Changes vs Giant Whinging Snowflakes

Remove this Banner Ad

I am thinking Toby must have some niggle to be subbed off last week. Whether it affects him tomorrow I am not sure just hope it does. There is no question about his ability but just a very poor individual that you would not want to captain your club. Chalk and cheese when compared to The Bont.
You’re kidding right? He is absolute champion and would walk into any club and help win a flag

You’re kidding right? He is absolute champion and would walk into any club and help win a flag
Can you not read I said there no doubting his ability just a very ordinary person. If he captained the dogs I would not be a member after 62 years continuous membership. I know the person he attacked it was just plain disgusting,

One Giant nightmare: Toby Greene arrested on assault charges​

Caroline Wilson

ByCaroline Wilson

May 13, 2014 — 7.23pm
Save

Normal text sizeLarger text sizeVery large text size

Advertisement

Greater Western Sydney’s Toby Greene was charged with a series of drunken assault offences on Monday night, just days after a senior Blacktown policeman lectured the young Giants on the pitfalls of alcohol and substance abuse before the club’s four-day break.
Greene faces almost certain suspension before facing court in September, after what proved to be a nightmare Tuesday for the AFL’s youngest club.
Toby Greene faces almost certain suspension before facing court in September.

Toby Greene faces almost certain suspension before facing court in September.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES
Giants officials spent some hours attempting to track down the 20-year-old, who had flown home to Melbourne for the Giants’ bye and finished up in a violent incident at Zagame’s – a nightclub and function centre – in Caulfield that led to him and a teenaged friend arrested. It is understood a bottle was used in the alleged assault.

Hard to argue similar impacts when one has been fairly consistent and plays more of a wing role, yet has similar forward statistics than the other who really has only played there. Scott has also filled in down back so not sure they are really comparable.

I do get it is your opinion but Scott statistically is better and has shown much greater flexibility. IMO I would prefer someone better than both

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Scott was terrible as a defender and I doubt we will ever see him there again. Do you see Scott as a wing or a forward from here on? His best games have been forward. For mine, we should be able to do better on a wing, so its forward or not at all. So pretty comparable.

If you haven’t decided to go yet, there are still cheap GA tickets available $15! Four of the smallest clubs in Victoria sell games to stay viable. Hawks Launceston, North Hobart, Melbourne Northern Territory and StKilda have often done this. We sell games 45 minutes west. You may not like the concept but surely it’s better than interstate? I enjoy these games more than most Marvel games. It’s going to be a good day, Baz’s 100th, come just to boo Toby Greene.

Scott was terrible as a defender and I doubt we will ever see him there again. Do you see Scott as a wing or a forward from here on? His best games have been forward. For mine, we should be able to do better on a wing, so its forward or not at all. So pretty comparable.
Honestly I see Gallagher replacing Scott and and Clarke and or Jones replacing West by next season in whatever roles.

For this season Scott can at least play wing or forward half competently so their age difference for 2023 is irrelevant. We should be trying to win it this year

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can you not read I said there no doubting his ability just a very ordinary person. If he captained the dogs I would not be a member after 62 years continuous membership. I know the person he attacked it was just plain disgusting,

One Giant nightmare: Toby Greene arrested on assault charges​

Caroline Wilson

ByCaroline Wilson

May 13, 2014 — 7.23pm
Save

Normal text sizeLarger text sizeVery large text size

Advertisement

Greater Western Sydney’s Toby Greene was charged with a series of drunken assault offences on Monday night, just days after a senior Blacktown policeman lectured the young Giants on the pitfalls of alcohol and substance abuse before the club’s four-day break.
Greene faces almost certain suspension before facing court in September, after what proved to be a nightmare Tuesday for the AFL’s youngest club.
Toby Greene faces almost certain suspension before facing court in September.

Toby Greene faces almost certain suspension before facing court in September.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES
Giants officials spent some hours attempting to track down the 20-year-old, who had flown home to Melbourne for the Giants’ bye and finished up in a violent incident at Zagame’s – a nightclub and function centre – in Caulfield that led to him and a teenaged friend arrested. It is understood a bottle was used in the alleged assault.

Love the way he goes about it though! (Lame commentary during a a game).

That article is being kind to what he actually did, beat the s**t out of a security guard 5 on 1.

Beautiful morning in Melbourne geoffjennings79 . Do we have a cleary sky in the rat?

Unfortunately I've woken up in Melbourne this morning! Had an overnight stay, heading home shortly. However offspring (still at home about 25kms sw of Ballarat) report sky there is overcast and (light) rain imminent. Only good news there is our weather at home usually passes to the south of Ballarat.
I'll try to post an update between running in the door, donning my RWB accoutrements and back out again! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another golden opportunity game today. If we're fair dinkum, we win the next four and approach the final game against the scum at Taxpayer Park ready to knock them off.

I read this post a bit differently:
Is CLEARY finally playing today in Ballarat?

But I think you meant:
Is the weather good in Ballarat?

Cleary I need more sleep!
It's one of the simple joys of posting. What I meant is open to interpretation and it would be unfair not to allow you to choose your own ending. However, "Every word in a sentence is important" - Clive James.

Buku last week, Cleary this week.

Now what are all you whiney whinger’s gonna whinge about now?

Might have to put the WB Big Footy thread in to liquidation after this weeks game. Absolutely nothing to talk about now for a lot of you!
Why are you yelling?

Unfortunately I've woken up in Melbourne this morning! Had an overnight stay, heading home shortly. However offspring (still at home about 25kms sw of Ballarat) report sky there is overcast and (light) rain imminent. Only good news there is our weather at home usually passes to the south of Ballarat.
I'll try to post an update between running in the door, donning my RWB accoutrements and back out again! :)

Just home after driving through Ballarat Next Waiting - mainly overcast, and a few drops of rain just before Ballan. I would suggest rugging up though, nice fresh(!) wind out our way.
Kermit - hope your little one has layers on to keep them warm.

You have me thinking ... Roobloo or Rooblue? We had a guy in the North thread who had a name something like that who was dissed, treated like shite and he never posted again. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back