Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see why not, from what I read plenty of workers with employer approval crossed over even during the hard border period. Anecdotally, a family friend of mine did so for non-essential work.

Just before I left WA to come back to Vic at the start of Nov, WA still had a hard border against Vic, pretty much no exceptions. My work told me that when I was ready to come back, give them a week or two notice and they'd get it sorted despite there pretty much being no-one from Vic allowed to travel into WA. The mining companies obviously have / had an agreement with the WA government to keep the mines ticking over.

Now that the border has just been slammed shut again, work has already sent us an email saying that fifo workers from Vic are not included in the list of exemptions. Looks like I'll be getting at least another 28 days at home, :thumbsu:

1609462437271.png

Never before have I seen so many people so happy to see the old year go. As I left work yesterday afternoon, people were euphoric. The clock striking midnight didn't solve our problems, but the symbolism is important. 2021, taken as a whole, is likely to be a better year than 2020 as a whole.

I get the feeling that 2021 won't be any better. At least with 2020 we got the first 3 months of the year in relative freedom.

Can't fault McGowan and our health minister Roger Cook, they have been on the ball in terms of locking our border and enforcing quarantines.

People in the Eastern States can b*tch about them all they like but they have kept WA people safe and allowed us to live a relatively normal lifestyle.

They lock the borders because they've got nothing else. They have kept the mines safe, not you, you're just collateral.

Has he given a date on moving to stage 5 yet? I know they were going to 'review' it on the 24 October but that seemed to have gone out the window when the AFL didn't give him the gf.

Everything is just lining up for McGowan's re-election. The election is 13 March, 2021. Jobkeeper payments cease at the end of March and jobseeker return to normal or drop back more at the end of March. The first footy home game, West Coast, isn't scheduled until 21 March, the week after, so locals won't be too concerned about being restricted to 50% capacity of Optus.

It's the perfect storm for him. He'll get re-elected in an absolute landslide and then all the s**t will start hitting the fan shortly afterwards.

I get the feeling that 2021 won't be any better. At least with 2020 we got the first 3 months of the year in relative freedom.
I'm in this camp. Reckon this in and out lockdown, spikes in cases, work from home and general uncertainty will be around for most of 2021. In some respects it will likely be more frustrating than 2020

I was out in the city a few hours ago and it's pretty much dead.

Phillip Island was filled to the gills. It's been loading up for weeks, the past few days have been massive traffic backlog trying to get on. I have never seen this many people down here, not even when the MotoGP is on.

Luckily it was pretty quiet last night, I thought it might have really ratcheted up a notch with the possibility of one last hoorah before going into lockdown again.

Dr Chant said NSW Health has just been alerted this morning that two Victorians with COVID-19 visited two venues on the NSW South Coast.
She said the two people travelled from Victoria on Wednesday, December 30.
They dined at the Great Southern Hotel in Eden from 5pm - 6.30pm.
They also visited Bermi's Beachside Cafe in Bermagui last night from 9am - 10am.
Dr Chant thanked the Victorian travellers for co-operating and getting tested.

Booked Flights and Accom out of Melbourne to Launceston for next Wednesday.

Everything recoverable on the $ side but again it’s the potential disappointment of missing out on something we were looking forward to for weeks.

So just sitting waiting to see what the Tasmanian Govt does...

Don't take this the wrong way, but with what's gone on and what is going on, anyone who books interstate holidays in about the next 6 months (subject to constant readjustments) has rocks in their head. I booked flights to fly back to work in WA for the 12 Jan. I now have 4 flights in credit, I might end up quitting before I use any of them.

Don't take this the wrong way, but with what's gone on and what is going on, anyone who books interstate holidays in about the next 6 months (subject to constant readjustments) has rocks in their head. I booked flights to fly back to work in WA for the 12 Jan. I now have 4 flights in credit, I might end up quitting before I use any of them.

Thats why you build in the capacity for refunds/credits.

Nothing worse than sitting around looking out your front door

But people still think Dan is the man 😂😂😂 give me a ******* break

We need a hardass here like Mcgowan

No we don't. He only has one plan, close the border. The level of preparedness in Wa in case of an outbreak is next to zero. Their hospitals can't cope now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WA just announced that Victoria is now a medium risk State. Same as NSW.

Effective from 12:01am tonight, exempt travellers only allowed in from Victoria.
Compassionate case by case basis (dealt with by WA Police) WA returnee exceptions accompanied by 14 day quarantine.

Anyone who has arrived from Victoria on or after 21 December 2020 will need to
1. Self quarantine immediately for 14 days
2. Get a Day 11 after arrival COVID-19 test

People in WA who have arrived in Victoria since 21 December 2020, can't go out for NYE in WA tonight.

WA Government will be contacting all known since 21 December 2020 arrivals from Victoria.
All 16,000 of them.

I doubt that very much.

So I had to April 6 2021 to use my credit for an aborted Sydney v Roos game.

Where would you suggest Virgin might fly in Victoria?

Hmmm, maybe Tullamarine to Avalon?

I was talking more about not booking to fly interstate in the first place.

Dr Chant said NSW Health has just been alerted this morning that two Victorians with COVID-19 visited two venues on the NSW South Coast.
She said the two people travelled from Victoria on Wednesday, December 30.
They dined at the Great Southern Hotel in Eden from 5pm - 6.30pm.
They also visited Bermi's Beachside Cafe in Bermagui last night from 9am - 10am.
Dr Chant thanked the Victorian travellers for co-operating and getting tested.
Scott Morrison has talked about Australia’s COVID vaccine options as NSW Health has said two Victorians have brought COVID-19 to NSW.

Where did they get it from if there was no cases until it broke out from NSWs gold standard quarantine ?

He is a slimy piece of opportunistic s**t

I was talking more about not booking to fly interstate in the first place.
Well again, the backstory was that the Sydney v Roos game was booked and paid for in February.
Would you rather have just had me burn my $500 credit? Like we start BBQs here with $50 notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back