NO TROLLS Clarkson signs on as new North Melbourne coach - No Trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

likely to be able to attract other star players to their club.
Are they. The stars want to play at a decent team with success. North will be bottom 4 for a couple more years yet.
Any decent player would be trying to get to a side that is in or around the 8 not a ordinary side like North and Essendon to name a few

I'm just viewing this the same as Melbourne getting Paul Roos.

Yep, tactically might not as amazing as he was, but Roos got buy in from everyone there, got a simple message to the players, and gave belief to the supporters that the club was trying to move us forward.

We only won 4 games his first year, but jeez I was optimistic about the way forward. Here's hoping Clarko does the same for North.

The question that I'd be asking about Clarko is what is his game plan? Even though I'm not a fan of Chris Scott he changed the Geelong game plan this year as the chip around plan didn't work in finals. This was pretty much Clarko's game plan and North don't have the players to play this way. Is Clarko willing to change or is he too stubborn for that? Has the game gone past him?
Clarkson has always been able to change.

It’s the list management meddling is the issue.

North heading south to Tassie now??

More likely the Bombers. Not even to become the Tasmanian AFL club; they're going to merge with North Launceston in the NTFA. Won't even need to change their guernsey or nickname.

It was the obvious decision to make considering North didn't have a coach and Essendon still do. The Bombers have lost the plot. Once the dust settles and reality sinks in about the list, North fans have to realise that Clarkson is inheriting a list that is not as good as the president says it is. It's nowhere near as good as the Hawthorn playing group in 2005 when they won only 5 games. He's going to need every minute of those five years and nobody should expect North to be finals contenders for a couple of years yet?

Clarkson likes to do things his way so the easiest path to that was to go to a team that's so desperate for a proven big name that they'll allow him to wield far more influence at North than he would have at Essendon.

Easy choice for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've had two wins for the season. Their golden boy #1 draft pick keeps ******* around and wants to walk out. The media have bashed them from pillar to post.

Let them celebrate something.
Clarko now in talks to get draft picks from SA club for wonderkid.
Plus priority pick
Plus no1 draft pick.
Exciting times north.

The biggest thing to happen to North since they landed Nick Dal Santo.

It was the obvious decision to make considering North didn't have a coach and Essendon still do. The Bombers have lost the plot. Once the dust settles and reality sinks in about the list, North fans have to realise that Clarkson is inheriting a list that is not as good as the president says it is. It's nowhere near as good as the Hawthorn playing group in 2005 when they won only 5 games. He's going to need every minute of those five years and nobody should expect North to be finals contenders for a couple of years yet?
I think the Bombers may have dodged a bullet. If they can somehow repair the relationship with Rutten, I still think the current coaching group has something to offer.
Regarding Clarko at North, this will be no easy feat as he’s a very impatient man. I hope for Norths sake it all works out.

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

They've had two wins for the season. Their golden boy #1 draft pick keeps ******* around and wants to walk out. The media have bashed them from pillar to post.

Let them celebrate something.

Something like nine wins in three years. Our coach before last had a breakdown. We just sacked his replacement.

Other clubs have been trying to shaft us to Tassie.

Damn right we're celebrating this. We're back!

I like this move for North. I think Clarkson will imprint some standards that haven't been there for, arguably, since the Pagan era. He will probably get around to Horne-Francis and basically say that while you are a roo, and the club will help you, you're not the be all and end all of the club or anyone else. He can say that because he's the one who basically built his team to move on from Franklin. And if can do it for Buddy, he can do it for anyone. He will create a team which is more accountable, more tough and more competitive. It would be hard to ignore a guy who has done it all as coach. If reports are true and he wants to leave, then I think Clarkson is going to be blunter than most, which is what the club needs. And if they're just media gossip and are false and he does want to stay, then Clarkson is probably one of the best coaches to get the most out of him.

Essendon have handled this badly. They have a management which is split and confused. They still have a coach even though his standing is undermined badly. But do they really need a new coach? Rutten has been there for two seasons. His record is 17-25. One could say that it's a losing record, one could also say that he's not even coached two seasons of games. I also don't rate their list much and while it has some good talent, it's young and some of them haven't played much this season. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that Essendon didn't make finals when their midfield isn't top eight quality and they have no AA worthy KPPs. Maybe they will be one day, but not now. I don't know if Essendon really can say that they know if Rutten can coach or not. Let's not forget that coaches need to start somewhere and Clarkson started as a young relatively inexperienced coach as well. Look at Carlton; they chased Lyon, got Voss and I think, even if they don't make finals, that they're heading in the right direction.

If anything, I think Essendon need to be reviewing everything externally, including anyone who has been there for more than a few years. Rather than putting everything on Rutten and every egg in the Clarkson basket, ask themselves, what does a club need to be a good club? It's more than a coach.

I think the Bombers may have dodged a bullet. If they can somehow repair the relationship with Rutten, I still think the current coaching group has something to offer.
Regarding Clarko at North, this will be no easy feat as he’s a very impatient man. I hope for Norths sake it all works out.
Well he's had zilch success without having freakishly good on-field leaders at his disposal.

So time will tell...

Something like nine wins in three years. Our coach before last had a breakdown. We just sacked his replacement.

Other clubs have been trying to shaft us to Tassie.

Damn right we're celebrating this. We're back!

3wh3ik.png

;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back