Competitions Collingwood All Time Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Not necessarily the next player I want but I need a Full Forward so with Pick 47 I select a man who kicked 100 goals in a season, won a Coleman and was our club leading goal kicker 5 times. With pick 47 I select Brian Taylor.
Well done was hoping BT would slip.

Not necessarily the next player I want but I need a Full Forward so with Pick 47 I select a man who kicked 100 goals in a season, won a Coleman and was our club leading goal kicker 5 times. With pick 47 I select Brian Taylor.
He was my next one... hoping he'd slide 2 more picks. Great pick btw

Edit: Had my blurb written already about last century goalkicker, but his last 2 were most important etc :)

Alby Pannam for me please. Another creative type that could also play on ball to complement Daics. Sixth in Collingwood’s all time goalscorer list, and from a Collingwood royalty bloodline.

Trickster I think this means you’re next

Alby Pannam for me please. Another creative type that could also play on ball to complement Daics. Sixth in Collingwood’s all time goalscorer list, and from a Collingwood royalty bloodline.

Great pick.
A sensational record as a player.
By all accounts a tough, brash, loud, cocky and brilliant player.
453 goals for the Pies.
With a run of scoring 35+ goals in a season for ten years in a row!
Could we use him now!!

Great pick.
A sensational record as a player.
By all accounts a tough, brash, loud, cocky and brilliant player.
453 goals for the Pies.
With a run of scoring 35+ goals in a season for ten years in a row!
Could we use him now!!
Would’ve been an interesting player in the modern game I feel. Potentially too small, but his contemporary comparison in Brent Harvey managed to hang around for a couple of games

I’m picturing a rougher tougher version of Alan Didak. Goals galore, usually a kind of roving forward. Super dangerous.
I guess the height and roving capabilities is what’s given me the Harvey image, but described as more skilful around the sticks (not that Brent was any slouch!)

That is a great pick, but the one that was on my radar also. The last 2. Barge and Alby now both off the list.

I'm on the clock but will be asking for extra time. Its Bont and Selwood all over again :)

Getting tougher now...

Last edited:
Can we change our players positions or are we locked into the position they were originally in? Just asking for a friend
Yeah I figure it's a temporary thing to ask Trickster for the spreadsheet and to help us, but depending how the draft goes, we can shuffle them around.

Ok with Pick 49, I'm selecting Alan Didak on a half forward flank. 218 games and 274 goals for the Pies. What this doesn't highlight is the brilliance he possessed and the deadly left foot he had.

Who could forget his 2 goals agst Bris in the 03 Qual final in the last quarter or his 3 goals agst WCE in 3 mins, his torp agst Carlton in 2010 from about 60 or his now famous shimmy.

But aside from his mercurialness, he was also good enough to win our B&F in 2006 and twice topped 40 goals - in 2006 and in 2010 when he won the goalkicking in a premiership year.

Had he spent more time as a forward he would have kicked a lot more goals, but that would have robbed us of his midfield brilliance and scything delivery into our forward line.

Over to magpies42 for Pick 50.

Yeah I figure it's a temporary thing to ask Trickster for the spreadsheet and to help us, but depending how the draft goes, we can shuffle them around.

Fantastic because I am switching Fothergill to the centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok with Pick 49, I'm selecting Alan Didak on a half forward flank. 218 games and 274 goals for the Pies. What this doesn't highlight is the brilliance he possessed and the deadly left foot he had.

Who could forget his 2 goals agst Bris in the 03 Qual final in the last quarter or his 3 goals agst WCE in 3 mins, his torp agst Carlton in 2010 from about 60 or his now famous shimmy.

But aside from his mercurialness, he was also good enough to win our B&F in 2006 and twice topped 40 goals - in 2006 and in 2010 when he won the goalkicking in a premiership year.

Had he spent more time as a forward he would have kicked a lot more goals, but that would have robbed us of his midfield brilliance and scything delivery into our forward line.

Over to magpies42 for Pick 50.
I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be draft night for Hine. Just missing out on Didak, Alby and BT is a killer. I have to rethink…will get back to you shortly

Crikey this has been a genuine toss up between 4 players, apologies for the delay. I’ve decided to bolster the midfield/wing/ forward lines with Steele Sidebottom. Dual Copeland trophy winner, finished second in the Brownlow in 2018. Skillful, dual sided, good overhead, a great runner and tackler. Sharp shooter in from of goal can just about play any position on the ground but I’ll play him on a wing for the mean time.

Crikey this has been a genuine toss up between 4 players, apologies for the delay. I’ve decided to bolster the midfield/wing/ forward lines with Steele Sidebottom. Dual Copeland trophy winner, finished second in the Brownlow in 2018. Skillful, dual sided, good overhead, a great runner and tackler. Sharp shooter in from of goal can just about play any position on the ground but I’ll play him on a wing for the mean time.

His 2018 campaign was legitimately amazing. Great choice

I thought he was about to make it to me 😭

93306f199f69ce1c99e8521e3f6facfe.jpeg
With pick 51, I choose Neil Mann. Started as a forward (48 goals in '47 from 16 games), then moved to the backline (runner up in a Copeland in '48). But it was his efforts when thrown into the ruck from 1951 was when he really excelled.

- Premiership ruckman '53
- Best finals player '53 and '55
- Copeland trophy '54, runner up '53, third place '55
- 3rd in the '53 brownlow, 2nd in '54.
- Vice captain '50 - '54
- Captain '55 and '56
- Victoria ‘54 – ’56.

Back:

_______ _______ _______

Half Back:

_______ _______ _______

Centre:

_______ Bob Rose _______

Half Forward:

_________ Travis Cloke ________

Forward:

Ted Rowell Ron Todd ________

Followers

Neil Mann _______ ________​

iGNITER you’re up

View attachment 1261028
With pick 51, I choose Neil Mann. Started as a forward (48 goals in '47 from 16 games), then moved to the backline (runner up in a Copeland in '48). But it was his efforts when thrown into the ruck from 1951 was when he really excelled.

- Vice captain '50 - '54
- Captain '55 and '56
- Victoria ‘54 – ’56.

Back:

_______ _______ _______

Half Back:

_______ _______ _______

Centre:

_______ Bob Rose _______

Half Forward:

_________ Travis Cloke ________

Forward:

Ted Rowell Ron Todd ________

Followers

Neil Mann _______ ________​

iGNITER you’re up
OH COME ON 😭

Geez this is getting rough. Thought I could bloody at least steal him. I hate this waiting lol.

View attachment 1261028

- Vice captain '50 - '54
- Captain '55 and '56
- Victoria ‘54 – ’56.

Back:

_______ _______ _______

Half Back:

_______ _______ _______

Centre: