood to Full Forward along side Larkey?? 191cm tall, granted he is not quick, but can crash a pack and apply that forward pressure!! Would be much better to the team balance than wasting LDU at half forward while Greenwoods man runs off him at a centre bounce!.
I don’t hate it. He spent time forward at Adelaide and GC. Inside 50 although he is slow he’s got some nifty steps in traffic and has shown goal sense. Decent contested mark/ability to 1/2 the contest.

Greenwood has to make petty or lever accountable and not allow 2 on 1s to happen all night to Larkey who I’d imagine would get May.
Assuming lever goes to zurhaar because he’s probably the best aerobically.

Also for what it’s worth, LDU at FF for short 5 minute bursts isn’t a bad thing, he’s shown forward leading craft, got a nice leap and when the ball is on the deck he’s an animal.

Agree though he should not be pushed out of the CB’s to fit greenwood in

Greenwood should play on lever - keep him out of the centre

And he's about to hit the games trigger for an extension. We're stuck with another plodder being played at the expense of the development of our kids.

When's the extraordinary general meeting? A member Q&A doesn't cut it, nor does a letter from the CEO pleading for patience.

. So as long as CCJ doesn’t get left in the VFL to wait for another injury, it’s not a change I’m going to get too exercised about.

No VFL this week.

TBH the only question I have on it is the auto selection of X. Does he really have that level of credit to be the auto in? IMO it is line ball between him and CCJ and I think CCJ has more forward upside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back