Remove this Banner Ad

Karlostj

All Australian
Oct 31, 2005
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Along with all the rest of the so called footy supporters that take such pleasure in the misfortune of players from other sides.

Lloyd faces extended time on sidelines
Tuesday, 18 April 2006
Essendon captain Matthew Lloyd could be sidelined for up to five weeks with a hamstring injury. Trainers carried Lloyd from the ground during the third quarter of Sunday’s clash with the Bulldogs after a marking contest and he was taken straight to the medical rooms.

It was initially hoped Lloyd was suffering from a hamstring strain that had been compounded by a corked thigh. It now appears the muscle has been torn meaning an extended period on the sidelines. A significant amount of bleeding around the injury means a scan is yet to be done.

Lloyd took his first step in the rehabilitation process today, spending an hour in the hyperbaric chamber. The best case scenario might be three weeks but it appears more likely to be at least a month on the sidelines.

Are we gonig to see him in any diving comps while he's recovering from his "injury".:D

There are a fair stack of Essendon supporters hoping to see the Messiah in the red and black, I'd have to say that its looking unlikely as he hasn't played in a long time now....

Who knows though...

Should be a good ANZAC match regardless, both sides are in pretty good touch, perhaps the Pies more so, although its hard to judge after 3 rounds....

Karlostj said:
There are a fair stack of Essendon supporters hoping to see the Messiah in the red and black, I'd have to say that its looking unlikely as he hasn't played in a long time now....

Who knows though...

Should be a good ANZAC match regardless, both sides are in pretty good touch, perhaps the Pies more so, although its hard to judge after 3 rounds....
He had a good pre-season before getting injured, will be interesting to see if hes rushed in.

tigerboyz said:
Are we gonig to see him in any diving comps while he's recovering from his "injury".:D

The one positive that Richmond can take from the season so far is that surely their form can't take a further dive....?? Well at least they can't dive down the ladder any further... unlike Lloyd when he comes back from injury...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zeke said:
I guess there's a 98% chance of him being injured at any point in time, so the odds were pretty good.

He's had 17 years of pretty much injury free footy.

Its only the last four years where he's played less then 10 games of footy. The guy has more motivation then the vast majority of footballers the way he keeps going (especially considering that he was told he may never run again). If he can get a break from injuries he is going to be a super player!

Hopefully he will get that break....

Karlostj said:
Along with all the rest of the so called footy supporters that take such pleasure in the misfortune of players from other sides.

Lloyd faces extended time on sidelines
Tuesday, 18 April 2006
Essendon captain Matthew Lloyd could be sidelined for up to five weeks with a hamstring injury. Trainers carried Lloyd from the ground during the third quarter of Sunday’s clash with the Bulldogs after a marking contest and he was taken straight to the medical rooms.

It was initially hoped Lloyd was suffering from a hamstring strain that had been compounded by a corked thigh. It now appears the muscle has been torn meaning an extended period on the sidelines. A significant amount of bleeding around the injury means a scan is yet to be done.

Lloyd took his first step in the rehabilitation process today, spending an hour in the hyperbaric chamber. The best case scenario might be three weeks but it appears more likely to be at least a month on the sidelines.

i for one dont like seeing players injured, especially the good ones.
anyway it's anzac day, so that means jimmy hird is the danger man.

gee and im sure you were all upset when jason cloke and anthony rocca got rubbed out in 02 and 03

you dont like it when it happens to your team but for collingwood i bet it makes you real happy

The Majestic said:
I am not happy that Lloyd is injured, we have played well against the Bombers on Anzac Day since 2002, when we won in the wet. I just hope we play well, regardless of who Essendon does or doesn't play.

Summed up perfectly!

tigerboyz said:
You finished below us last year didn't you?.:D
In the past mate, Essendon are a better side than you guys now.

Big loss for Essendon, now Jimmy C will just have to take Jimmy H and it will be another epic battle!

And I am not stoked, a little relieved that a gun is out but it is a loss for Anzac day.

Armageddon said:

Big loss for Essendon, now Jimmy C will just have to take Jimmy H and it will be another epic battle!

And I am not stoked, a little relieved that a gun is out but it is a loss for Anzac day.

jimmy's everywhere.

I'm sure not all Collingwood supporters would be stoked... and yes I wouldn't be unhappy to see a few Collingwood players out of the side.... But I wouldn't take pleasure in seeing they were injured...

But you've got to admit, it made for an attention grabbing topic heading?

Plus there have been quite a few posters taking a fair bit of pleasure in Lloyd's injury and a lot of those have been supporters from sides we don't even play in the next few weeks!

gee and im sure you were all upset when jason cloke and anthony rocca got rubbed out in 02 and 03

you dont like it when it happens to your team but for collingwood i bet it makes you real happy

I honestly would much prefer to beat a full strength line-up as it probably means a lot more.

actually, I would have much preferred to see Collingwood snatch the Flag then Brisbane go back to back to back.

Im also pretty confident in saying that after seeing Barry Hall get off last year, the AFL bossess/arselickers (or operation managers...whichever you prefer) has a big say in who does and who does not get cleared by the Tribunal come Grand Final week.

Believe it.

Armageddon said:

Ummm,ROUND 3 Armageddon and the bummers have won only one game remember?.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back