Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racism is interesting and I must say I have copped my fair share over the journey, well when I was playing footy I mean. You see being adopted into a massive Irish family and being ******* Egyptian I kind of standout lol. The poor buggers would all fry in the summer and I'd be oh not too hot it's only 41.

I so hated how I looked and wished I was like all of my family, and over the years I pondered all of that and then it dawned on me that not one person I respect or admired ever commented on how I looked or ever said a nasty word about me. the only people that abused me didn't know me and were uneducated fools that I should never have let get under my skin. I own that I allowed them to upset me.

We give racism too much attention at times and I also find the sticking up for people crowd a tad annoying. My kids love being Egyptian and both wish they were more Egyptian, so yeah we have come a very long way. Yes granted I have only Melbourne as my experience, i feel some of our other states are backwaters and are years behind and possibly may never get there.

Oh white ladies like Egyptian men :p, So they all pass the racism test, well done girls

Racism is interesting and I must say I have copped my fair share over the journey, well when I was playing footy I mean. You see being adopted into a massive Irish family and being ******* Egyptian I kind of standout lol. The poor buggers would all fry in the summer and I'd be oh not too hot it's only 41.

I so hated how I looked and wished I was like all of my family, and over the years I pondered all of that and then it dawned on me that not one person I respect or admired ever commented on how I looked or ever said a nasty word about me. the only people that abused me didn't know me and were uneducated fools that I should never have let get under my skin. I own that I allowed them to upset me.

We give racism too much attention at times and I also find the sticking up for people crowd a tad annoying. My kids love being Egyptian and both wish they were more Egyptian, so yeah we have come a very long way. Yes granted I have only Melbourne as my experience, i feel some of our other states are backwaters and are years behind and possibly may never get there.

Oh white ladies like Egyptian men :p, So they all pass the racism test, well done girls
Plenty to be proud about as an Egyptian. My German heritage, not so much🧐.

Plenty to be proud about as an Egyptian. My German heritage, not so much🧐.

No won't cop that the Germans have done a lot of wonderful things over the years. You weren't to blame and a couple of years ago a boy dressed in a German uniform marched on ANZAC day at the Upwey RSL. Was great to see and he was made very welcome.

Us Egyptians rolled over man time and time again. Our day in the sun was 3500 years ago. A bit like *. Of course my bio father fled Egypt as he didn't have the same religious beliefs as the majority.

Some horrid things are remembered and others are never spoken of for fear of being labelled.

Quite funny that we were the basket case of the league on this show 12 months ago, now we are a bench mark for rebuilding clubs on the right track. Last 30 seconds of this clip…

Basically says "I don't want the Collingwood job because they haven't got their s**t together, they need to be more like North Melbourne".
👍

The whole " we can't afford to bottom out" is and always has been bullshit. Frustrated the pants of me, the media hate teams treading water and will lay the boots in. AFL is like a magic show mostly bullshit but can be entertaining. So the media love to be the first one to identify a team on the rise they hate to miss an opportunity.

this is our least successful year in 50 bloody seasons, but the amount of positive press is the most since the halcyon days of the 90's. Think about that.

And yes partly no doubt caused by our strong off field presence, Roos, Noble and Blakey. I am just so happy we have finally learnt how to play the game. No on e is going to attack those three or us for fear of being made to look foolish.

Brilliant work North and after a horrid /20/21. I think once the dust aka virus settles we'll look back and at least have the watershed season of 21 to allow us some fond memories of that horrid time.

Same feelings as me, but i'm 48 years:)

After a decade waiting for breakout years, finally got a few stepping up with TT, Larkey, LDU all taking a step. Seniors stepping up as well in Hall and JZ to new challenges.

Powell - what can I say - haven't been as excited about a player since TT, Larkey, LDU:)

Finally , new recruits actually playing and looking very promising, not one but Powell, Fordy, Will and Charlie , crap I love Charlie!!

Watched Jacobs and Comben both debut in the VFL just a couple of weeks back. A promising injection of quality KPF's.

Sure, I hated losing but I have thoroughly enjoyed the journey this year and can't wait for pre-season reports to start trickling through.

I didn’t hear it, but my brother said on 5AA (Adelaide AM radio for this youngin’s around here) this afternoon they were saying North would likely accept pick 2 (if Crows end up with that) & their 1st rounder next year, just so Adelaide secure Horne.

97% sure it’s all baseless & biased opinion, but when my brother asked me if I personally thought it was a good deal it did make me think. Where will the Crows actually finish next year? They’re probably a strong candidate to finish bottom. Odds on bottom 4…?!

Do you swap pick 1 for a 2 & a 4, even if it’s spread across two seasons?

There’s obviously no guarantees with where the Crows finish next season, but I think they’re worse off. Walker’s hot streak at the start of the season played a huge part in those wins they had.

Also, it worked out pretty well when Freo gave away their pick 1 for Trent Croad. Hawthorn only wasted it on some Hodge kid anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite funny that we were the basket case of the league on this show 12 months ago, now we are a bench mark for rebuilding clubs on the right track. Last 30 seconds of this clip…

I'm not a huge Lyon fan, but I found that fascinating viewing. One clear takeaway is that he probably shouldn't expect a Christmas card from Collingwood. He's burnt that bridge. You need massive balls to say publicly "yes I'm an out of work career coach, and I've been approached by Collingwood the biggest club in the land, but I have no interest in coaching them".

Honestly pick 1 for pick 2 and their first next year is a no brainer for us. The crows wouldn’t do that though.
Agree. If that was the deal we couldn't sign off on it quick enough.

Callaghan not a bad consolation prize, plus 2 first round picks next year.

Honestly pick 1 for pick 2 and their first next year is a no brainer for us. The crows wouldn’t do that though.

Never say never if they've really got the horn for Horne, and maybe a little indifferent on the 2022 crop. It's not total madness when you look at it in the context of the Tim Kelly and Cameron trades and the picks exchanged for those!

😂 no brainer huh? 😂 fk me!

We still get the 2nd pick this year and we get there first next year which will still be low because the Crows are not much chop.

I'm not a huge Lyon fan, but I found that fascinating viewing. One clear takeaway is that he probably shouldn't expect a Christmas card from Collingwood. He's burnt that bridge. You need massive balls to say publicly "yes I'm an out of work career coach, and I've been approached by Collingwood the biggest club in the land, but I have no interest in coaching them".
Got to agree..pretty refreshing to get some sort of insight into Lyons thinking...surprised Eddies head didnt explode when Lyon intimated that he sees Carlton as less dysfunctional than the Pies. And the cherry that North is in alignment.

Yes Omar.

Must be those Bridge skillz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back