Prediction Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

I seriously think that something would've had to have been wrong with Duursma at Alberton for him to be dropped.
Perhaps he wasn't training well throughout the week? Certainly not something bad enough to keep him 'managed' but wouldn't have been dropped without a good reason.

He is being rested. Settle down people lol.
Butters has been rested once already, Durs and Rozee were always bound to be rested for a game soon too.

If we lose because of Sutcliffe for a 19 year old kid, we have huge problems. This will barely make a difference.
I hope you're right!

Hey shouldn't make too much of a difference but shouldn't we put Motlop on the wing and Ebert in the forward?

I mean, I could understand the idea of resting Duursma if his fitness levels were that of the average first year player. But his fitness levels are insane for a first year player, so why not keep playing him until his form wanes?
I think Arsene Wenger might have been on the money a few posts back with Duursma probably being 'managed' by the fitness/high performance people. Hamstring awareness or some such thing. He was still running like a cheetah at the end of last week. And his performance seemed fine to me from memory plus when I look at his stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Arsene Wenger might have been on the money a few posts back with Duursma probably being 'managed' by the fitness/high performance people. Hamstring awareness or some such thing. He was still running like a cheetah at the end of last week. And his performance seemed fine to me from memory plus when I look at his stats.
If it's a case of 'hamstring awareness' or similar then of course we should play it safe to avoid an injury. But if this is just a rest based on fitness, I don't see the point because his fitness is currently his greatest strength.

Bring Sutcliffe in, get him to take out Neale at the first bounce, Sutcliffe gets 10 weeks, everyone wins lol.

*Just joking Bears fans*

Seriously though I can understand a rest for Duurs, I assume he will also be the emergency, so that everyone else gets to play SANFL. Find it a bit baffling that Sutcliffe is the player whose jumped the cue to get into the side and play though.

While we may be brutal on Sutcliffe if this tagging selection goes wrong, the buck is going to fall on Hinkley, and if this fails he is going to cop it like never before. Neale averages over 30 touches against us, so I can understand the concern, but yeah I hate cute selections and am very worried about this one.

Is Duursma playing SANFL or is he being rested?

What does Motlop have to do to get dropped?

19 damaging touches and a goal last weekend, literally the worst time all year you could've posted this.

Ebert has done nothing up forward. That failed months ago.

He kicked 3 goals literally last week you spud.

Bringing in Sutcliffe only makes sense if he is going to tag Neale.

Would know how he plays, probably played a lot against him at training at Freo. He does have a big tank so that helps.

Is this is Schofield imposing himself and saying I want a tagger in there to stop Neale which means all our other mids can play attacking??.

If so I can live with the move. We need a decent tagger in the squad to call up for specific jobs.

If he isn't going to tag and becomes a general small back, fills in on the wing or half forward, then I think this is a pointless selection.

Edit Neale did get it 43 times against us in Rd 3 and polled 10 coaches votes.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back