Unofficial Preview Changes v The Dogs, round 4 in Ballarat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll use the opportunity of our first win and the endorphins available to remind everyone that there's still plenty of previews that we need posters for this year!

Back our medics in but if giving him a week or two off would help then I’d be all for it. Crucial to our chances this year.

Berry Snr, Robinson, Robertson can all pick up the slack.

Hopefully the 9 day break helps him.

Maybe against a weaker midfield.

When’s his baby due?

Rest him against the Bombers in Round 5 and maybe Carlton so he is ready to take on Port in Round 7.
I think a little differently on this. I'd rather him there on the games we could potentially lose but should win than the ones where we're likely to lose if he has to miss any at all. Also likely to cop more concerted physical attention against the big dogs, which seems to be the issue helping slow him up.

I thought Fagan didn't play players who couldn't give 100%? Respect to neale. he's our best player, but we can't have a player who just admitted that he struggled to get through the second half of football. Rest him for a few weeks.

Does anyone think Charlie hay be in trouble for that high tackle?
Didn't look great but i reckon it was an accident. He was pretty apologetic after it happened and stayed with mayne till the trainer came out to him, not sure if that would help him avoid a potential charge but I thought it was good of him to do that. Mayne came back onto the ground aswell so they might not bother to take it further

I also question playing all of Andrews, Gardiner, Lester, Adams, Rich and Birchall. That is a very slow backline. I don't think we can drop any of them at this point though. For me it would probably be Birchall for a faster player such as Madden or Answerth,

I think measuring the "speed" of a backline unit by the sum of it's component parts is a fallacy.

Precise speedy,ball movement makes a back half look quick:

The ball travels a lot faster through the air than any individual can run, as long as its delivered quickly and to advantage

I'm not claiming that as a personal insight.....I heard it from Malcolm Blight on SEN a couple of days ago.

I like it

I think measuring the "speed" of a backline unit by the sum of it's component parts is a fallacy.

Precise speedy,ball movement makes a back half look quick:

The ball travels a lot faster through the air than any individual can run, as long as its delivered quickly and to advantage

I'm not claiming that as a personal insight.....I heard it from Malcolm Blight on SEN a couple of days ago.

I like it

When we recruited Birchall Noble said he was a quick decision maker so he helps with quick ball movement.

i can understand speed by foot from the backline.
Although at ground level you noticed not much movement ahead of the kicker in the back pocket
So they then switch and switch again.
We do not have anyone who can run the ball out.. You notice our run does not start until we hit a target around the middle of the ground.
Our forward line of T Berry, Charlie and McCarthy a lot zippier. Zorko looked better as well yesterday.
Interesting Pies looked opposite apart from Diacos their backline had the pace. Forwards where slow getting back they got caught out a few times no one to kick to.

I still find it interesting Joe, Hippy, Fullarton and Charlie in our forward line get out marked a lot with our ball coming in.
Noticed Joe lead a few times and the kick was not to his advantage.. Need to learn his running patterns I gather.
MctStay might not mark although brings the ball down more.

for dogs game Big O in for Ballenden.
who you drop for Berry Snr. Dev and T Berry where great.. So too Mitch
Give Gardiner another week to rest.

Big O in for Ballenden
J Berry (B1) in for Neale, gotta give him time to get his back right. Sit out the dogs and get a good 14-15 day rest.
Gardiner in for Birchall, rest the old fella. Birch knows it's his last year, more experience into Payne is better long term for the lions.

T Berry (B2) and Dev have earnt another game. Both looked real good, like they belong. They need a bit of polish and they will only get that with more games under their belt. Hope it's a breakout year for both of them.

That's how it get O, Dizzy and B1 back into the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Neale will play through a back injury.

I guess Neale at 60% fitness is probably better than our next best option. Probably can’t play 95% midfield though.

Hard to tell whether it is something that will get better over the next month or two, something which he should sit out for a bit and rest or something which requires surgery (and would potentially be season ending). Concerning.

Big test for our midfield.They need to be switched on for this to happen.
Yep, the Dogs love the old run and gun footy and have players that can overlap run from the back 50, not to mention elite throwi ahh hand balling skills. I really hope the Big O gets up, it will be interesting to see how he goes against his mentor Stef. NO way Josh Bruce kicks anywhere near 10 on Harris.

i can understand speed by foot from the backline.
Although at ground level you noticed not much movement ahead of the kicker in the back pocket
So they then switch and switch again.
We do not have anyone who can run the ball out.. You notice our run does not start until we hit a target around the middle of the ground.
Our forward line of T Berry, Charlie and McCarthy a lot zippier. Zorko looked better as well yesterday.
Interesting Pies looked opposite apart from Diacos their backline had the pace. Forwards where slow getting back they got caught out a few times no one to kick to.

Agree with this and we've been good enough to get away with it so far but I think we'll get found out sooner or later for it.

The club is very tightlipped on the Lachie injury and a bit perplexed why he would come out in the press and say the scans weren't good.

Absolutely inviting more attention and hard tackling.

Got me tossed why he would say that.

Fages already touched on the fact he could’ve sat out. But I found it a tad strange when Neale said he wasn’t aloud to really say anything.

Dogs won’t bother with a tag. They’ll back Bontempelli, Dunkley, Libba, Macrae, Treloar, Hunter and co in.

Jesus they bat deep.

Fages already touched on the fact he could’ve sat out. But I found it a tad strange when Neale said he wasn’t aloud to really say anything.

Dogs won’t bother with a tag. They’ll back Bontempelli, Dunkley, Libba, Macrae, Treloar, Hunter and co in.

Jesus they bat deep.

On paper.

Remember when we bat deep with Beams,
Rocklifff, Redden, Rich, Robinson and Christensen?

The dogs are good, but they're overrated. They may well beat us, but they're not as good as the media likes to say they are.

Jesus they bat deep.
I think that's right , I'm thinking more of games in the future, doesn't seem overly smart to let everyone know you've got a really crook back and it's worrying you.

Well that's how I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back