Preview Collingwood v Geelong, 17 March 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mistake. You have never met or interacted with any of them. I should know better.

Have a nice Friday night, hurling invectives at the TV - abusing the opposition players and umpires.
I see you edited “insults” to “invectives” after posting.
12A19F71-26DE-4888-AEF8-EB7FA1D44D1E.jpeg
Excuse me for having passion.

Enjoy your La Porchetta dinner with Tom Hawkins and Grian Myers tonight good sir. Pass on my best wishes.

Hawkins would have to be seriously underdone.A 34 year old recovering from major foot surgery.But then again,all he does is stand still and push his opponents away,usually in the back,and the umpires do nothing about it.😳
Imagine if Cloke got that license.... Plus Selwood ducking all career, Ginni does it for 1 season and they change the interpretation. AFL cheats! Feels good to have footy back 🤣🤣🤣

I am very happy with the selected team. I believe the decision to name Murphy and not Frampton is correct, regardless of whether Hawkins plays. We trust our team defence and midfield pressure to blockade Cameron and Hawkins. Frampton, based on his performances in practice matches, was not a reliable one on one opponent against Hawkins/Cameron. Either McInnes or Carmichael will be the sub - I think both are very worthy. Noble is very much top 22. His pace and transition with IQ from HB will be extremely important in running the Cats off their feet.
It will be a great game, and I think we are 50-50 to win.

The team was pretty much as expected.It was only a question of Frampton versus Murphy really,and we went for Murphy as expected.When is the sub named by the way?
From memory it’s not until 60 mins before play.

Yep good team, no surprises. I wonder how close Billy was? I don’t think he’ll have to wait long for a game though. The way Murphy plays he’ll knock himself out running back into a pack soon. Not that I want this as he’s crazy brave, maybe too much so.

I hope we aren't considering playing Howe on Cameron as he simply doesn't possess the body strength to move Cameron off the line while Cameron can match him in the athleticism stakes so no advantage to be gained there.

Like Howe Maynard will also be giving away centimetres but with Moore required now for Hawkins he's the only one who can at least keep him honest in terms of both speed and strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So no AJ, Dean, Krueger and Frampton, 4 players we really needed to play footy for us early

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some quality there not playing for sure but I doubt we’ll ever see more than two of that quartet playing AFL together in the same side.

Johnson and Krueger are the two I’d most like to see up by and going from that foursome. Hopefully AJ’s not far away.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We’re you asleep last year when AJ played against Melb?
There is no debate that he’s a Super talent - but lack of application and work rate may ultimately be his undoing.

He has talent, but it takes more than talent to best an AFL level player. He is currently not at that level.

Surprise surprise, Murphy gets a game. Who would have thought we’d stick with the backline that performed so well in the back end of last year.

Who would have thought, Frampton who has shown nothing across his career and this preseason doesn’t get selected.

Brain surgery. How about the journos and the punters on here that were adamant. No clue

I hope we aren't considering playing Howe on Cameron as he simply doesn't possess the body strength to move Cameron off the line while Cameron can match him in the athleticism stakes so no advantage to be gained there.

Like Howe Maynard will also be giving away centimetres but with Moore required now for Hawkins he's the only one who can at least keep him honest in terms of both speed and strength.
I'd play Maynard on him too, but I don't think it's body strength or height why Cameron has a field day on Howe. He does him on the lead up the ground due to Howe's zoning and when they're in a pack mark situation, Howe flies in the pack and Cameron stays down and finds space to receive if Cats win the ground ball.

Happy that we've opted for Murphy instead of Frampton.

Ins and outs from last year's prelim side to our round 1 team.
  • IN: Adams, Hill, McStay, Mitchell
  • OUT: Bianco, Ginnivan, Johnson, Kreuger, Lipinski
One of Frampton, McInnes, Carmichael or Markov will be added to the ins as the 23rd player.

So no AJ, Dean, Krueger and Frampton, 4 players we really needed to play footy for us early

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think our talls are looking good. Stronger in the ones and better depth than we've had for years. There's no rush for any of that 4, although I'd love to see Kreuger fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back