Cox will be captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 12, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
... at least I hope he will.

Whilst it's gonna be hard to go past the ever consistent Mr Glass, I really think we need a leader who can take on the role all over the ground, and it's extremely difficult to skipper from the last line - it's very hard to think of a FB career captain, anyone?

The other things in Dean's favour include: his natural born leadership skills - which are far superior to most captains in the league, his focused aggression (just look at his body language in those finals this year), his intelligence, his media savvyness, and his willingness to be the man.

Cox, whilst being able to marshall troops etc form the midfield would sound great, I have heard, and seen, Cox being a bit of a lad. Nothing wrong with coxy, but i think we need someone absolutely SQUEEKY clean. Glass for mine.

Me to ^^ i think Glass. As i said before Glass commands respect whereas Cox is like the the weird uncle (like that guy on the salad dressing ad;))

Anyone see the footage of the brownlow on the footy show? Cox seems like a good bloke, but then again, another captain like woosha.... Glass would be perfect.

Glass for me. As time has gone on, I've become firmer in my opinion.

This guy is a model footballer and human being. That's not to say that Coxy isn't, I just think Glass would be a more appropriate captain at this stage.

Glass isn't in the media much, but from what I have seen he's quite capable of dealing with them. I want to see a no-thrills captain. I want us to fade from the spotlight. Glassy is the kind of guy that can be the perfect role-model to our next generation while being as boring as Woosha in the media (which I love!).

Glass for captain.
Cox can still take control and marshall the troops whether he is captain or not.

We need Glass to be the face off the club and do the good stuff off-field and make us look like a more respectable club.

I think it would be very hard for Glass to Captain from the backline, so maybe an arrangement where we have the co-captains would work out better

although I'm also aware that not many people like that idea...:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys are all forgetting Rosa as well.

Yep. Glass leads the race closely followed by Cox...But I agree I think if Matt Rosa was a little more experienced he would be a nice fit for the Captaincy. I liked the article in the Herald Sun, I also liked his performance against Collingwood in the Semi when we were under enormous pressure. Rosa for captain.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,9191,22638764%5E20322,00.html

(apologies if this link has been posted on another thread)

Cox should be captain. Excellent relationship and well respected by players coaches media.

Glass is a perfect candidate for long term vice captain, squeaky clean but does he have the natural leadership and motivational skills required to be captain. I believe judd lacked these as well and never should of been captain. Compared to cousins he was a second rate captain. Pure publicity stunt to cover up the demotion of cousins as captain.

Add Andrew embley selwood and maybe wirra and you would have your leadership group.

Hurn and Rosa no chance. They need more than one season of being a definate starter in our best 22 before they can even be considered as a chance.

I think we should start a thread... mitch brown for captain, he would be a great leader.

I think we should start a thread... mitch brown for captain, he would be a great leader.

you idiot dumbest thing i have read today

worst thing for the eagles was brown playing round 1 last year and having a relatively good game. Already had the biggest unwarranted ego at the club and that just inflated it even more.

way to many raps put on him that were massively undeserved.

pretty sure he spent the rest of the year in the wafl and was only moderate to good in the wafl

you idiot dumbest thing i have read today

worst thing for the eagles was brown playing round 1 last year and having a relatively good game. Already had the biggest unwarranted ego at the club and that just inflated it even more.

way to many raps put on him that were massively undeserved.

pretty sure he spent the rest of the year in the wafl and was only moderate to good in the wafl

Tongue in cheek buddy.

Name calling isnt warranted either. :thumbsu:

Brown has an inflated ego?

Do tell how you come to this conclusion......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back