List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Were you taking the piss? Having a joke? Mucking around? Because in this reality there's no chance Schache is worth remotely close to that sort of currency. His trade value is one first round pick with the nature of it TBD over the course of the year.

Were you taking the piss? Having a joke? Mucking around? Because in this reality there's no chance Schache is worth remotely close to that sort of currency. His trade value is one first round pick with the nature of it TBD over the course of the year.
Lol. If brisbane accept that id be wrapt

Wrapt? Wait are we talking about Fyfe/ Franklin or a kid hasn't done anything yet? I'd be hesitant offering a top 10-15 pick as it stands because being a high draft pick means little two years on (that's what your basing it on I assume). Look at James Aish for instance who'd at least shown something.

You're asking if we should give more than we did for Treloar (and by a fair bit) which would easily trump our contract to Mayne as the dumbest list management decision in club history, IMO.

You're having a lend, yeah?

I don't think Schache has the tools to be a dominant AFL KPF. He should become solid, but we'd have to way overpay.

People think the double 1st rounder is the default trade currency now?

Some players are still only worth 1 pick.

Not every trade needs or will require more then 1 pick, Schade a good young prospect is worthy of 1 pick not 2 at this stage.

This draft looks pretty good if anything I hope we trade into the top 5-10 and take the pick to the draft.

Josh Schache is worth every penny of two first rounders if a club were to get him - he will be an absolute star, possibly the best forward in the comp eventually. That said, I wouldn't pay that for him seeing as 1) rules say we can't, and 2) he would require a massive contract, which would put a lot of our players' futures in jeopardy like De Goey, Maynard and Grundy.

Josh Schache is worth every penny of two first rounders if a club were to get him - he will be an absolute star, possibly the best forward in the comp eventually. That said, I wouldn't pay that for him seeing as 1) rules say we can't, and 2) he would require a massive contract, which would put a lot of our players' futures in jeopardy like De Goey, Maynard and Grundy.

I'm probably wrong, but I don't see it. To me he doesn't appear to have the attributes. Little ground level game. Not enough pace to get seperation on the lead. Doesn't look like a huge threat when the balls kicked long to a contest. I just don't see the tools to dominate.

2 firsts + levi for schace?

Massive Overs. Maybe 1 1st Rounder and Levi for him.

He would need to at least Kick 50 Goals to be even worth anything Close to that and in his 2nd year with a s**t Side. He won't get Close

People need to stop throwing first rounders around like beads at mardi gras.

My opinion the club should only be trading a first rounder for a proven player who can have an immediate impact in 2018. Failing that go to the draft.

The problem with trading two first rounders for a player like Schache is that even if he turns out to be worth that investment he will be on his career contract at the same time as a player like Moore. It's better to stagger those sought of recruitment decisions so that when one player goes on to big money there are others coming off it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People need to stop throwing first rounders around like beads at mardi gras.

My opinion the club should only be trading a first rounder for a proven player who can have an immediate impact in 2018. Failing that go to the draft.

The problem with trading two first rounders for a player like Schache is that even if he turns out to be worth that investment he will be on his career contract at the same time as a player like Moore. It's better to stagger those sought of recruitment decisions so that when one player goes on to big money there are others coming off it.

Depends how low or High the 1st Rounder be IF look at Moving it or not

Depends how low or High the 1st Rounder be IF look at Moving it or not

Of course the later a pick the less valuable it is, but that is still dependant on the quality of the draft. Even though we're still a fair way out from this years draft it is reportedly a good one. Therefore unless trading that pick allows the club to immediately fill a hole in the list, such as a mature KPP, then I would rather they use it themselves.

2 firsts + levi for schace?

giphy.gif

Monster. You made the kitty puke. Bad man.

I reckon Schache would be a great get. I'd be fully supportive of the club chasing that trade. But I wouldn't pay more than one first round pick. And I'd be comparing Schache against the best likely key forward at that first round pick before making a decision.

Moore played 9 games in his first season and kicked 9.3.

He kicked 24.14 from 17 games last season.

He averages 9 disposals and 4 marks across both seasons.

Schache played 17 games in his first season and kicked 16.18.

Only 4 less scoring shots than Moore last year.

He averaged 8.5 disposals and 4 marks in 2016.

Moore played 9 games in his first season and kicked 9.3.

He kicked 24.14 from 17 games last season.

He averages 9 disposals and 4 marks across both seasons.

Schache played 17 games in his first season and kicked 16.18.

Only 4 less scoring shots than Moore last year.

He averaged 8.5 disposals and 4 marks in 2016.

Moore was Injured for awhile last season

He did want to go there, which makes his reluctance to sign all the more surprising. Certainly, at least some on the Brisbane board have already declared him gone.

I hope we are throwing everything at him. He would be an amazing pickup.

Any player would be silly to sign before the new EBA is finalized as there'll be a lot more cash to splash on new contracts once done.

If Schache is worth Levi & 2 first rounders, then we took GWS to the cleaners for Treloar. He cost us 2 first rounders but we got a 2nd round pick back. Geelong only paid their first & 2nd round picks & Dean Gore for Dangerfield. What does that make Moore worth because I wouldn't swap Moore for Scache.

You don't sell the farm for potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back