Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
She's indigenous.
It doesn't matter. Why not complain about all protests? Why are they singling this one out.

Also I've seen lots of social media of people being uncomfortably selective of which lives matter. Eg: only straight black lives. But that's a whole different can of worms.

Note: the sinister wasn't for the race angle, but nice of you to jump to it.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It doesn't matter. Why not complain about all protests? Why are they singling this one out.

Also I've seen lots of social media of people being uncomfortably selective of which lives matter. Eg: only straight black lives. But that's a whole different can of worms.
She wants younger people who attended to isolate themselves from their elders in the indigenous community in particular I would say as they would be very vulnerable, you don't need to look for outrage everywhere man.. jeezus.

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
She wants younger people who attended to isolate themselves from their elders in the indigenous community in particular I would say as they would be very vulnerable, you don't need to look for outrage everywhere man.. jeezus.
Considering most followed the protocols of wearing PPE and on top of that can choose to get tested voluntarily - Which isn't pleasant but if you are in close contact with old people regularly isn't a bad idea to do anyway - and probably done by every one every once in a while, which is my plan.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Did she post the same thing about all the satellite protests of 5G or all the other protests that occurred during the pandemic? Or is there something a little more sinister about her post in context of this specific kind of protest.

Does she not realise that no one on public transport is able to socially distance? Or when you go to a place like a supermarket? Should all of them spend 14 days isolating?

I am sure she does realise it but not being an idiot she chooses not to cloud her message by raising it as an issue. What happens on public transport should not dilute the validity of her message.

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I am sure she does realise it but not being an idiot she chooses not to cloud her message by raising it as an issue. What happens on public transport should not dilute the validity of her message.
It absolutely should considering our experts say we shouldn't be taking it.

"SA's chief public health officer says people should avoid using public transport"

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did she post the same thing about all the satellite protests of 5G or all the other protests that occurred during the pandemic? Or is there something a little more sinister about her post in context of this specific kind of protest.

Does she not realise that no one on public transport is able to socially distance? Or when you go to a place like a supermarket? Should all of them spend 14 days isolating?
She is Indigenous and chose not to attend the rally due to covid19 risk.

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just admit it you thought she was white
Nope, pretty obvious, considering you read this when you click on her twitter.

1591500894138.png

But it's nice to know you care.

People complaining about the protests are more inclined to be concerned about both the health risk but also the economy, which is quite frankly the more insane arguments.

I've seen the dip and the return of the amount of population in the city. I wish it would go back to early April when the city was actually good.

There are far too many people in the city at all hours now for anyone to be concerning themselves with a bit of a protest.

A lot of it has to do with the grumpy shits who make a connection between protests and public sporting evens. Which there is none and attending one of the more important human rights movements of our time is more important than watching 36 homoerotic dudes cuddling

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
It absolutely should considering our experts say we shouldn't be taking it.

"SA's chief public health officer says people should avoid using public transport"

Our experts have not said we should avoid taking public transport. This is what has been said,

Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier only hours earlier said public transport was a “major concern”. She said, 'it would be wiser for passengers to wait for the next service to ensure social distancing, if carriages looked full'. That doesn't mean avoid catching a train it means use some discretion if you have to take the train.

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Our experts have not said we should avoid taking public transport. This is what has been said,

Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier only hours earlier said public transport was a “major concern”. She said, 'it would be wiser for passengers to wait for the next service to ensure social distancing, if carriages looked full'. That doesn't mean avoid catching a train it means use some discretion if you have to take the train.
What happens if we have no choice.

As plenty felt about yesterday.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nope, pretty obvious, considering you read this when you click on her twitter.

View attachment 888023

But it's nice to know you care.

People complaining about the protests are more inclined to be concerned about both the health risk but also the economy, which is quite frankly the more insane arguments.

I've seen the dip and the return of the amount of population in the city. I wish it would go back to early April when the city was actually good.

There are far too many people in the city at all hours now for anyone to be concerning themselves with a bit of a protest.

A lot of it has to do with the grumpy shits who make a connection between protests and public sporting evens. Which there is none and attending one of the more important human rights movements of our time is more important than watching 36 homoerotic dudes cuddling
What was an indigenous woman's 'sinister' motive in that comment?

Nice to know it prompted you to look up her details lol

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What was an indigenous woman's 'sinister' motive in that comment?

Nice to know it prompted you to look up her details lol
You click on her twitter to read comments, it's what I do.

The sinister motive was wanting football to return with crowds (which shouldn't occur until the virus is eliminated) and the economy to return as quickly as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You really really don’t get it.. the rally was happening EITHER way. The police were in a difficult situation. They decided to try to control it. Look what happened in USA when the gov got heavy handed. I am as pissed off as you with the timing. These people took little consideration for all the sacrifices we have made to try to quash the virus. This could have a terrible effect and undo everything but the police had NO CHOICE. Unless you wanted the army brought in? And unless you wanted the situation to ESCALATE. We are all angry but sometimes you just have to grow up.

* me I do get it. The point is the rest of decided not to be childish and do whatever we wanted because we were doing it for the greater good and the minority who tried something were disbanded and fined nation wide. If we only knew all we had to demand was that they open up Adelaide Oval for fans because they are going anyway or my weddings on for 250 guests and declined or not they are coming anyway etc.

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Capital Power new case in ACT. Returned overseas traveller.

Sorry, that's you out of our travel bubble now :p
Apparently that doesn't count against us, it's down as "overseas acquired". Hopefully it wasn't the usual case of him or her catching buses etc before going into quarantine. Let's hope too he or she wasn't spreading it to 10,000 of their closest mates yesterday.

Apparently that doesn't count against us, it's down as "overseas acquired". Hopefully it wasn't the usual case of him or her catching buses etc before going into quarantine. Let's hope too he or she wasn't spreading it to 10,000 of their closest mates yesterday.

Why did our last two count against us then? Both from UK.

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’d like to quarantine for 14 days after going to Ikea(shudders) last weekend.

I had to get something that I couldn’t find anywhere else and I tried. but it was choc full of nutters all clambering to get their $1 meatballs or devastatingly awful furniture. I have never been so excited to make it out into a cold rainy car park before.

I want to self isolate but my boss won’t let me.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I’d like to quarantine for 14 days after going to Ikea(shudders) last weekend.

I had to get something that I couldn’t find anywhere else and I tried. but it was choc full of nutters all clambering to get their $1 meatballs or devastatingly awful furniture. I have never been so excited to make it out into a cold rainy car park before.

I want to self isolate but my boss won’t let me.

any boss who won't let his employees self isolate is a bum. - R. B. Hawke

Well it went something like that. ;)

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why did our last two count against us then? Both from UK.
I don't know how all this jiggery-pokery works. It's included in the latest tally on the govt website but the original news article said it wouldn't be. Anyway they think they've identified all close contacts and they are isolating too. So I'd still like to apply for leave pass to visit SA 😋.

Male in his 40s incoming from France. Why on earth didn't people come back when they were originally told to?

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Greens and various ALP figures enthusiastically supporting yesterday's protests. I try to avoid politics as a subject but sheesh that's irresponsible. The official ACT Government (baked on Labor) advice is still "avoid gatherings of more than 10 people".

quarantine is basically over already, at least inside states.

pretty sure i said a few weeks ago this'd end unofficially before the govt made a call. this is that.

international and air sections of aus might hold on longer but thats because authorities can control those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back