Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. He predicted bushfires. Something this country has had every decade or 2 for hundreds, if not thousands of years.

How special of him.

The bushfires were also predicted by scientists looking at fuel loads and the fact that Governments have ignored the findings of the 2010 Royal Commission.

But they are probably being paid by Big Oil.
He predicted more than just bushfires. Stop the rot.

D3D85C16-2E0E-4F93-A355-9FC9FD1DFCCC.jpeg

Yes. He predicted bushfires. Something this country has had every decade or 2 for hundreds, if not thousands of years.

How special of him.

The bushfires were also predicted by scientists looking at fuel loads and the fact that Governments have ignored the findings of the 2010 Royal Commission.

But they are probably being paid by Big Oil.
cognitive dissonance 101

like to see the direct link to that comment from the prof. not quotes from dubious links. so we can give it context. thanks.

Was published in The Australian but I didn't see the point in providing a paywalled link when there was another one available.

I suspect authorities play down the arson angle because of a combination of a) arsonists tend to be below average in intelligence and/or mentally unwell, b) they tend to be encouraged by severe fire conditions and c) they often don't get caught.

Forestry industry, CFMEU united on logging, burns to take fight to bushfires

The forest industry and the powerful CFMEU have called for fuel loads in national parks to be aggressively managed through hazard reduction burning and selective logging, to avoid a repeat of the bushfire crisis sweeping the nation.
The Australian can also reveal the NSW government will consider stripping land management and hazard reduction responsibilities from “conservationist” environmental agencies.

Instead it would create a standalone hazard reduction body that would be solely devoted to reducing fuel loads and clearing more land to mitigate fire risks.

Correct. It’s a crock.

Maybe.

"Our members are up in the fire grounds, they're coming back to Melbourne on a rotational basis, they're coming back fatigued. We're trying to build in some rest time for them," Acting Assistant Commissioner Tim Hansen, from the north-west metro region, told radio station 3AW on Wednesday.

"This is a distraction for us, this is another challenge which we're resourced for and we will have police out on the ground. We're duty bound to have police at significant protests and we'll be there in big numbers as required."
Enjoy your insurgency, and try not to get arrested or pummelled.

Maybe.

"Our members are up in the fire grounds, they're coming back to Melbourne on a rotational basis, they're coming back fatigued. We're trying to build in some rest time for them," Acting Assistant Commissioner Tim Hansen, from the north-west metro region, told radio station 3AW on Wednesday.

"This is a distraction for us, this is another challenge which we're resourced for and we will have police out on the ground. We're duty bound to have police at significant protests and we'll be there in big numbers as required."
Enjoy your insurgency, and try not to get arrested or pummelled.
I reckon there will be a fair bit of angst between the protesters and 'normal' civilians, simply due to the fact they ARE distracting them from far more urgent duties.

I know if I was going to be in the CBD on Friday, I'd be giving them a piece of my mind.

Won't be there either, but I usually yell "Get a job!" regardless of what they're protesting about.
On the Facebook page, 13K going, another 34K interested. It will be a shitfight, but the protesters claim they will keep it peaceful and there will be no need for police presence.

Would you expect anything different from these twats?

On the Facebook page, 13K going, another 34K interested. It will be a shitfight, but the protesters claim they will keep it peaceful and there will be no need for police presence.

Would you expect anything different from these twats?

On this very page a climate denier has advocated violence. It doesn’t get lower than that.

The twats are the climate deniers who are responsible for countless deaths and the loss of young peoples’ future.
You really are scum.

On this very page a climate denier has advocated violence. It doesn’t get lower than that.

The twats are the climate deniers who are responsible for countless deaths and the loss of young peoples’ future.
You really are scum.
I guarantee you there will be violence in there on Friday.

Way too much pent up emotion from both sides of the fence for there not to be.

'Deniers are scum'? Who are the group who are distracting our civil servants on what is likely to be another high risk day for fires?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really are scum.
Evidence?

Plus rofl at you having a go at those who won't blindly support and approve the pro climate crazies positions on climate science for apparently causing deaths and loss of future. Typical emotive rubbish reckon you need to stop following Greta as much.

Evidence?

Plus rofl at you having a go at those who won't blindly support and approve the pro climate crazies positions on climate science for apparently causing deaths and loss of future. Typical emotive rubbish reckon you need to stop following Greta as much.
Aren’t we all pro-climate?

I guarantee you there will be violence in there on Friday.

Way too much pent up emotion from both sides of the fence for there not to be.

'Deniers are scum'? Who are the group who are distracting our civil servants on what is likely to be another high risk day for fires?

You are responsible for the climate change by empowering the policy makers who ignore their responsibilities.

What happened? Hit the Report button if there is an issue like that.

I did. Your moderator denied my report. If it is okay to suicide troll, I’m very disappointed and angry.

The forest industry and the powerful CFMEU have called for fuel loads in national parks to be aggressively managed through hazard reduction burning and selective logging, to avoid a repeat of the bushfire crisis sweeping the nation.
The Australian can also reveal the NSW government will consider stripping land management and hazard reduction responsibilities from “conservationist” environmental agencies.

Instead it would create a standalone hazard reduction body that would be solely devoted to reducing fuel loads and clearing more land to mitigate fire risks.

As per the Facey post I posted earlier.

People who want you to believe the Greens are blocking burn offs are either bullshit artists or want something like land clearing or, as we see here, to grab power.

You people are like automatons!

I can definitely see the conservative response to this being the reduction of National Parks, and enabling land clearing and logging in National Parks. Trees can’t burn if we’ve chopped them all down!

You are responsible for the climate change by empowering the policy makers who ignore their responsibilities.

I did. Your moderator denied my report. If it is okay to suicide troll, I’m very disappointed and angry.
Well what happens when we have the pro environmental greens party vote against environmental policies like the renewable energy target or whatever it was when Labor put it forward. Do we say greens voters are responsible too

They ( Andrew and Scomo etc) have made it clear the reduction "burn off strategy" has been focused on the "protection of assets" That is burning around houses and buildings and infrastructure.
Naturally that will reduce the available days, where as in the distant past, it has happened in forests bushland too.

You might call in that freerealestate guy (he seems like a whiz with the algebra) but if 200 more arsonists this season are charged with lighting bushfires, THEN if that didn't happen , how many less out of control bushfires would there have been?

Approximately!????? (a rough back of the envelope calculation will do!)

Well none of what is burning still has been deliberately lit. Basically all the big mega fires weren’t deliberately lit.

Not saying arson isn’t a problem but it’s just a distraction from those not wanting anything done on climate change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back