Autopsy Come and stay for the Hayward show 48 point win vs Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve pretty much resigned myself to just a lurker here but tonight warrants special mention of watching two Fremantle players crying before the match. Life is bigger than football and whilst grateful for the win life is beyond that and tonight is raw and emotional so it’s bitter sweet to see the win but feel for those effected by suicide. It’s beyond our control but not beyond human decency to feel for others and I’m heart broken for those that knew the guy that couldn’t get past his demons. I feel so deeply for other blokes who just can’t make it.

Wait it was confirmed self harm?

I’m truly sorry if I’m off the mark but those are the rumblings I’ve heard

Seizure someone said?

Either way your point is well put and still important

That second half goal kicking performance is a very good demonstration of reversion to the mean.

put it down to fatigue from the early effort in the heat to take the game away from fremantle
heeney said it after the game, warm night, big ground, and the swans must've spent some tickets with that relentless swarming in the first half and beyond ...
all of that helped put the physical and mental pressure on the dockers that contributed to their dreadful goalkicking
it had to take some toll on us
we still absolutely controlled the game, and the tempo of the game, for long periods ... a very mature and important win

1st off swans fans, congratulations on the win.

Tonight shows the class difference between a very good forward line and a bang average one.

9.0.54 to 1.8.14 by half time summed it up.
Can't have been an easy night for a lot of your boys out there under the circumstances. Felt devastated seeing Fyfe before the bounce and both him and Pearce after the game too.

Was only able to watch snippets of the game. Am i right in saying Lloyd played more of a wing role rather than in the back six (seven). Francis, Melican, Rampe, Florent, Blakey, Roberts and more so McInerney than Lloyd formed the back seven?

Edit: Disregard, forgot Cunningham being in the back seven so both Lloyd and McInerney would have been further up field.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Felt devastated seeing Fyfe before the bounce and both him and Pearce after the game too.
I really felt for them tonight. Difficult to go over the top celebrating our win considering the circumstances.

Another great team performance like last week. Jordon is an absolute steal he isn't going out of the team unless he's injured. Francis struggled a bit early on but got back into it.
That's two outstanding back to back wins. Freo aren't quite there but that second quarter was a masterclass in pressuring the ball carrier and marking up tight.
I am a bit excited about what we have here this year and they really look like they are enjoying their footy. Everyone is contributing and we were a bit more patient at times tonight which helped in the conditions.
The Moggies losing as well tonight makes it even better. 😁

Can't have been an easy night for a lot of your boys out there under the circumstances. Felt devastated seeing Fyfe before the bounce and both him and Pearce after the game too.

Terrible circumstances to play a game of football in situations like this it should be postponed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back