Toast Congratulations Travis Boak - 350 games

Remove this Banner Ad

:D Came a long way from that day.

Boak said his mum Chicki had memorised his draft number – the roughly six-digit individual identification code given to each nominee – and swore as soon as it was read out attached to the Power, leaving the room to compose herself before returning to celebrate.

Not sure there is a nicer person in the competition. I personally don't think he's ever been a crazy talented footballer but his work rate is as good as any I've seen in the last 20 years.

To get to 350 games a player needs to essentially not miss a game for 15 and a half seasons. The longevity alone is incredible.

Trav should be commended on what has been a brilliant career getting the absolute most out of himself. Every Club needs someone like Trav in the playing squad, but finding people of his ilk are few and far between. Hopefully the boys have a blinder today and give him a day to remember in what will likely be his final milestone match as a player.

In the 10 minutes I put the sound on for yesterdays game they mentioned that Boak has been a mentor and helping players from other clubs. Surely that is why other clubs pay for captains.

Am I the a-hole for thinking that our captain shouldn't be helping other teams? I get it he's a great bloke, but farken!

In the 10 minutes I put the sound on for yesterdays game they mentioned that Boak has been a mentor and helping players from other clubs.

Am I the a-hole for thinking that our captain shouldn't be helping other teams? I get it he's a great bloke, but farken!
And the majority of people talking nice about boak have all won premierships at other clubs 🥴

And the majority of people talking nice about boak have all won premierships at other clubs 🥴
All those highly resourced clubs, just tapping into our resources too. Yay!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically if Boak stays fit for the entirety of the this season 400 in is reach next season as long as port don't get the daddy donuts disease and miss the eight.

Boak is currently at 350
Plays every game during Home and Away season puts him at 371. Port make finals minimum 372, realstically port play 2 finals as top 4 seems likely but daddy donuts disease might occur so thats 373. Should port play 3 finals this year boak just needs to stay fit all next season and port play 3 finals that's 400. A long way to grand final (4 finals this season) means if boak stays fit all next year and we make top 4 boak plays 400. Also he could play another season after as depth incase of injuries and could be played against a north or west coast just to get 400 incase of daddy donuts disease.

Of course this is assuming boak stays fit and gets another contract extension for a year (or two), and he stays injury free (stays away from jeremy mcgoven, and port make finals at least once in this year and next. Also this is assuming boak stays best 23 throughout this time.

400 definitely possible but an injury free run and some luck is needed.

In the 10 minutes I put the sound on for yesterdays game they mentioned that Boak has been a mentor and helping players from other clubs. Surely that is why other clubs pay for captains.

The thought had flashed upon my mind.

The captain of our team is helping the opposition to play better.

Can you imagine Bucky going over to the Bays and helping them with recovery in the 80s?

Bizarre, bizarre world.

Realistically if Boak stays fit for the entirety of the this season 400 in is reach next season as long as port don't get the daddy donuts disease and miss the eight.

Boak is currently at 350
Plays every game during Home and Away season puts him at 371. Port make finals minimum 372, realstically port play 2 finals as top 4 seems likely but daddy donuts disease might occur so thats 373. Should port play 3 finals this year boak just needs to stay fit all next season and port play 3 finals that's 400. A long way to grand final (4 finals this season) means if boak stays fit all next year and we make top 4 boak plays 400. Also he could play another season after as depth incase of injuries and could be played against a north or west coast just to get 400 incase of daddy donuts disease.

Of course this is assuming boak stays fit and gets another contract extension for a year (or two), and he stays injury free (stays away from jeremy mcgoven, and port make finals at least once in this year and next. Also this is assuming boak stays best 23 throughout this time.

400 definitely possible but an injury free run and some luck is needed.
I don't know exactly how or when Travis will retire but I'm pretty sure he won't bring up 400, 5 games into a season then retire with a bogus excuse leaving us one list space short.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back