Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have an issue with what Event Horizon is saying.

Plenty of industries have periods where under no circumstances should you be taking leave in certain periods of time.

I enforce it with a lot of my PM's during the lead in to handovers of major projects.

Should Jack Ziebell be allowed to take 3 weeks next week because he has leave accrued? No, they take leave out of season.

The football club is ticking along for more than the football season, I fully understand that, but it's not unreasonable to expect that essentially the head of the football club should be just as restricted as the players in taking leave in the 6 months of the year the season isn't on.

It's especially not a great look when we sacked the coach a month ago and the entire club is meant to be under a full forensic review.

It's especially not a great look when we sacked the coach a month ago and the entire club is meant to be under a forensic review.

Going by what I saw over the past 6 months there's a strong argument that Dilena's absence serves to strengthen that process.

That's a bit different as Jack's duties are almost exclusively carried out within the footy season, whereas Carl's probably aren't.

Are they?

They can't take leave during 4 months of the pre-season either.

They're restricted to a 6 week block after the end of the season.

I'm not protecting the players, as 6-8 weeks and their average pay is a ridiculously good wicket for most their age, however it's not as simple for them either.

Are they?

I'm not protecting the players, as 6-8 weeks and their average pay is a ridiculously good wicket for most their age, however it's not as simple for them either.
A CEO is vastly different from a player. Not even close.

Are they?

They are also not able to perform duties remotely, or delegate tasks. It's a completely different scenario.

Personally I'd say if a CEO can't take 2-3 weeks off then they are probably not doing their job properly anyway.

Are they?

Yeah, they are

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I remember listening to him deliver that analysis live. What the article doesn't do justice to is the way he announced that North had the "worst list bar none".

He drew it out and dropped it as though he was King George announcing that England had entered the war against Germany.

I heard it live also SM and that description of how he said it is bang on the money.

Guys I am sorry, but school holidays have nothing to do with the footy industry I am afraid. If he wants to take the kids overseas in July, he needs to go back to working for KPMG, but if you want to be a CEO of an AFL club, all your trips will have to be planned for the off season IMO.

Rubbish. Demetriou used to take 3 weeks in the middle of the year at school holiday time every year. Stuff used to come up. Stuff got dealt with. The wheels are turning quite satisfactorily at present even sans Funky.

Rubbish. Demetriou used to take 3 weeks in the middle of the year at school holiday time every year. Stuff used to come up. Stuff got dealt with. The wheels are turning quite satisfactorily at present even sans Funky.
To compare the AFL with its countless execs and the club that has just lost its coach and head of football and is in the middle of forensic review, is not quite apples to apples.

To compare the AFL with its countless execs and the club that has just lost its coach and head of football and is in the middle of forensic review, is not quite apples to apples.
What if it were deliberate to allow the club to undertake its review? Just exactly what does a CEO need to be discussing at length in person with the coach in round 16 anyway he can't do over the phone. Taken his kids away for school holidays, nice work life balance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if it were deliberate to allow the club to undertake its review? Just exactly what does a CEO need to be discussing at length in person with the coach in round 16 anyway he can't do over the phone. Taken his kids away for school holidays, nice work life balance.

That's a possibility yes

The thing is that the next 18 months team now has a mix of Old, New and Polec that could make him eat his words

The blend has potential

Edit-forgot Pittard

Because they both joined at the same time my daughter has somehow merged them into one player - Pollard - which covers both of them no matter who gets the ball.

She did a similar thing a few seasons ago with Turner and Garner - Gurner.

He could be "overseas" in Sydney for all we know...

70% of people do not like the job they are in and count down until it's time to go on a holiday. That leads me to believe that Carl doesn't like his job. If i was CEO of North everyday would feel like i was on a glorious holiday. We should hire people that want too work for North. Not people who can't wait to clock off at 5pm and shoot off for 3 weeks. Disappointed.

70% of people do not like the job they are in and count down until it's time to go on a holiday. That leads me to believe that Carl doesn't like his job. If i was CEO of North everyday would feel like i was on a glorious holiday. We should hire people that want too work for North. Not people who can't wait to clock off at 5pm and shoot off for 3 weeks. Disappointed.

Fair point, but equally it has been hard going this year with the Scott stuff, s**t start to the year, garner caving in a guys lid, Longers speculation etc. His job isn't exactly a cakewalk.

On the other hand, dude is basically invisible in the media and our profile as a club is very low. So who knows.

I understand people are entitled to their holidays but have to question Dilena's judgement here. Footy season is about 30 weeks - you have 20 more to take leave. The club is in a difficult position at the moment with coach search and club review. If Carl snuck away for a week or 10 days would probably be ok in normal circumstances, but 3 weeks right now? Ummm, poor judgement. Rumour is building that he is finished at season's end.

70% of people do not like the job they are in and count down until it's time to go on a holiday. That leads me to believe that Carl doesn't like his job. If i was CEO of North everyday would feel like i was on a glorious holiday.

I doubt Good Friday this year felt like a glorious holiday for Carl. Which rates fairly highly on the irony meter when you think about it...

Just heard a bite of Robbo on 360 calling Cunners a stomach sniper. Lol. Anyone hear that?

Yep and it was posted on twatface last night for all of the oppo trolls to go to town on........”he’s a dog” etc.

I understand people are entitled to their holidays but have to question Dilena's judgement here. Footy season is about 30 weeks - you have 20 more to take leave. The club is in a difficult position at the moment with coach search and club review. If Carl snuck away for a week or 10 days would probably be ok in normal circumstances, but 3 weeks right now? Ummm, poor judgement. Rumour is building that he is finished at season's end.
CEO would do his best work in that other 20 weeks, I'd say.

Yep and it was posted on twatface last night for all of the oppo trolls to go to town on........”he’s a dog” etc.

Bloody peanuts. I saw some of the saints supporters calling Jack a dog on Twitter for his bump on Clark. Dog act on a young player etc.. Welcome to the big league kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back