COVID chaos! WA border threatens entire AFL fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardly the point. The WA government has the right to decide the amount of risk for WA to carry.
And it is far better to be too cautious, which right now they probably are, than err in the opposite direction.
Australia (and WA) had more car crash related deaths in 2020 than COVID related deaths. Maybe Mark McGowan should ban motor transport in WA for public safety reasons, far better to be too cautious.

Not a gift leading into the finals like 2019 Richmond was. Also 2020 was a Covid affected fixture unlike 2019
Under strenuous circumstances, losers will always find an excuse.

Champions on the other hand find a way to win irrespective, or if they cant, have the digity and self respect to cop it on the chin and move on.

Guess which catagory your team falls under?

No one, and I mean no one takes any notice of the Worst. It is lambasted from pillar to post over their “pre school” type of journalism.

The Worst is tabloid journalism at it’s worst, does not relate well to the average person in the streets views.

Who is no-one? You and your little group of mates?

Maybe you should tell this to Kerry Stokes, he's obviously wasting his money over there.

The rise in weekday readers has seen The West hit a major milestone — recording the highest “market reach” of any major masthead in the country with, on average, one-in-five people in this State reading a copy of the newspaper every day.

The figures are even better for cross-platform market reach.

A massive 84 per cent of people in WA read The West Australian newspaper, its website, PerthNow or The Sunday Times in an average month.

The numbers again make West Australian Newspapers the nation’s leader.

Serious question here.

WA has been very cautious, “closing” it’s doors to different states during the last 12 months. The economy is going pretty well, with overseas tourism down, but the local tourists boosting the tourist hot spots ( money not exiting to Bali & Thailand ). So things are going well, everyone feels healthy with a positive outlook.

In comparison, how do Victorians feel at the moment ?. How’s their economy, mental health and outlook for the future ?.

Cautious versus lockdown.

Also, please read the article quoted at the start of this thread. It actually says everything is falling into place for the season to start as normal.
Ignorant and niaive view from an outsider who very obviously has no idea what the lockdowns were like.

Unlike your sheltered mob who seemingly are yet to lose their innocence in the real world, Victorians are resilient and dont live in fear.

Thats irrespective of what you hope happens.

Last edited:

Maybe you should tell this to Kerry Stokes, he's obviously wasting his money over there.

The rise in weekday readers has seen The West hit a major milestone — recording the highest “market reach” of any major masthead in the country with, on average, one-in-five people in this State reading a copy of the newspaper every day.

A massive 84 per cent of people in WA read The West Australian newspaper, its website, PerthNow or The Sunday Times in an average month.

The West Australian publishes an article saying the West Australian is the best.
Well, say no more. 😀

Under strenuous circumstances, losers will always find an excuse.

Champions on the other hand find a way to win irrespective, or if they cant, have the digity and self respect to cop it on the chin and move on.

Guess which catagory your team falls under?
What category to Richmond fans fall under for constant deflection of the 2019 gift of 7 mcg games in a row leading into the finals

Serious question here.

WA has been very cautious, “closing” it’s doors to different states during the last 12 months. The economy is going pretty well, with overseas tourism down, but the local tourists boosting the tourist hot spots ( money not exiting to Bali & Thailand ). So things are going well, everyone feels healthy with a positive outlook.

In comparison, how do Victorians feel at the moment ?. How’s their economy, mental health and outlook for the future ?.

Cautious versus lockdown.

Also, please read the article quoted at the start of this thread. It actually says everything is falling into place for the season to start as normal.

The WA tourism industry is absolutely cactus. Don't be fooled by a bit of JobKeeper or double JobSeeker money papering over the cracks.

I'm in Vic, not metro, life's good. We've had great weather these past 4 months that I've been home from WA. Pool in the backyard or a 500m walk to the beach. I've got to wear a mask to the supermarket, that's about the only imposition I've faced. Cafe for lunch today, people everywhere and then walked down to the local market for a look before walking home.

I'm back to WA on Monday week for a couple of weeks of quarantine before heading up to work again for 13 weeks.

Since COVID first reared it's head last year, WA has been the only state restricting anything that I've wanted to do.

What category to Richmond fans fall under for constant deflection of the 2019 gift of 7 mcg games in a row leading into the finals
Thats your excuse.

We play anywhere anytime. 2020 proved that the result was the same as 2019.

And here we are b2b premiers and shooting for 4 in 5 years. Something your club can only dream of.

Leaving aside it's an article praising the West published on the West...

One in five is not impressive numbers for the only daily newspaper. The 4.5% 'surge' is due to heavy cross promotion across Channel 7 from an already low base. Overall readership of the West has gone down about 40% since 2005.

The West has seen a continued decline in the past decade of their print edition but at least in the online sector it's steady.

Readers of the West a
The West Australian publishes an article saying the West Australian is the best.
Well, say no more. 😀

The numbers aren't wrong though.

In Australia, right now, readers of The West are the most rusted on readers in the country by percentage of population.

Attachments

• 1614478000796.png
    1614478000796.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 25
Leaving aside it's an article praising the West published on the West...

One in five is not impressive numbers for the only daily newspaper. The 4.5% 'surge' is due to heavy cross promotion across Channel 7 from an already low base. Overall readership of the West has gone down about 40% since 2005.

The West has seen a continued decline in the past decade of their print edition but at least in the online sector it's steady.

It's been declining for all of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The WA tourism industry is absolutely cactus. Don't be fooled by a bit of JobKeeper or double JobSeeker money papering over the cracks.

I'm in Vic, not metro, life's good. We've had great weather these past 4 months that I've been home from WA. Pool in the backyard or a 500m walk to the beach. I've got to wear a mask to the supermarket, that's about the only imposition I've faced. Cafe for lunch today, people everywhere and then walked down to the local market for a look before walking home.

I'm back to WA on Monday week for a couple of weeks of quarantine before heading up to work again for 13 weeks.

Since COVID first reared it's head last year, WA has been the only state restricting anything that I've wanted to do.

The tourism sector is going pretty well here all things considering - good luck finding regional accommodation during this long weekend. Sure, we don't spend as much as Chinese tourists but there is no solution to that.

What you posted in the second paragraph is exactly what WA has been for the past year (with the masks being required for a grand total of 14 days in that time). The vast majority of West Australians are grateful for the past year and it will be reflected in two weeks' time at the polling booth - but I guess you know better.

The West is a joke

Joke or not (I personally think it's a piece of s**t), at least half the state probably reads it.

You buy one copy in the household and there may be 2, 3, 4 or more people in that household who read it. When we fly to site from Perth there's a fresh copy of The West on each seat, that plane will do 2 or more return trips per day to site with probably 200+ seats on the plane.

Per a percentage of population, the sales are as high as anywhere, the actual readership is much higher.

The tourism sector is going pretty well here all things considering - good luck finding regional accommodation during this long weekend. Sure, we don't spend as much as Chinese tourists but there is no solution to that.

What you posted in the second paragraph is exactly what WA has been for the past year (with the masks being required for a grand total of 14 days in that time). The vast majority of West Australians are grateful for the past year and it will be reflected in two weeks' time at the polling booth - but I guess you know better.

Yeah, yeah, we've had this discussion before, no matter what you say, the tourism sector in WA is cooked. I don't know better than the Tourism WA.

I know what WA has been for the past year, I was there for at least 8 months of it and I'll be back there again in 8 days.

I've already acknowledge that McGowan will gut whatever is left of the state Liberal party, so what? It still won't mean you can come out from hiding under your bed, waiting for the COVID boogie man to come and get you.

Yeah, yeah, we've had this discussion before, no matter what you say, the tourism sector in WA is cooked. I don't know better than the Tourism WA.

I know what WA has been for the past year, I was there for at least 8 months of it and I'll be back there again in 8 days.

I've already acknowledge that McGowan will gut whatever is left of the state Liberal party, so what? It still won't mean you can come out from hiding under your bed, waiting for the COVID boogie man to come and get you.

Last I checked, it wasn't a WA Premier that asked for more assistance to their tourism sector dealing with hard borders.

Just seems to me you post thinking you know better than the WA BigFooty plebs, and mourn that the rest in WA are sheep with Stockholm syndrome (or whatever label the McClown/Marky Mark/Comrade Mark supporters get labelled with nowadays). That's my two cents.

Peace out HHH. :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Last I checked, it wasn't a WA Premier that asked for more assistance to their tourism sector dealing with hard borders.

Just seems to me you post thinking you know better than the WA BigFooty plebs, and mourn that the rest in WA are sheep with Stockholm syndrome (or whatever label the McClown/Marky Mark/Comrade Mark supporters get labelled with nowadays). That's my two cents.

Peace out HHH. :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

McGowan was probably close to the first to put his hand out to the Federal Government for assistance for the tourism industry in WA. Do I really need to post up the dozens of news articles about how tough they're doing it or should I just post up a McGowan press release for you?

I have never once posted the word sheep or Stockholm syndrome, you're quite welcome to post it up if I have.

To use the words of that great West Australian, Ozzy Bloke, half of you are s**t campaigners.

McGowan was probably close to the first to put his hand out to the Federal Government for assistance for the tourism industry in WA. Do I really need to post up the dozens of news articles about how tough they're doing it or should I just post up a McGowan press release for you?

I have never once posted the word sheep or Stockholm syndrome, you're quite welcome to post it up if I have.

To use the words of that great West Australian, Ozzy Bloke, half of you are sh*t campaigners.

There are loads of articles about the struggles of the WA tourism industry - I don't disagree with that - I just disagree with the call that it's cooked or cactus (both are your words). Every tourism sector in every state in Australia is doing it tough - why are you singling out WA?

Not saying you used those particular words but do you deny your sentiment in posting is that WA's response is borked, McGowan is an incompetent dictator, and he keeps his CMO in a basement with a gimp mask on? And that the residents are falling for it?

And yes, I have been a McGowan fanboi the past year. Happy to acknowledge that too, hope you can acknowledge your grievances too.

Such a total gift that nobody noticed it or thought it was a problem until after the flag.
We copped the same complaints in 2010. Never mind that over a 26 game season we played the three next best sides 10 times.

Interstate sooking about neutral matches played between two Victorian sides is hysterical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back