Channel 7 and Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

This didn't happen at the club or in an AFL controlled environment did it?
If not, we have an actual justice system for that. Sports bodies are not and should not also be the police. If the courts sentence him, then thats their perogative. Until they do so, things go on as long as he doesnt breach bail.

This didn't happen at the club or in an AFL controlled environment did it?
If not, we have an actual justice system for that. Sports bodies are not and should not also be the police. If the courts sentence him, then thats their perogative. Until they do so, things go on as long as he doesnt breach bail.
By that logic you’d disagree with every indiscretion outside the club

the fact is businesses these days do pay attention to employee behaviour outside work. Most businesses have social media policies (relating to outside work), many places of employment would stand an employee down based on them being charged by police (and plenty would cut ties completely, mainly entertainment Businesses)

businesses aren’t in a vacuum.

By that logic you’d disagree with every indiscretion outside the club

the fact is businesses these days do pay attention to employee behaviour outside work. Most businesses have social media policies (relating to outside work), many places of employment would stand an employee down based on them being charged by police (and plenty would cut ties completely, mainly entertainment Businesses)

businesses aren’t in a vacuum.

I do disagree with it. I think businesses intrude on personal lives and freedoms far too much - and I say this as an employer myself. Justice should be dealt by the justice system that is in place for that purpose and not doing stuff just because of modern day pseudo-vigilantes that simply cant wait for justice to take its course.

I do disagree with it. I think businesses intrude on personal lives and freedoms far too much - and I say this as an employer myself. Justice should be dealt by the justice system that is in place for that purpose and not doing stuff just because of modern day pseudo-vigilantes that simply cant wait for justice to take its course.
If an employees outside work conduct is going to cost me money or business, then I should be able to take action.

I’m self employed. It happens all the time with tradies out here. Young blokes start trouble, punch on when pissed then end up in s**t at their job because it’s cost their employer.

why should an employer have to wear the cost of an employee doing damage to their business?

So you’d be happy for there to be an avenue for employers to go after employees after they’re found guilty? If you’re forced to stand by an employee regardless of damage to your business, surely you should have legal grounds if they’re found guilty, yes?

I like to think I would have the same belief even if it was a Swans player who was charged. If a Swans player, any Swans player was actually charged with sexual assault I would want them stood down. I would not care if it lowered our chances of a flag (not that this is an issue this year)

So you’re an idiot?

You want players stood down when charged? What if it’s a completely nefarious lie and they’re found innocent? You want lives and livelihoods ruined before the actual evidence is laid out?

Sorry dude, but that’s idiotic.

So you’re an idiot?

You want players stood down when charged? What if it’s a completely nefarious lie and they’re found innocent? You want lives and livelihoods ruined before the actual evidence is laid out?

Sorry dude, but that’s idiotic.
Is there a reason you disliked my post about IF de goey is guilty then it’s not ‘terrible’ for him that it took the girl 5 years? Seems a weird thing to dislike

Is there a reason you disliked my post about IF de goey is guilty then it’s not ‘terrible’ for him that it took the girl 5 years? Seems a weird thing to dislike

My phones a piece of crap I was trying to like and dislike a couple posts. Could be an accidental dislike dude.

If he’s guilty I don’t agree that it’s a “terrible” thing to go through. If you make your own bed you lay in it with no empathy from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And how do these people find out where an employee works? And who confirms it? and who the hell bows down to the mob? Pseudo vigilantism is a plague on this generation. Ill back my employees until a court decides someone is guilty.
You don’t live in a segregated society mate. How do people know where de goey works really? Do you live in some sectioned off community where people don’t know each other?

Are you really whinging about people suggesting someone charged with sexual assault be stood down with pay?

It’s a plague? Really? How many lives has “pseudo vigilantism” ended? I’d suggest sexual assault has probably impacted more, so why is “pseudo vigilantism” your focus?

a business should have EVERY right to stand down an employee who has been charged if it’s going to damage their business.

You don’t live in a segregated society mate. How do people know where de goey works really? Do you live in some sectioned off community where people don’t know each other?

Are you really whinging about people suggesting someone charged with sexual assault be stood down with pay?

Im not whinging at all. I gave an opinion. Im simply saying i dont agree with people expecting justice before justice is served. We have methods of dealing with this without resorting to, or caving into mob rule.

It’s a plague? Really? How many lives has “pseudo vigilantism” ended? I’d suggest sexual assault has probably impacted more, so why is “pseudo vigilantism” your focus?

its the friggin subject at hand. Thats why. And yes its a plague. Plenty of peoples lives have been ruined by public, social media, and forum campaigns that turned out to be baseless. Dont sit there and pretend they havent.

a business should have EVERY right to stand down an employee who has been charged if it’s going to damage their business.

Im saying I dont agree with it. I dont have to agree with it. Its that simple. You go and be you.

Im not whinging at all. I gave an opinion. Im simply saying i dont agree with people expecting justice before justice is served. We have methods of dealing with this without resorting to, or caving into mob rule.

its the friggin subject at hand. Thats why. And yes its a plague. Plenty of peoples lives have been ruined by public, social media, and forum campaigns that turned out to be baseless. Dont sit there and pretend they havent.

Im saying I dont agree with it. I dont have to agree with it. Its that simple. You go and be you.
I mean you said they SHOULD and ARE not the police so this shouldn’t happen. Kinda seems like you’re pushing your opinion on others, not simply suggesting YOU WOULDNT Do this (which you said in a later post)

there are completely seperate forms of justice, that’s always been the case. Personal, professional, legal. Should people not be able to cut ties, prior to legal action also? Or is it only business?

If a bloke belts his wife, does she need to wait for legal action before leaving him? People, and businesses should be able to cut ties to anyone they feel may impact them negatively.

I mean you saying “it’s a plague” doesn’t really make it a plague... also how is social media campaigns to ruin people’s lives the subject at hand, he’s been charged by police, are you saying this happened because of social media?

you’re right. You don’t have to agree. But I assumed posting it here (and being an admin) you were prepared for people to disagree

Not to get all ‘relative privation’ but you’ve had a guy in the thread saying that women go out of their way to ruin men’s lives like this, but this is your focus?

I mean you said they SHOULD and ARE not the police so this shouldn’t happen. Kinda seems like you’re pushing your opinion on others, not simply suggesting YOU WOULDNT Do this (which you said in a later post)

the hell are you talking about? I gave an opinion on the matter at hand, you came at me?

there are completely seperate forms of justice, that’s always been the case. Personal, professional, legal. Should people not be able to cut ties, prior to legal action also? Or is it only business?

is the guy innocent or not? I dont act on allegations or innuendo.

If a bloke belts his wife, does she need to wait for legal action before leaving him?

Utterly different scenario. Shes a direct witness/participant, she makes her own choice on the action she takes.

People, and businesses should be able to cut ties to anyone they feel may impact them negatively.

Sure, you keep saying that, and Im going to keep disagreeing with it because we are some weird friggin hive mind.

I mean you saying “it’s a plague” doesn’t really make it a plague... also how is social media campaigns to ruin people’s lives the subject at hand, he’s been charged by police, are you saying this happened because of social media?

I didnt say that, but this goddamn thread exists and so does the twitter blowback last night so you tell me

you’re right. You don’t have to agree. But I assumed posting it here (and being an admin) you were prepared for people to disagree

And I assumed the same of you. But apparently if i do it im forcing my opinions on others. Go figure.

If De goey is damaging the AFL brand or Collingwood brand then both should be able to stand him down until resolution. Quite simple really
Yep. No company should be forced to ‘stand by’ An employee if it damages their company

unless they bring in some sort of law to allow companies to sue employees, after they’re found guilty.

the hell are you talking about? I gave an opinion on the matter at hand, you came at me?

is the guy innocent or not? I dont act on allegations or innuendo.

Utterly different scenario. Shes a direct witness/participant, she makes her own choice on the action she takes.

Sure, you keep saying that, and Im going to keep disagreeing with it because we are some weird friggin hive mind.

I didnt say that, but this goddamn thread exists and so does the twitter blowback last night so you tell me

And I assumed the same of you. But apparently if i do it im forcing my opinions on others. Go figure.
I’m happy for you to disagree. I’m discussing it with you. Happy to keep discussing.

came at you? Really? Mate you’re an admin, surely you understand how a forum works, people can disagree with your posts

he’s innocent under law. Does that mean a business is forced to do everything you want, if it’s going to damage them?

Okay. How about her friends, or family, or his mates? Should they all have to wait until he’s found guilty until they decide if they stay mates with him?
that isn’t generally how the real world operates. If a person or entity is impacting you or someone you know, and it’s impacting you negatively, I’d say action is warranted.

How is businesses being allowed to take action on employees that are costing them money ‘hive mind’? Life isn’t segregated. You can’t abuse a clients sister at the coffee shop On your day off, then call it ‘hive mind’ if your boss sacks you when he finds out. Life is interrelated.

After I read a resume I look the person up to see what they’re like prior to employing them, it’s intelligent.

“twitter blow back” “plague”. You sound hysterical. None of this is evidence of your points. You’re just repeating yourself, in more emotive ways.

you’re suggesting businesses have no right to do this, yes?

How far does this forcing employers to ignore what employees do outside work carry?

If your employee spends his days off posting about how amazing hitler is, and how everyone’s not white should die, do you need to wait for him to be charged and found guilty prior to getting rid of him?

what about if your apprentice is charged with murder? Do you keep him on while he’s on bail?

EVERYONE will draw a line. No one will allow an employee to publicly do ANY act outside work and not consider it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back