Channel 7 news to break huge AFL story

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, I'm not condoning what the seven players in question do in their spare time, but the money hungry slapper is the main reason this story is where it's at.

It's very, very hard to beleive that a folder with information as sensitive as that can somehow find its way into a gutter. It's dead set pathetic that this money hungry woman has sold the information to another party. It's also absolutely gutless that she wanted to remain anonymous.

Channel Seven are no better.

If it is indeed viable to explore legal avenues in relation to the purchase of the documents, then the club in question should do everything possible to make sure that it happens.

The woman, whoever was responsible for leaking the documents and Channel Seven deserve to be hung out to dry over this.

Sensible Post!!!!

In general I don't agree with testing for recreational drugs, but my contract has a drug clause in it. I am subject to random testing, and I'd certainly get the sack if I tested positive or was caught with anything illegal.

It's not that uncommon.

Drug testing in the business world, as a condition of employment, came to prominence in the United States almost 3 decades ago. Compared to Australia, drug testing is found a far greater percentage, and variety, of workplaces in the US. Certainly, as an Australian, you're not alone in being tested as a condition of employment.

While I'm in favor of resisting the Americanisation of the Australian workplace, I do get your point. An AFL athlete's subject to a testing regime to which, under WADA, no other athlete is subject. I could go on to talk about how the criminalisation of drugs only benefits criminals, the relative costs to the community; and issues of personal rights and freedom of choice with regard to recreational drugs.

My issue with this whole affair, however, is that it was totally avoidable. If Vlad hadn't been so keen to wield the big stick and score brownie points, AFL players would only be subject to in-competition testing for recreational drugs, like athletes around the world. There would probably be no issues at all and if there were, they would undoubtedly be on a much smaller scale.

Look, I agree with everything you are saying but felt I just wanted to really highlight this particular point.

At what point did these media types decide that they were in fact bigger than the game?

I tune on here on a Tuesday morning to see some discourse about the previous night's episode of Footy Confidential and it is inverably closed due to the fact that 2 of the people on that show are that letigious that the mention of their name sends alarm bells ringing.

So they are allowed to question people and make them look stupid if they don't give a straight answer but won't allow the same scrutiny themselves?

Footy Confidential: New segmont I reckon: Meet the bloke from BigFooty.

And this is one of the reasons why no one should automatically believe anything that the media tells you (you should always take everything that they say with a grain of salt), because I despise little snivelling turds like Howard & Hutchinson, because like most egomaniacs, they genuinely believe that they are bigger than the game.

But, just like in Hollywood, the players are the stars of the show, and everyone else is just a bunch of support actors.

Anyway I can go on another long diatribe about Drug laws and the Media (I won't because there are already people here that can put my views across more eloquently) , but as a Hawthorn fan, you should be glad that despite all the mud that's been slung at you by guttersnipe's who are in some ways worse than the people they decry, your boys played well today and you've proven to everyone that you're a real contender, and if it wasn't for Buddy Franklin's bad kicking (2-8 I believe), it could've been an even better day for you.

BTW, that would be a good idea for a segment for Footy Classified, having the best from BIG FOOTY lock horns against, the best (and I use that term ironically), from Sports Journalism, and you know what we would so own those smug SOB's, I guarantee it.

And this is one of the reasons why no one should automatically believe anything that the media tells you (you should always take everything that they say with a grain of salt), because I despise little snivelling turds like Howard & Hutchinson, because like most egomaniacs, they genuinely believe that they are bigger than the game.

But, just like in Hollywood, the players are the stars of the show, and everyone else is just a bunch of support actors.

Anyway I can go on another long diatribe about Drug laws and the Media (I won't because there are already people here that can put my views across more eloquently) , but as a Hawthorn fan, you should be glad that despite all the mud that's been slung at you by guttersnipe's who are in some ways worse than the people they decry, your boys played well today and you've proven to everyone that you're a real contender, and if it wasn't for Buddy Franklin's bad kicking (2-8 I believe), it could've been an even better day for you.

BTW, that would be a good idea for a segment for Footy Classified, having the best from BIG FOOTY lock horns against, the best (and I use that term ironically), from Sports Journalism, and you know what we would so own those smug SOB's, I guarantee it.

This is fox please stay on the line your lame ideas is all we have: You may have the new reality show idea of the year

I hae info in regard to where the "document" was "found"...is this info able to be posted?
Post it on here, should be ok, my 'legal training' would suggest you won't get in trouble.
BTW I have gained my 'legal training' from reading Bigfooty.

It will come out in a trial, or more likely leaked to channel 9.

Looks like the 32 year old man had access to it and used the woman as a patsy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if it was Channel 9 that got hold of the information where Eddie would of stood on this. Which hat would he have worn? :rolleyes:

Drug testing in the business world, as a condition of employment, came to prominence in the United States almost 3 decades ago. Compared to Australia, drug testing is found a far greater percentage, and variety, of workplaces in the US. Certainly, as an Australian, you're not alone in being tested as a condition of employment.

While I'm in favor of resisting the Americanisation of the Australian workplace, I do get your point. An AFL athlete's subject to a testing regime to which, under WADA, no other athlete is subject. I could go on to talk about how the criminalisation of drugs only benefits criminals, the relative costs to the community; and issues of personal rights and freedom of choice with regard to recreational drugs.

My issue with this whole affair, however, is that it was totally avoidable. If Vlad hadn't been so keen to wield the big stick and score brownie points, AFL players would only be subject to in-competition testing for recreational drugs, like athletes around the world. There would probably be no issues at all and if there were, they would undoubtedly be on a much smaller scale.

In the end, I think you may be right. but as an organisation, I can see why the AFL would want their sport clean, if for no other reason than the health of players that do use drugs.

In the end, I think you may be right. but as an organisation, I can see why the AFL would want their sport clean, if for no other reason than the health of players that do use drugs.

I think what happened to the health of the East German swimmers who took drugs should have been a big wake up call. What benefits derived now will be payed for very painfully later on with early deaths from diseases to the organs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back