Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
parallel universe
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So all you have to do is infer if you don't get your way you will get violent then cool, if we can't go to the footy etc let's just let it known there will be a showdown with police then and we will all be back at the footy right?
People were going to "take to the streets" with or without the exemption. By working with organisers the police had some control.
If people want to go to the showdown, without getting an exemption, the only control needed is to not open the gates to the oval.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sure, but most of us were (rightly) saying GAGF NSW (and Victoria) about open borders, until you sort your s**t out. That they now want to do the right thing hypocritically, doesn't change they want to do the right thing (for this point in time, protest away once we're sure it's all states have eliminated COVID-19).

Yesterday's figures are lot better than they look at first glance. The majority are returned travelers in quarantine. From memory it is something like 8 of the 11 are quarantine cases.

I reckon there is a case for making overseas travelers in quarantine a separate category. That way we get a better idea of how much infection is present in the community.

Overnight an Oxford University study has confirmed hydroxychloroquine has no beneficial effects in the treatment of COVID-19. A study of 11,000 COVID victims has shown 25% of patients treated with hydroxychloroquine died while 23% of patients not administered hydroxychloroquine died.

The WHO has restarted it's trial after a Lancet article claiming no benefit was retracted. If the WHO trial draws the same conclusion as the Oxford study the issue will surely be resolved.

That’s because hydroxychloroquine does nothing by itself. You need to take zinc as well.

“Records of about 900 Covid-19 patients were reviewed in the analysis, with roughly half given zinc sulfate along with hydroxychloroquine and the antibiotic azithromycin.

The other half only received hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin.

Those receiving the triple-drug combination had a 1.5 times greater likelihood of recovering enough to be discharged, and were 44 percent less likely to die, compared to the double-drug combination.”

50% improvement in recovery and 44% improvement in fatality?

Sounds good to me.

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
People were going to "take to the streets" with or without the exemption. By working with organisers the police had some control.
If people want to go to the showdown, without getting an exemption, the only control needed is to not open the gates to the oval.

So we have 30k people outside the gates then? It's no different. You change the rules for a large group and then you want to excuse it because of the fear of what they might do if treated like the rest of society then you can give us all the same exceptions.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sorry but it is a virus. Circumstances don't matter, if it's Ok for a rally it's ok to go to the football
Don’t you get it .... the rally would occur with or without permission.
Nothing was stopping this.
Did you see how Gladys tried to halt the one in NSW yet created a worse situation by crowds amassing all day in the CBD awaiting the outcome of the supreme court appeal?
So instead of a rally of a couple of hours it went all day.

And if you think it was wrong then two wrongs don’t make a right.

Leaveit2charlie

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just really hope our numbers don't start going back up. It was too early for large uncontrolled gatherings. People aren't willingly going to go back into lockdown.

You have to test the water sometime. I’m all for caution and again it’s community spread we are concerned about and with over 2 months without a community spread case in South Australia we should be pushing for normality to return. The borders are locked COVID-19 isn't going to materialise out of nowhere. We have to push the boundaries and see what happens.
The Rundle Mall along with Parabanks or TTP shopping centres would be as big a risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Don’t you get it .... the rally would occur with or without permission.
Nothing was stopping this.
Did you see how Gladys tried to halt the one in NSW yet created a worse situation by crowds amassing all day in the CBD awaiting the outcome of the supreme court appeal?
So instead of a rally of a couple of hours it went all day.

And if you think it was wrong then two wrongs don’t make a right.

Wtf U don't get it. Everyone else was fied or had been, everything else banned. If it were a rally to reopen sure as s**t you can put your house on it that it'd have been not allowed and forcefully disbanded if necessary. It's about consistency regardless of the threat of them showing or not. If we all rocked up at the footy gaye next week then refused to move on we would be fined for breaking the Covid rules.

As I said, go give your excuses to the people who have had a close relative die during this or a wedding booked a year in advance etc. What if they all had the same attitude oh well we are gonna show up anyway like * me this isn't hard to see why people are pissed.

Good backtracking by the gov on suggesting football crowds will maybe be ok, with one decision they instantly lost the entire states goodwill to bother with their rules.

Interesting I don't hear the same people who were in here bagging the us calm protests about reopening saying anything about these or the riots which have been many more people and much more virus spreading behaviour.

not going to happen but if, by some strange twist of events, it does them the draw should be for those who already have tickets. Fcuk the Crows

I wouldn't want to be within 1.5 metres of a Crows fan at the best of times, let alone now.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Well that is done and we can move on. The aboriginal activists have had their chance to show solidarity with the rest of the world and vent their anger. The rally will probably achieve no more than that. Nothing much is going to change it never does. Hopefully we do not have a spike in positive tests over the next two weeks.

If there is no spike then it helps prove that large crowds are possible and that sport may be able to resume with crowds. Unfortunately any confirmation will be too late for the coming Showdown.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wtf U don't get it. Everyone else was fied or had been, everything else banned. If it were a rally to reopen sure as s**t you can put your house on it that it'd have been not allowed and forcefully disbanded if necessary. It's about consistency regardless of the threat of them showing or not. If we all rocked up at the footy gaye next week then refused to move on we would be fined for breaking the Covid rules.

As I said, go give your excuses to the people who have had a close relative die during this or a wedding booked a year in advance etc. What if they all had the same attitude oh well we are gonna show up anyway like fu** me this isn't hard to see why people are pissed.

Good backtracking by the gov on suggesting football crowds will maybe be ok, with one decision they instantly lost the entire states goodwill to bother with their rules.

Interesting I don't hear the same people who were in here bagging the us calm protests about reopening saying anything about these or the riots which have been many more people and much more virus spreading behaviour.
You really really don’t get it.. the rally was happening EITHER way. The police were in a difficult situation. They decided to try to control it. Look what happened in USA when the gov got heavy handed. I am as pissed off as you with the timing. These people took little consideration for all the sacrifices we have made to try to quash the virus. This could have a terrible effect and undo everything but the police had NO CHOICE. Unless you wanted the army brought in? And unless you wanted the situation to ESCALATE. We are all angry but sometimes you just have to grow up.

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If the Crows think there’s a chance they’ll be able to attend the media tsunami will be hard to hold back

If it’s just Port fans the story will be killed

Might just have to accept that

I just want to go to the footy

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If only....

Did she post the same thing about all the satellite protests of 5G or all the other protests that occurred during the pandemic? Or is there something a little more sinister about her post in context of this specific kind of protest.

Does she not realise that no one on public transport is able to socially distance? Or when you go to a place like a supermarket? Should all of them spend 14 days isolating?

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did she post the same thing about all the satellite protests of 5G or all the other protests that occurred during the pandemic? Or is there something a little more sinister about her post in context of this specific kind of protest.

Does she not realise that no one on public transport is able to socially distance? Or when you go to a place like a supermarket? Should all of them spend 14 days isolating?
She's indigenous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back