Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they are stupid campaigners at the best of times
Yeah but the point is that they were refused testing because of the strict criteria needed to get tested, meaning that even if a person thought they've been infected it's too difficult to get tested to confirm that they have it and to get treatment.
Imagine if it was an older person and they gave up being tested after being knocked back, and ended up passing away without any treatment being offered.
Alex Lewis, 24, and her boyfriend Ed were knocked back after presenting to their local GP as they didn’t fit the criteria.
Neither had recently travelled overseas or knowingly been in contact with a confirmed case.
“We both were having similar symptoms and we were both turned away as we had not been in contact with anyone with coronavirus,” Lewis told ABC’s 7.30.

NicNat just pleased to play , little concerned about the travel aspect but keeping going , keeping people's jobs sounds like the least that footy can do right now .
Reckon this season isn't about winning but just getting through hopefully somehow ...seems impossible but somehow get through would be something .

Anyone else in a $ tipping comp?

Prize money remaining in my work comp gunna be massive when the season is cut short.
I'm trying to administer our office comp and it's a bloody nightmare. I've been expecting to announce its cancellation this week but now have to launch it then deal with the inevitable fallout when the AFL season goes **** up.

I realise this did start in China and their wet markets are an ideal breeding ground for viruses like this but this ******* buffoon deliberately calling it the Chinese Virus is the act of a 15 year old troll

Yeah but the point is that they were refused testing because of the strict criteria needed to get tested, meaning that even if a person thought they've been infected it's too difficult to get tested to confirm that they have it and to get treatment.
Imagine if it was an older person and they gave up being tested after being knocked back, and ended up passing away without any treatment being offered.

Some need priority & get it I'm told.

It is childish, no matter how you cut it.

I don't know maybe calling China out on their bullshit might help. Its amazing how the country directly responsible for it does not have to explain anything at all.

Might have a bit more impact then patting them on the back for releasing ANOTHER global pandemic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not the ******* point at all.

The tests are a limited resource and they didn't fit the criteria to access one. After their friend/contact tested positive they would have qualified.

To go to work with a bad flu in a flu pandemic is exactly the selfish DH behaviour that circumvents the public health strategy. If you have flu symptoms stay the * off the streets. It's not that difficult to grasp is it?

I realise this did start in China and their wet markets are an ideal breeding ground for viruses like this but this ******* buffoon deliberately calling it the Chinese Virus is the act of a 15 year old troll

Putting the blame squarely where it belongs. Good on him. Have you seen what the Chinese were doing at the height of the Wuhan scare? Chinese deliberately spitting on each to spread the virus etc. Absolutely disgusting behaviour, and beneath the lowest of the low. Videos from CCTV show what was going down. Goggle it, and see for yourself.
Afterwards, you might wonder why Trump didn't go harder.

I'm a teacher too and I feel like cannon fodder. Seeing a picture of what parliament house looks like with their social distancing measures (room is only 1/3 full all separated by 1.5 metres) and then walking into my class this morning with 30 kids left me reeling.

Picture an ED 24/7 with 30% less manning due to being at home with the kids, forget the separation.

Putting the blame squarely where it belongs. Good on him. Have you seen what the Chinese were doing at the height of the Wuhan scare? Chinese deliberately spitting on each to spread the virus etc. Absolutely disgusting behaviour, and beneath the lowest of the low. Videos from CCTV show what was going down. Goggle it, and see for yourself.
Afterwards, you might wonder why Trump didn't go harder.

Why is Trump in a footy thread?

Picture an ED 24/7 with 30% less manning due to being at home with the kids, forget the separation.
30% less medical staff when we have less confirmed cases is the best time to shut the schools down. Much less pressure on the remaining staff members to assist those in need.

I'm a teacher too and I feel like cannon fodder. Seeing a picture of what parliament house looks like with their social distancing measures (room is only 1/3 full all separated by 1.5 metres) and then walking into my class this morning with 30 kids left me reeling.

You might consider the health sector are chasing ED nurses after 10 o'clock at night, be proactive, you clearly can help yourself, the kids & the rest of us.

30% less medical staff when we have less confirmed cases is the best time to shut the schools down. Much less pressure on the remaining staff members to assist those in need.

The staff will be home looking after the kids, thats now !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back