Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that she still remembers who you are when this fiasco is all over..
WhatsApp video calls are getting a good run. 3 or 4 times a day. It will have to do for a while yet.

Within the next 14 days, Florida will overtake New York with the number of cases and Texas won’t be far behind either.
What about the number of deaths? Number of cases is not really informative if it's mostly young people getting it and shrugging it off.

What about the number of deaths? Number of cases is not really informative if it's mostly young people getting it and shrugging it off.

Well given New York was the city with a higher population density and took the initial onslaught from Europe and the weather was colder than it is now and then we have the more important issue which needs more focus.

We don’t know the long term effects of this disease - unlike the flu this impacts the respiratory, cardio and neurological parts of the body and it’s effects won’t be seen for 20+ years.

You may well be young and think this will have no impact today but your quality of life and health care you may need in 20 years may change your mind. The young might shrug it off, which is hardly surprising with their “all about me” attitude, but their may be a higher price to pay.

I think it's hilarious that some people here think there is a such a cultural difference between the states that if the virus reappeared in other cities in the way it has in Melbourne that the populations would behave massively differently
I guess we’ll never know but the premier certainly showed what a lot of people probably suspected, that they think they are the center of the universe and better than everyone else with his comments a month ago.

I guess we’ll never know but the premier certainly showed what a lot of people probably suspected, that they think they are the center of the universe and better than everyone else with his comments a month ago.
This is it.

I can’t imagine any other state that would generate such a low care factor.

Two protesters who attended the Black Lives Matter rally have had their COVID-19 cases linked to the outbreak in Melbourne’s public housing towers.
Health authorities have confirmed the link without saying if the protesters lived, visited or were close contacts of those in the towers, The Australian reports.

Again, actually read the article and not just the headline.

I wouldn’t have attended the rally if it was me personally but given the lack of cases that come from it around Australia and given the health protocols etc (masks and sanitiser) it was fair but hey reckon the right wing shock jocks will be up in arms over this.

Again, actually read the article and not just the headline.

I wouldn’t have attended the rally if it was me personally but given the lack of cases that come from it around Australia and given the health protocols etc (masks and sanitiser) it was fair but hey reckon the right wing shock jocks will be up in arms over this.
At this point you need to be quite naive to believe the official line that magically none of the BLM infected either caught it there or were infectious there. They were sprinkled with fairy dust or something.

It's like the official line that 'masks are useless' back when they needed to hoard masks.

'BLM was harmless because we allowed it'. And whenever the media pushes them further on it 'that's all I'll say about individual cases due to privacy' 😅

For the record I don’t think having a rally of 5000 people at the time was great but knowing what we know now are the same people trying to blame a rally going to take the same stance with 27k at AO on Monday night?
Or is it a case of “footy maaate”

For the record I don’t think having a rally of 5000 people at the time was great but knowing what we know now are the same people trying to blame a rally going to take the same stance with 27k at AO on Monday night?
Or is it a case of “footy maaate”

Ladt time I checked Adelaide Oval was in SA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is it.

I can’t imagine any other state that would generate such a low care factor.
2 new bloody cases reported in Ballarat today, been clear for weeks and weeks in this neck of the woods...what a balls up.

How's that relevant? We've no community transmission and from memory our premier actively allowed the rally.
The relevance is that we’ve seen how easily this virus will spread and get out of control, IIRC, at the time of the protest SA had the highest testing rate in the country, now we have one of the lowest.
We’ve seen what happens when you take your eye off the ball and take the virus for granted, this is what’s happening in the eastern states at the moment and I can see similar happening here.
If people are going to use a rally of 5000 as a threat of spreading the virus then I can only see a crowd of 27k inside a stadium as a bigger concern of spread.
As I said, our current testing is one of the lowest in the country so I’d suggest we have little idea of positive cases out there and we’re all pretty complacent at the moment.

The relevance is that we’ve seen how easily this virus will spread and get out of control, IIRC, at the time of the protest SA had the highest testing rate in the country, now we have one of the lowest.
We’ve seen what happens when you take your eye off the ball and take the virus for granted, this is what’s happening in the eastern states at the moment and I can see similar happening here.
If people are going to use a rally of 5000 as a threat of spreading the virus then I can only see a crowd of 27k inside a stadium as a bigger concern of spread.
As I said, our current testing is one of the lowest in the country so I’d suggest we have little idea of positive cases out there and we’re all pretty complacent at the moment.

There issues are borne from failures with covid infected international arrivals spreading the virus through the community. We have no such issues. Our testing is low because we've got low amounts of people getting sick and needing testing. This isn't a Trump styled less testing = less positives, there's less testing because there's not a lot of sickness out there. General flu cases lower courtesy of covid controls as well. What is it that you think is happening? You're not one of those people that steadfastly believe the community abounds with asymptomatic cases and by some miracle, none of them are getting sick.

There issues are borne from failures with covid infected international arrivals spreading the virus through the community. We have no such issues. Our testing is low because we've got low amounts of people getting sick and needing testing. This isn't a Trump styled less testing = less positives, there's less testing because there's not a lot of sickness out there. General flu cases lower courtesy of covid controls as well. What is it that you think is happening? You're not one of those people that steadfastly believe the community abounds with asymptomatic cases and by some miracle, none of them are getting sick.
The issues in Victoria are due to it not being eradicated in the first place and it still being active in the community. Throw in international arrivals, poor handling of quarantine protocol, poor adherences of social distancing, hand sanitisation and a general complacency amongst the general public and you have a time bomb.....and here we are.

Our testing in SA is low as people just aren’t getting tested, the government is wanting more testing to be done but for whatever reason people are choosing not to. I think it’s a reach for you to say that people just aren’t sick, you’re guessing on that, as always it’s never one reason, it’s many, and I suggest one of them and possibly one of the biggest reasons is complacency.
By all means link the data that suggests there’s “not a lot of sickness out there” but I know for a fact that the government is very concerned of what’s happening in Vic and NSW so don’t be surprised if there’s a lessening of crowd numbers for the game. It’s the prudent thing to do at this point in time.
I’m not one that “steadfastly believes the community abounds with asymptomatic cases”, you’re being very black or white on this topic, the truth is rarely that and there’s always many factors that come together for something to happen, good or bad.
If you wanted to put one piece of the puzzle in place up for an outbreak in SA then a 27k crowd at the football at this point in time is a good starting point and it’s not just AO itself, it’s all the bars, pubs and restaurants being frequented before and after the game and all of those people mixing together in a captive crowd, let’s not forget the public transport to and from the game.

Erring on the side of caution is a no brainer.

The issues in Victoria are due to it not being eradicated in the first place and it still being active in the community. Throw in international arrivals, poor handling of quarantine protocol, poor adherences of social distancing, hand sanitisation and a general complacency amongst the general public and you have a time bomb.....and here we are.

Our testing in SA is low as people just aren’t getting tested, the government is wanting more testing to be done but for whatever reason people are choosing not to. I think it’s a reach for you to say that people just aren’t sick, you’re guessing on that, as always it’s never one reason, it’s many, and I suggest one of them and possibly one of the biggest reasons is complacency.
By all means link the data that suggests there’s “not a lot of sickness out there” but I know for a fact that the government is very concerned of what’s happening in Vic and NSW so don’t be surprised if there’s a lessening of crowd numbers for the game. It’s the prudent thing to do at this point in time.
I’m not one that “steadfastly believes the community abounds with asymptomatic cases”, you’re being very black or white on this topic, the truth is rarely that and there’s always many factors that come together for something to happen, good or bad.
If you wanted to put one piece of the puzzle in place up for an outbreak in SA then a 27k crowd at the football at this point in time is a good starting point and it’s not just AO itself, it’s all the bars, pubs and restaurants being frequented before and after the game and all of those people mixing together in a captive crowd, let’s not forget the public transport to and from the game.

Erring on the side of caution is a no brainer.
Pubs, bars and restaurants have already been full since the start of this month, all are far more at risk activities than being outside at the footy. We have not had a case of community transmission for a very long time now (3 months) and our borders have never been open with Vic or NSW (unless they quarantine for 2 weeks). Unless you think all these super spreaders have managed to get into SA without detection then there is next to no chance of undetected cases out there.

The problem is Australians can be inherently selfish, some more so than others eg all the Metro Vic's fleeing to regional Vic or across the border.

Australians are good at getting around people that have suffered but will do anything to not be the one suffering.
Really think you are spot on with this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back