Resource COVID19 V - The Info Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

4300 new cases
103 in hospital (up 11 from yesterday)
5 in ICU (all new...the 3 from yesterday have apparently recovered).

This is the point in the SA outbreak (daily case wise) where they started having deaths reported every day. They had 164 hospitalized, 16 ICU and 2 on ventilators at this point. Also at this point their peak cases were in two days time (as ours is predicted to be).

4300 new cases
103 in hospital (up 11 from yesterday)
5 in ICU (all new...the 3 from yesterday have apparently recovered).

This is the point in the SA outbreak (daily case wise) where they started having deaths reported every day. They had 164 hospitalized, 16 ICU and 2 on ventilators at this point. Also at this point their peak cases were in two days time (as ours is predicted to be).

Considering the population differential, this is still relatively good news.

There are also no reports of mass crippling of supply chains (as of yet) - the greatest disruption has probably been the storm, and not COVID (fingers crossed). We may have come out of this one well...

I'm glad we didn't open up at 80% double vaxxed, avoided OG Wuhan strain AND Delta, and Omicron didn't gain a real toehold in the state until we'd hit about 60% boosted. And I'm glad said toehold occurred because of horny old weirdos cos that's ******* hilarious.

Up the ******* Coasters etc.
So am I, gave me time to get my booster and now I've just caught it off my son. A bit of a head cold, sneezing a bit. Has anyone else got it and how are you traveling?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone else got it and how are you traveling?

Not yet, which honestly surprises me because of how much public transport I catch. And my wife's a teacher, so the Burnside household has pretty short odds of catching it sooner rather than later. Our son is too young to be vaccinated so even though he should be OK, it's still stressful :(

Glad you have a mild case.

So am I, gave me time to get my booster and now I've just caught it off my son. A bit of a head cold, sneezing a bit. Has anyone else got it and how are you traveling?
I tested +ve last Tuesday. Coming to the end of it now. Had real sore throat, lots of coughing, headaches on and off and short of breath. Muscles were sore for about one day. Spent about one day sleeping. All in all pretty mild, but still not pleasant and just a weird sickness. Wife caught it too, and she basically is just coughing and sniffling. We both found that panadol gave great temporary relief of symptoms. (Both triple vaxed)

4037 today

1 In ICU

209 in hospital

No deaths

Does this mean we've had frequent admissions to ICU that have been downgraded within a couple of days? That is really promising news when it comes to WA's response to the pandemic - turns out a 70%+ booster rate plus omicron being the only variant here results in really low numbers, who'd have thought? /s

Only 1 in ICU - I think SA was far worse than us at the same point in caseload.

Government giving out 10 more free RATs per household apparently...

pay me make it rain GIF by VH1

I was looking for GIFs and stumbled upon this, wtf is this from.

5377 cases, 112 in hospital, 5 in ICU.

Only about 2200 of those cases were from PCR's and apparently we had over 17000 PCR tests conducted, which is around 12% positive case rate which is significantly down on the weekends 20% positive case rate.

I'd be surprised if we really hit 10000 in a day this week, though just scraping past our previous peak has probably scotched my prediction of only one more daily record :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back