Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We still get the 2nd pick this year and we get there first next year which will still be low because the Crows are not much chop.
Dons were not much chop last year. Expectations bottom 4. Look what happened. Things change quickly. Pies have top 3 pick courtesy of Giants who expected a much higher finish from them. Predicting a teams output in subsequent year’s is fraught with danger. Take Horne. You know what you are getting.

I’d only do the trade with crows if we had an agreement from Ben king that he wants to comes to us.
If not just get Horne

I'd imagine if Nobes was sure on Tarrant/Atley he would have been a bit more assertive on there recommitment for next year.

Instead handballed it to Brady a few times as it's his problem

We still get the 2nd pick this year and we get there first next year which will still be low because the Crows are not much chop.
Anything can happen though. What if they finish 10th? Not out of the realms of possibility. Ridiculous. Take the best kid available in this years draft, which is looking like Horne. Our club isnt that stupid to trade away our first number 1 pick in a gamble. F that.

Anything can happen though. What if they finish 10th? Not out of the realms of possibility. Ridiculous. Take the best kid available in this years draft, which is looking like Horne. Our club isnt that stupid to trade away our first number 1 pick in a gamble. F that.

We get the 2nd pick this year back.

10th place gets a top 10 pick, does it not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite funny that we were the basket case of the league on this show 12 months ago, now we are a bench mark for rebuilding clubs on the right track. Last 30 seconds of this clip…

His football's dour and downright ******* boring, but there's no doubt that Ross Lyon knows the game and knows footy clubs inside out. I actually reckon he'd be the perfect type for Carlton to steady the ship and bring in some discipline and a clear direction from top to bottom. They've got the talent and on top of that Lyon would make them bloody hard to play against.

He's be the best kid available this year.
Maybe a bit overrated but that always happens.
I think anyone would be happy to bring on a 21yr old averaging 20+ disposals a game.
The question though always is, at what cost? I think we'd have to over pay to get him. Whereas I'd rather just back in the kids we already have, plus whoever we draft this year.

The question though always is, at what cost? I think we'd have to over pay to get him. Whereas I'd rather just back in the kids we already have, plus whoever we draft this year.
I think freo would accept an early-mid first round pick.

I think freo would accept an early-mid first round pick.
But the wages will be a sticking point, people were of the opinion that bringing Kelly in on big money might put noses out of joint, at least he was more developed and had a very good resume, Cerra presumably would be at the same level perhaps slightly more advanced as some of our incumbents but wanting more money. He’d be nice to have but not sure if we go for it

But the wages will be a sticking point, people were of the opinion that bringing Kelly in on big money might put noses out of joint, at least he was more developed and had a very good resume, Cerra presumably would be at the same level perhaps slightly more advanced as some of our incumbents but wanting more money. He’d be nice to have but not sure if we go for it
Cerra has comparable output to kelly on a decent day.
Maybe not an elite day but he's 6 years younger so has time.
Would be like 650-750k vs the 1 mil we'd be spending on kelly; of which we could still heavily front load to get more inline with what our other youngsters are playing at.
Id want him to say 'yes I want north' then get the deal done. Maybe a future 1st and our 2nd this year with a 3rd coming back or something idk.

Cerra has comparable output to kelly on a decent day.
Maybe not an elite day but he's 6 years younger so has time.
Would be like 650-750k vs the 1 mil we'd be spending on kelly; of which we could still heavily front load to get more inline with what our other youngsters are playing at.
Id want him to say 'yes I want north' then get the deal done. Maybe a future 1st and our 2nd this year with a 3rd coming back or something idk.

Yep but what you’ve said re cerra could also be said for Ldu, TT, Stepho none of them would be at that $650k range. Obviously there’s room for development to get to that Kelly level but my point is your paying a premium to bring him in and his output would be comparable to other players on the list (the pay inequality could cause issues), in terms of draft capital I don’t have that much of an issue as he’s shown he can perform at the level. Again he’d be great to have but a luxury for us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Quite funny that we were the basket case of the league on this show 12 months ago, now we are a bench mark for rebuilding clubs on the right track. Last 30 seconds of this clip…

"David Teague is struggling, let's not try to hurt the guy. But I'd take his job."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back