News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

So interesting times at Metricon
Big clean out
Word is Travers didn't even know it was coming til he was phoned and told
Same for the memberships department
The manager who ordered all the new x blade gear that didn't fit anyone without canvassing anyone elses's opinion?
All had to be sent back.Gone

Just on this my gossip line says that some of this has to do with trying to "breach the unbreachable".
By at last holding underperforming management to account the ultimate Kingpin( yes- you know who) has been made to feel his tenure isn't "for life" and he is actually accountable too.

Interesting week ahead
The Board and Evans have some very important decisions to make this week. Will they write off this season for a long term strategy or will they attempt to salvage this season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting week ahead
The Board and Evans have some very important decisions to make this week. Will they write off this season for a long term strategy or will they attempt to salvage this season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's 2 rounds in jeez. You think Hawthorn have written off the season? Sydney? st Kilda? North? I'm as pissed off as the next supporter but having a defeatist attitude then you have already lost. Figure out the defeciencies and discuss the change necessary (from a supporters perspective that is).

Reassess at the bye, see where we are at. If we are 0-9, stuff obviously needs to change but at round 2 I'm not willing to throw the whole season away.
we can say that but we play only 2 teams that didnt play finals last year during that time- Carlton and Port Adelaide

Evans to Eade "how can I help Rocket"
Eade to Evans "coffee would be nice"
Evans to Eade "That's a great idea i might have one to"
Evans to Ashcroft "Marcus 2 coffees NOW and don't forget the milk"

Evans to Eade "how can I help Rocket"
Eade to Evans "coffee would be nice"
Evans to Eade "That's a great idea i might have one to"
Evans to Ashcroft "Marcus 2 coffees NOW and don't forget the milk"

Forget the admin. They need to give the whole team a double espresso right before the next game to wake the f**kers up.

The one thing our players get away with is public scrutiny, Paul Roos was talking on the Sunday rub I think it was on Triple m in Melbourne, he was talking about the difference in coaching in Sydney vs coaching in Melbourne, he said the big difference he noticed was he didn't have to get stuck into the players at Melbourne on a Monday morning after a bad game because the players had already coped it in the street, he said the players would come in Monday already knowing what they did wrong because they coped it at the coffee shop at the newsagents and when they were eating breakfast before heading into the club. Roos rekon this is why coaches at clubs like the Suns and lions loose the playing group

Last edited:
The one thing our players get away with is public scrutiny, Paul Roos was talking on the Sunday rub I think it was on Triple m in Melbourne, he was talking about the difference in coaching in Sydney vs coaching in Melbourne, he said the big difference he noticed was he didn't have to get stuck into the players at Melbourne on a Monday morning after a bad game because the players had already coped it in the street, he said the players would come in Monday already knowing what they did wrong because they coped it at the coffee shop at the newsagents and when they were eating breakfast before heading into the club. Roos rekon this is why coaches at clubs like the Suns and lions loose the playing group

Good point - if the players were more exposed to fan feedback it would help them to be more accountable - perhaps there should be an open line from fans to the players as part of their weekly review!

So what's the difference between NSW and Queensland Roosy???? :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It may happen
Poor Rocket

He lays massive Foundations but never seems destined to walk through the door of the prize house
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't keep a builder who can lay great foundations but whose structure/walls/roof collapse after one week.

If you don't understand what Rocket has done for the Club since arriving you don't understand footy IMO
You're probably that person behind me shrieking in my ear at every match
"Why are you kicking it backwards?????!!!!!"
I really believe our fully fit list is a very good one and he's certainly been unlucky with injuries
I also think injuries beget injuries
ie guys play on because they know there's no-one left in the sheds and make injuries worse and guys who aren't ready for the Big Show turn up and get shredded
He may not be the Coach to take us to the next level, but he has certainly provided the building blocks

Last edited:
If you don't understand what Rocket has done for the Club since arriving you don't understand footy IMO
You're probably that person behind me shrieking in my ear at every match
"Why are you kicking it backwards?????!!!!!"
I really believe our fully fit list is a very good one and he's certainly been unlucky with injuries
I also think injuries beget injuries
ie guys play on because they know there's no-one left in the sheds and make injuries worse and guys who aren't ready for the Big Show turn up and get shredded
He may not be the Coach to take us to the next level, but he has certainly provided the building blocks

The most infuriating thing at a football game

Overwhelming neutral opinion to all our problems on BF and in my day to day chats about footy: sack Rocket :$

What do you even say in response

Overwhelming neutral opinion to all our problems on BF and in my day to day chats about footy: sack Rocket :$

Yare it is :$
Poor Rocket
I honestly think everyone outside the Gold Coast thinks we should be some AFL superpower but the truth is we burnt our early draft advantages through bad selection and players wanting trade-outs , had a weak back of house setup and are really only now righting the ship

I saw on Melbourne's Channel 7 News tonight that Rocket won't keep his job beyond 2017 unless he can take us to a maiden finals berth. The same report later said Mark Evans is almost definitely going to sound out Alastair Clarkson as the replacement coach should Eade not be renewed. What do we think gang? I don't want to preempt Rodney's departure because I think that's unfair and disrespectful but our 2018 head coach is certainly something we need to be talking about when we don't have a coach contracted for next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back