All Australian
Oct 1, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Reading FC
Changes for Blues - Friday Night

C'mon dees, on the big stage, let's put in an effort.

OUT - Bate, Newton, Tapscott (inj)

IN - Howe, Gawn, Dunn? Nicholson? Morton? (for Tappy)

I'd also like to see IN-BLEASE for OUT-DAVEY but that probably won't happen.

Out: Tapscott (inj.), Davey, Bate, Newton
In: Blease, Gawn, Bennell, Lawrence

Morton needs to play in the scoobs until he's that hungry he would fight a team mate. Same goes for Davey. Bate and Newton need their papers stamped, they just steal games that we should be putting in to kids.

Out - Tapscott, Davey, Newton
In - Blease, Lawrence, Howe

Gawn is not ready for AFL. sure it might help his development but he's a 200+cm 100+it 20 year old with a bad knee. If something goes wrong it could ruin his whole career

B: Bartram Warnock Frawley
HB: Blease Rivers Bennell
C: Jones Moloney Evans
HF: MacDonald Watts Sylvia
F: Maric Jurrah Lawrence
R: Martin Gysberts McKenzie
IC: Gawn Petterd Jetta Green

MacDonald can watch Gibbs or Yarran.

OUTS: Newton, Davey, Bate, Tapscott, Macdonald

INS: Gawn, Blease, Howe, Strauss, Bennell

Reasoning:

Gawn offers much more as a pure tap ruckman then Newton, Carlton's weak defence means that Jurrah, Watts and Howe will be a handful, especially with their athleticism.

Bennell comes in to play off Yarran, make him acountable also has the speed to go with him.

Blease and Strauss come in to deal with Carlton's smaller forwardline... another reason that Macdonald goes out.

Howe as sub for some x-factor or Bennell

Line up:

FB: Bartram Warnock Frawley
B: Strauss Rivers Jones
C:Mckenzie Moloney Evans
F:petterd Watts Maric
FF:Green Jurrah Bennell
R: Martin Sylvia Gysberts
Int:Gawn Jetta Blease (s) - Howe

Out - Tapscott, Davey, Newton
In - Blease, Lawrence, Howe

Gawn is not ready for AFL. sure it might help his development but he's a 200+cm 100+it 20 year old with a bad knee. If something goes wrong it could ruin his whole career

This seems about right to me, is Nicho a chance ahead of Lawrence?

ALso, there doesn't seem to be much concern around here about Tappy's hamstring. I wasn't at the game so only saw the TV footage, does anyone have any idea on the severity of the injury?:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reasoning:

Gawn offers much more as a pure tap ruckman then Newton, Carlton's weak defence means that Jurrah, Watts and Howe will be a handful, especially with their athleticism.

Bennell comes in to play off Yarran, make him acountable also has the speed to go with him.

Blease and Strauss come in to deal with Carlton's smaller forwardline... another reason that Macdonald goes out.

Line up:

I reckon your nearly spot on,probalbly keep bater for another crack,If warnock missus for carlton we wont need gawn and we cant drop flash just YET,saying that i do like the talent we have out there.

Reasoning:

Line up:

The line-up has an average age of 22.2 would be very close to the average age of the gold coast

Only out should be tapscott, with bennel to come in

With too many players already out we can't be dropping davey just yet, and we need a consistent line up for once, davey needs a new role though perhaps up forward kicking goals to get some confidence back or playing down back on one of Carltons quick forwards, same as bennel

Bate and newton should be given the next 2 weeks, they can't be in then out of the side every week, give the four games in a row to prove themselves and if they can't then put a line through there name for good

Judd and warnock both look unlikely to play Friday night so a bit of good news for us but I don't think anything can help us at the moment

Bate and newton should be given the next 2 weeks, they can't be in then out of the side every week, give the four games in a row to prove themselves and if they can't then put a line through there name for good

While I agree with this to a certain extent, Bate really has no place in this team.

The line-up has an average age of 22.2 would be very close to the average age of the gold coast

I know it's a stretch, but we have a great opportunity to see what our younger players are made of.

IN: Bennell (get him into the game off half back), Blease
OUT: Tappy, Bate (get some height out of the top heavy forward line)

FB: Bartram - Warnock - Rivers
HB: Bennell - Frawley - Macdonald
C: Evans - Moloney - Green
HF: Maric - Watts - Pettard
FF: Jurrah - Newton - Davey
FOL: Martin - Sylvia - Jones
INT: Gysberts, McKenzie, Jetta - Blease

Not sure who to make the sub tbh...

Davey to go forward.. much rather him get tagged playing in the forward line taking carazzo out of the game whilst being dangerous around goals than doing nothing in the midfield. Bennell to play on Garlett with Bartram on Betts. Not sure about JMac really, Would like to have Blease off half back for his run but his experience will be valuable against a class blues outfit on the big stage...only downside being his pace and inconsistant kicking.

Give Davey one more week with the pressure on with friday night footy and carazzo for company...see if he has the fire.

IN: Bennell (get him into the game off half back), Blease
OUT: Tappy, Bate (get some height out of the top heavy forward line)

FB: Bartram - Warnock - Rivers
HB: Bennell - Frawley - Macdonald
C: Evans - Moloney - Green
HF: Maric - Watts - Pettard
FF: Jurrah - Newton - Davey
FOL: Martin - Sylvia - Jones
INT: Gysberts, McKenzie, Jetta - Blease

Not sure who to make the sub tbh...

Davey to go forward.. much rather him get tagged playing in the forward line taking carazzo out of the game whilst being dangerous around goals than doing nothing in the midfield. Bennell to play on Garlett with Bartram on Betts. Not sure about JMac really, Would like to have Blease off half back for his run but his experience will be valuable against a class blues outfit on the big stage...only downside being his pace and inconsistant kicking.

Give Davey one more week with the pressure on with friday night footy and carazzo for company...see if he has the fire.

Dude you have Newton in the team (other than that I don't mind it)

I think the changes are obvious.

No more players that constantly fail so Newton, MacDonald and Bate are out.

No more soft utensils so Davey is out, Bennell and Morton still play at Casey.

Tapscott is injured.

Gawn, Howe, Blease, Nicholson and Strauss are in.

We have wasted these 9 weeks, time to go back and start developing the youngsters again at least until we get Scully, Trengove, Jamar, Garland, Bail and Tapscott back.

I could swallow the theory of being a bad side because we are young crap if our leaders were performing to an acceptable standard but they are not.

B: Strauss, Warnock, Rivers
HB: Blease, Frawley, Nicholson
C: Jones, Moloney, Evans
HF: Sylvia, Watts, Gysberts
F: Jurrah, Howe, Green
FOLL: Martin, Bartram, McKenzie
IC: Jetta, Maric, Gawn
SUB: Petterd
EMERG: Bennell

I think the changes are obvious.

No more players that constantly fail so Newton, MacDonald and Bate are out.

No more soft utensils so Davey is out, Bennell and Morton still play at Casey.

Tapscott is injured.

Gawn, Howe, Blease, Nicholson and Strauss are in.

We have wasted these 9 weeks, time to go back and start developing the youngsters again at least until we get Scully, Trengove, Jamar, Garland, Bail and Tapscott back.

I could swallow the theory of being a bad side because we are young crap if our leaders were performing to an acceptable standard but they are not.

B: Strauss, Warnock, Rivers
HB: Blease, Frawley, Nicholson
C: Jones, Moloney, Evans
HF: Sylvia, Watts, Gysberts
F: Jurrah, Howe, Green
FOLL: Martin, Bartram, McKenzie
IC: Jetta, Maric, Gawn
SUB: Petterd
EMERG: Bennell

Every other week you seem to come out with reactionary, vitriolic, over-the-top, off-with-their-heads team changes. When will you learn that the world, let alone the MFC, doesn't operate like that? Never, most likely. For a start, you would go in with a backline including three players with 2 games experience between them.

Out: Tapscott (inj), Newton (spud, no more to be said here), Bate (fwd line too top-heavy with him there, Bate being the weakest link).

In: Bennell (need some quality ball coming of the HB line), Gawn (has infinitely more upside than Juice), Blease (as sub for some pace and x-factor).

Every other week you seem to come out with reactionary, vitriolic, over-the-top, off-with-their-heads team changes. When will you learn that the world, let alone the MFC, doesn't operate like that? Never, most likely. For a start, you would go in with a backline including three players with 2 games experience between them.

Out: Tapscott (inj), Newton (spud, no more to be said here), Bate (fwd line too top-heavy with him there, Bate being the weakest link).

In: Bennell (need some quality ball coming of the HB line), Gawn (has infinitely more upside than Juice), Blease (as sub for some pace and x-factor).
How is it over the top? You've dropped 2 tall forwards and replaced them with no tall forward when Howe according to Gotch was arguably BOG.

Then you put in a poor man's Davey who is soft and shows no signs of consistancy, if it's good enough for Morton it's good enough for Bennell.

I don't care what anybody says Davey should be the first one dropped, you can have a bad game, but when you squib it, give up, drop your head, have a sook and never play the percentages, basically playing bruise free selfish football you get dropped wether your a leader or not.

This is Bailey's pivitol moment, if he allows Davey to get away with the performance he put out there on the weekend then he's just as weak as Davey.

Forget about the world crap you just spun there, when will you learn that our experienced players are just not up to it and our kids are going to have to get us out of this mess wether we like it or not, besides Port.Adelaide we easily have the next worst leadership group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back