beatnik

Grizzled veteran
Jun 27, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
mavs, swan districts
Given how often, and how brazenly, Bairstow left his crease, is it possible that he was implementing an English team strategy to turn a bad loss into this farcical ‘moral victory’ malarkey?

My thinking is that maybe the Poms didn’t want to face the Fleet St outcry at being down 2-nil after all the hype so they sought to give the bloodthirsty grubs in English media a bigger story to bang in about…hence Bairstow leaving the crease repeatedly

Obviously it’s a speculative theory but it’s not beyond this 3rd rate bunch of ‘Bazball’ conmen and worth some consideration

Given how often, and how brazenly, Bairstow left his crease, is it possible that he was implementing an English team strategy to turn a bad loss into this farcical ‘moral victory’ malarkey?

My thinking is that maybe the Poms didn’t want to face the Fleet St outcry at being down 2-nil after all the hype so they sought to give the bloodthirsty grubs in English media a bigger story to bang in about…hence Bairstow leaving the crease repeatedly

Obviously it’s a speculative theory but it’s not beyond this 3rd rate bunch of ‘Bazball’ conmen and worth some consideration
comedy central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

I appreciate that they don’t come much duller than Bairstow so it’s more likely due to stupidity but it was bizarre and prolonged behaviour…never seen anything like it

That's a pretty long bow to draw when England were still a decent chance of winning the test with Bairstow and Stokes still out there batting together.

I'm sure Bairstow would rather have stayed out there to try and win the test rather than getting deliberately run out just to gain sympathy if they lost.

That's a pretty long bow to draw when England were still a decent chance of winning the test with Bairstow and Stokes still out there batting together.

I'm sure Bairstow would rather have stayed out there to try and win the test rather than getting deliberately run out just to gain sympathy if they lost.

Maybe…they seem closer in hindsight though because of Stokes’ innings…before that, it looked pretty hopeless

But I agree it’s a long bow…that’s why I labelled it a conspiracy: 99% tongue in cheek

"Decent" chance? They were nearly 200 runs behind lol.

"Decent" chance? They were nearly 200 runs behind lol.

Bairstow and Stokes have put on big partnerships before and score quickly, they weren't favourites to win but they would've still fancied their chances.

Bairstow and Stokes have put on big partnerships before and score quickly, they weren't favourites to win but they would've still fancied their chances.
Same as I fancy my chances when I go to a nightclub with 2 chicks and 180 guys in the place 😉

Maybe…they seem closer in hindsight though because of Stokes’ innings…before that, it looked pretty hopeless

But I agree it’s a long bow…that’s why I labelled it a conspiracy: 99% tongue in cheek
Nah bro no conspiracy. Simple thing is Bairstow is a bit slow on the up take and wanders down the crease all the time.

Not even looking around to see if the keeper has the ball in his hand is just bad play and cost him...his wicket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back