Preview Changes vs Bombers + Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s cool. Narkle in or Bonner in doesn’t matter too much. Bonner needs a full AFL game, he is useful depth.

Bonner will play Wing no doubt. Our backline is pretty set until L.Jones gets back and rolling and Bergman goes back on the wing.

Then if Duursma gets fit and firing, it becomes a real logjam. Have been rotating a mid through a wing spot, and Boak on the other.

So who do you drop if they want Duursma back on the wing? Boak, Drew, Williams, Jones, Burton, Farell?

It’s cool. Narkle in or Bonner in doesn’t matter too much. Bonner needs a full AFL game, he is useful depth.

Bonner will play Wing no doubt. Our backline is pretty set until L.Jones gets back and rolling and Bergman goes back on the wing.

Then if Duursma gets fit and firing, it becomes a real logjam. Have been rotating a mid through a wing spot, and Boak on the other.

So who do you drop if they want Duursma back on the wing? Boak, Drew, Williams, Jones, Burton, Farell?
Agreed

Farrel or Jones if either come off the boil. Keen to see how Bergman plays after signing.

Dixon was playing off one leg and I don’t know I just wouldn’t be surprised if this happens.
If Dixon doesn't start substantially moving better he could be 50/50 every time he's named, definitely being nursed & probably needs an op at years end.

Played very well considering however it's a concern that could grow imo taking a bloke moving on a peg leg into a final on a fast track with the September sun out... dicey

It would be a massive concern If Dixon couldn’t get up from a 16 day break after only being back for 2 games prior.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm definitely not melting at the decisions, it's pretty expected, Narkle probably feeling a bit disappointed.

But Rioli really needs to show a bit more than popping up for some goals here and there when the game is already won. I haven't been a fan of his contested work or his defensive play so far this year, even if he has had a few wow moments. Don't want him pushing too hard into golden pass territory.

Interesting to see how Rioli gets treated after the Jordan Ridley incident in Round 8.
Feels like we literally just played them, because we did just play them. Seems unusual fixturing by about 3 games or so.

I think people are forgetting that Narkle still isnt probably at 100% with the gameplan
Him as sub is fine

Narkle is a good sub option. He is a bit stiff but there was always going to be a selection squeeze with rioli due back. Last in first out.

If rioli didn’t get the flu narkle wouldn’t have even had a taste yet.

He’ll get more opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Love And Listings Ajani GIF by VH1

I'm definitely not melting at the decisions, it's pretty expected, Narkle probably feeling a bit disappointed.

But Rioli really needs to show a bit more than popping up for some goals here and there when the game is already won. I haven't been a fan of his contested work or his defensive play so far this year, even if he has had a few wow moments. Don't want him pushing too hard into golden pass territory.
Of course he gets a golden pass. Coach’s need to justify the clubs effort in getting him over, the scandal the came about and the dollars offered to him.

For some strange reason since round four we've been making mostly sensible selections. :think:
The other issue is that at least for me, a lot of the stuff that I thought would be stupid I've been proven incorrect on.

For example, I said Lycett wasn't worth persisting with this year, but he's been extremely solid. I never would have thought DBJ forward or Williams back would work but it has. I think this has changed my melt ratio moreso than the times they are doing what I think they should be doing, like dropping TJ, retaining ruck/forward structure, investing in youth.

Its the opposite of the last decade, where week in and week out I (and most of us) have repeatedly pointed out the idiotic selections and strategic moves and have been proven correct and the coaches wrong every single time. Its much harder to melt when it seems we have a selection panel this year that is getting things right more than we are (or at least me).

If I'm picking a side to play for my life my gut feeling is I want Narkle in over McEntee ( I've always liked) Jr ( I accept he can be ridiculous) and DBJ.

DBJ is most like for like.

I'll accept Narkle probably has to back up last week's effort and you probably have to earn your stripes but going by last week's effort Narkle value adds to the side at a greater level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back