Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 20 seasons they lost 5 grand finals and won one.
What is the starting point of those 20 seasons?

As for Lehmo, I remember hearing about this because he took Tim Vine's (British one-liner comedian, makes lots of puns and dad jokes) record:

Lehmo also once held the Guinness World Record for the most jokes told in an hour (549).

Yes copy-pasted verbatim.

Ya reckon?

Maybe they can throwback at us that 2008 Final where they beat us up by 1500 points. A great afternoon was had by all in the Southern Stand.

Not

I was in the Olympic stand

Near Kasey Green

I'll never forget Leigh Brown fumbling that ball. For the rest of my life.

The umpiring was also horrific that day

I was in the Olympic stand

Near Kasey Green

I'll never forget Leigh Brown fumbling that ball. For the rest of my life.

The umpiring was also horrific that day

You are giving me PTSD. Kasey Green - he was OK

What is the starting point of those 20 seasons?

As for Lehmo, I remember hearing about this because he took Tim Vine's (British one-liner comedian, makes lots of puns and dad jokes) record:

Lehmo also once held the Guinness World Record for the most jokes told in an hour (549).

Yes copy-pasted verbatim.
You missed the next line of his Wikipedia:

"In April 2014, the record was reassigned back to Tim Vine following a decision from Guinness World Record officials. An official spokesman said that Anthony Lehmann had breached the guidelines. "

I wonder what those guidelines are?

"Possible rules are that the jokes must get a laugh, or that they must be memorised, not read from cards, but this is guesswork since Guinness have not elaborated."

You missed the next line of his Wikipedia:

"In April 2014, the record was reassigned back to Tim Vine following a decision from Guinness World Record officials. An official spokesman said that Anthony Lehmann had breached the guidelines. "

I wonder what those guidelines are?

"Possible rules are that the jokes must get a laugh, or that they must be memorised, not read from cards, but this is guesswork since Guinness have not elaborated."
Yeah I meant to make fun of him but I trailed off like I was putting him on a pedestal...

Tom Powell more emotive than I was expecting, especially after seeing the video where he was told he was debuting. Also fairly considered, dare I say wise, with his words. Most impressive of the lot. Will says pretty much all the right things, but I dunno feels like he's forcing himself a little. That's not necessarily a bad thing either, he's been pretty clear on the type of person he wants to be and it does take work. Was very glad to hear him talk about the importance of life/work balance, early days I was worried he was going to push himself too hard.

Overall a pretty enjoyable video. I think I've enjoyed all of the Q&A's Heath has run so far, it's been a very good initiative.

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Powell more emotive than I was expecting, especially after seeing the video where he was told he was debuting. Also fairly considered, dare I say wise, with his words. Most impressive of the lot. Will says pretty much all the right things, but I dunno feels like he's forcing himself a little. That's not necessarily a bad thing either, he's been pretty clear on the type of person he wants to be and it does take work. Was very glad to hear him talk about the importance of life/work balance, early days I was worried he was going to push himself too hard.

Overall a pretty enjoyable video. I think I've enjoyed all of the Q&A's Heath has run so far, it's been a very good initiative.
Thought Phillips was a rather arrogant video caller with the air pods and all.

Let's not forget that every club passed on him in 2018, 2019 and 2020.

Richmond have been taking punts like this for ages - hello to Ben Cousins, if he is reading this - and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

Good luck to him, if things work out he could play in five flags in five years in three different comps, which would be a hell of a record.

Let's not forget that every club passed on him in 2018, 2019 and 2020.

Richmond have been taking punts like this for ages - hello to Ben Cousins, if he is reading this - and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

Good luck to him, if things work out he could play in five flags in five years in three different comps, which would be a hell of a record.
Its typical of what was our lack of willingness to take chances on players I reckon.

The last two drafts and keeping McGuiness were signs this might be changing tho.

I actually think Phillips was really good, straight to the point and doesnt wanna sugar coat things.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thought Phillips was a rather arrogant video caller with the air pods and all.

lmao he did looked to be at home whereas the players looked to be in secluded rooms within the club.

It’s just way easier to hear with AirPods on and will minimise distractions. I don’t see a problem with it

lmao he did looked to be at home whereas the players looked to be in secluded rooms within the club.

It’s just way easier to hear with AirPods on and will minimise distractions. I don’t see a problem with it

I think that was joke in reference to Will being seen at Chaddy at "appearing arrogant", but a poster a while ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back