Welcome CONFIRMED - Nathan Kreuger to join Geelong (pick 42 to Carlton)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit odd that Carl are negotiating with Adel for McGoven. Clearly Adel had zero interest in him.

You can say the same thing with Port who have two picks almost identical to our. What do they know or have seen.
Adelaide have tall forwards coming out of their ears, Port now have all of Marshall, Dixon, Ryder/Lycett*, Watts and Frampton as best 22.

Krueger looks like Charlie Curnow lite in the way he plays imo. If he clicks he will be a very good key forward. Very very good.

Hope he is a nightmare to match up on... ;)
*On the eve of the Grand Final between Hawthorn and Geelong, Ben Stratton wakes up in a cold sweat. He turns over and nudges Blake Hardwick*

"Blake!" he hisses "Blake!!" again, louder this time.

Hardwick stirs.

"Blake...he keeps invading my dreams. I don't know what to do!"

Suddenly, Nathan Kreuger appears in the doorway...

Last edited:

“I’m over the moon,’’ Kreuger told The Advertiser.

“It’s happened so quickly that I still don’t believe it and really am in shock.

“But it’s a great result, the best moment of my life, especially after what happened last year.’’

“Having visited the club’s facilities on Sunday I already feel right at home there.’’

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...e/news-story/b9ab2e25c8ecf7436e3a4ae1ec34b648

Bit odd that Carl are negotiating with Adel for McGoven. Clearly Adel had zero interest in him.

You can say the same thing with Port who have two picks almost identical to our. What do they know or have seen.

Using this flawed and bizzare logic, what did W.C and Freo know about Kelly to have them avoid drafting him for 5 years?

Paul Roos suggesting that what perpetually terrible teams needed in order to be competitive was more mature players from state leagues while Michael Barlow spent the season averaging 30+ touches in Gold Coast's NEAFL side was bad enough; the AFL implementing the system in such a way that Carlton use it to get more of the same draft picks they've failed to turn into good players for 15+ years, and completely undermining the intent (however dumb) of Roos' original suggestion in the process, is peak Gil Era.
Any idea what the point was of making these selections tradeable?

“Seen him play (I'm a South supporter )
Yes he can play , if Menzel leaves Nathan could slot straight in
Has a strong body for his age and also provides defensive pressure up forward will be missed at the Panthers but good to see him go to the Cats
Can't wait to see him in the hoops!”

Interesting.

Caught me by surprise because he is not mature age as such, but this but a good signing for the Cats.

Could have used that pick on him in the ND but to have him locked in before other clubs can get a look is fair enough.

Thought he was stiff to miss both the ND and RD in 2017, maybe a little to light in body size, but seems to have acquitted himself well at SANFL senior level in 2018. Look forward to seeing him ply his trade in the AFL.

Any idea what the point was of making these selections tradeable?
There was talk mid-year that Gil wanted to supercharge rebuilds by somehow providing s**t sides with more picks, so I assume that's part of the intent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Seen him play (I'm a South supporter )
Yes he can play , if Menzel leaves Nathan could slot straight in
Has a strong body for his age and also provides defensive pressure up forward will be missed at the Panthers but good to see him go to the Cats
Can't wait to see him in the hoops!”

Interesting.

What I really like is his closing speed. For a long lanky player, having that speed is fantastic in forward pressure.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Using this flawed and bizzare logic, what did W.C and Freo know about Kelly to have them avoid drafting him for 5 years?

Right......so you think that if a rule came in last year WC wouldn't have tried to secure them via this method. Nobody rated Ryan and Kelly until last year. Every phantom draft I saw had them going under 40. Draft night is like a game of poker and you can never be sure of what other clubs will do or are thinking

My point was Carl are trying to directly appease Adel for McGoven. Adel could have had direct access to Nathan via this mechanism. Clearly they had no interest. Esp when some are saying he is better than any tall drafted last year. End of point. Don't think I ever put a line through his career.

We really don't mess around. 2nd deal done in the free agency peroid, and already 2 trades done on day 1.
Almost like Wells knows what he's doing

GO Catters

Can’t comment on us getting him - time will tell on that, but we have a good track record on picking “mature” state league players so this would on have been done lightly.

Having said that, WTF is the point of giving Carlton this concession? They trade away a known commodity (albeit not at this level) for a mid 40s pick you would have to think is speculative at best? How does that help them be more competitive?

Could have at least traded for another Lang type. He really changed the game for them this year!

I think we overpayed to be honest. Battled in the SAFL. Corbett would of been the one I would trade for.

Makes our vfl team stronger which is good

I guess you will s**t on every move the club makes.

Do us all a favour and go "follow" another team.

Last edited by a moderator:
*On the eve of the Grand Final between Hawthorn and Geelong, Ben Stratton wakes up in a cold sweat. He turns over and nudges Blake Hardwick*

"Blake!" he hissed "Blake!!" again, louder.
Hardwick stirs.
"Blake...he keeps invading my dreams. I don't know what to do!"

Suddenly, Nathan Kreuger appears in the doorway...

And Stratton realises he is still asleep!

Has a pretty comprehensive skillset based on the 2 vids (apart from a couple of kicking errors). The thing that has me excited is that as a key position player he played midfield in a few of the clips. His turns and agility in traffic plus his tackling are enormous for someone of his side. Has the raw material so will be fun to watch his development - could be anything!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back