Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're asking this of the other bloke ? After the blind ignorance you've been spouting ?

Been a cpl of guys in here close to the mark re sea levels, and seemingly trying to stick to what we KNOW rather than feeding a story, or what others might want to hear.

Based on what you've been writing the last few pages, its obvious that you should at least try to keep your mind open instead of arguing with them.

Tip of the Day:
If you don't know s**t about a topic, it is immediately obvious. Wearing floaties on your arms and attempting to dog paddle your way down the pool with a megaphone is also obvious.

If you don't know something, next time just ask.
So do you realise the difference, dingbat? Between scientific and anecdotal? Between one oyster farmer on the east coast of Australia and the weight of scientific evidence?

After you’ve heated up your two minute noodles, zipped yourself into your snuggy and finished that episode of Ice Road Truckers, perhaps you can tell us.

Yes I do.
The bloke you were arguing with seems closer to reality than you.
I didn't see him say that sea levels werent rising in some places, but I did see you try to ignore and debunk a well known, well studied and well respected sea level maximum somewhere around 4-7KBP.
Once again, you're about to put your foot in your mouth. You just don't realise it yet.

The “bloke” used a interview with a farmer to infer sea levels weren’t rising. That’s obvious to those following the thread- heck it should even penetrate your dim consciousness.

If sea levels are "continuing" to rise then how come 4th generation sydney rock oyster farmer John Blankenstein on a radio interview two weeks ago said
tides are "identical" now at Nelson Lagoon and Wapengo Lake NSW when the business first started 70 years ago?

Here’s the post in question. Now what exactly do you thing he was getting at here?

The “bloke” used a interview with a farmer to infer sea levels weren’t rising. That’s obvious to those following the thread- heck it should even penetrate your dim consciousness.

Just curious how much do you claim Sydney sea level has risen , and at what rate is it rising?

Also Melbourne, has it risen above St Kida beach jetty yet? What is the rate of "rise"?

Just curious how much do you claim Sydney sea level has risen , and at what rate is it rising?

Also Melbourne, has it risen above St Kida beach jetty yet? What is the rate of "rise"?
Why don’t you look them up. I don’t “claim” to know offhand. But bear in mind:

There are some that don't use facts at all.

30sec mark

4:05 mark

Sauce?

Analysis of ExxonMobil Worldwide Contributions and Community Investments reports and ExxonMobil Foundation 990 tax forms reveals that Exxon continues to fund climate denier groups. Between 1998-2014, Exxon gave over $30 million to such groups (Source: Greenpeace and Union of Concerned Scientists). Since 2007, ExxonMobil has also donated $1.87 million to Republicans in Congress who deny climate change.

https://blog.ucsusa.org/elliott-neg... now you understand why i don't reply to you
You can make an argument that tho...nd good things happen when the climate warms.

Another nail for fossils?

Luckily ARENA funds these projects.
So reading this article, the material has been around for nearly 200 years, yet key issues remain around durability and stability?

I hope there are better options on the horizon.

Explain how a salt water lake 50 meters from the ocean has different tidal levels?
Curious to hear your explanation.
There's various factors affecting water levels all over the earth as outlined here.

Some areas are stable, some are lowering, but the majority are rising.
As currents push towards oceans, as with rivers and lakes, they tend to keep the water levels in those regions stable.

In the meantime, not all the oyster farmers are happy in Wapengo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's various factors affecting water levels all over the earth as outlined here.

Some areas are stable, some are lowering, but the majority are rising.
As currents push towards oceans, as with rivers and lakes, they tend to keep the water levels in those regions stable.

In the meantime, not all the oyster farmers are happy in Wapengo

I'd rather you explain it rather than some random links.

:arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup:
And this, ladies and gentlemen is climate denial 101.
"I'd rather hear it explained by a random on the internet, than read and understand the science myself."
Nope, just a lazy contribution on your behalf.

If you have a point to make, provide that as a summary and if people want to review the detail, or are skeptical about your comment, they can then read the attachment.

That is how 'normal people' contribute to on-line discussions.

Nope, just a lazy contribution on your behalf.

If you have a point to make, provide that as a summary and if people want to review the detail, or are skeptical about your comment, they can then read the attachment.

That is how 'normal people' contribute to on-line discussions.
That's literally exactly what I did. Pretty clear you're not actually reading my posts.

:arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup:
And this, ladies and gentlemen is climate denial 101.
"I'd rather hear it explained by a random on the internet, than read and understand the science myself."

No!
You changed Fadge's comment which was "I'd rather you explain it rather than some random links."
into something else, which is completely false and untrue and deceptive.

This is typical of the hysterical CC nutters. (Climate hysteria 101)
They (you) read things into comments that are not there, and you cannot be honest.

No!
You changed Fadge's comment which was "I'd rather you explain it rather than some random links."

They (you) read things into comments that are not there, and you cannot be honest.
Not sure what your on about. I didn't change Fadges comment at all.

No!

Yep

That's literally exactly what I did. Pretty clear you're not actually reading my posts.

Also I suggest a little exercise for you (to keep you busy) before answering Fadge (properly as requested)

The scientific literature claims an global average sea level rise between some estimates 1.5mm pa to some extreme 3mm pa.

Look up the formula for "surface area of a sphere" and "average Earth radius"
Compute then multiply by .71 to find Earths sea coverage.

Then advise the forum of how many square kilometres of ice must melt EVERY YEAR to increase sea level by 3mm pa.

THEN advise where the evidence for such an amount of ice melt for the last 20 years (add all up) comes from and evidence for that?????

Very interesting exercise. Yes you are permitted to use a calculator, you will need it.

I look forward to your calculations and result advice!:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Also I suggest a little exercise for you (to keep you busy) before answering Fadge (properly as requested)

The scientific literature claims an global average sea level rise between some estimates 1.5mm pa to some extreme 3mm pa.

Look up the formula for "surface area of a sphere" and "average Earth radius"
Compute then multiply by .71 to find Earths sea coverage.

Then advise the forum of how many square kilometres of ice must melt EVERY YEAR to increase sea level by 3mm pa.

THEN advise where the evidence for such an amount of ice melt for the last 20 years (add all up) comes from and evidence for that?????

Very interesting exercise. Yes you are permitted to use a calculator, you will need it.

I look forward to your calculations and result advice!:thumbsu:
Where do your calculations for the thermal expansion of seawater fit into this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back