Cramming for exams

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah my Uni has set seats as well, however there are about 6 different unit exams in the one room, so have to find where your exam is and then find a seat~definitely not fun when your late, the only ones left are right up the front on the far side of the room, which are not good places to do your exam and when finished, have to dodge through rows and rows of chairs to get to the door.
That sounds like you have set "sections" rather than exact set seats :confused:

Yeah my Uni has set seats as well, however there are about 6 different unit exams in the one room, so have to find where your exam is and then find a seat~definitely not fun when your late, the only ones left are right up the front on the far side of the room, which are not good places to do your exam and when finished, have to dodge through rows and rows of chairs to get to the door.
yeah pretty much the same dealyo as me, i have mine at the melbourne show grounds, few hundred metres from where i live so im happy with that :thumbsu:
up to six different exams at any one time, over a thousand kiddies in the same room.
what blows is you have to be there a minimum 30 minutes to an hour, i've finished exams where i have scored 90+ overall for that I have completed in under 30 minutes.

yeah pretty much the same dealyo as me, i have mine at the melbourne show grounds, few hundred metres from where i live so im happy with that :thumbsu:
up to six different exams at any one time, over a thousand kiddies in the same room.
what blows is you have to be there a minimum 30 minutes to an hour, i've finished exams where i have scored 90+ overall for that I have completed in under 30 minutes.

At least Vic Uni has the exams in normal buildings these days. Back in 2002 they held them in the barns at the showgrounds. The winter exams were unbelievable, freezing cold, water dripping through the roof when it rained, mud and water trampled into the exam rooms. Only at Vic Uni :p

At least Vic Uni has the exams in normal buildings these days. Back in 2002 they held them in the barns at the showgrounds. The winter exams were unbelievable, freezing cold, water dripping through the roof when it rained, mud and water trampled into the exam rooms. Only at Vic Uni :p
haha hell yeah only vic uni :p
have you been to the student residence? its a s**t hole.
my room leaked when it rained, it stunk like mold for 2 weeks when i moved in :thumbsdown: a real s**t hole.

What am I doing on here at this time with an exam tomorrow :confused:
I shall never know. It is my last thank fcuk and then its parrrrttttyyy time!
Good luck to anyone with exams soon, just don't walk under any ladders or break any mirrors. You just might fail and that's not good.

Wait a meaningless post, I think exams make you a little crazy. Oh well better be off.

Study the work and you'll be fine

I'm yet to fail an exam where i did the work beforehand and put in the hours.

No surefire alternative, sure you might get lucky here and there and pass without working as hard as you can but P's are near useless these days, especially if you want to do postgrad study.

Only ever failed exams when i didn't study for whatever reason.

Maybe its something that you lot should take on board.

Go out the night before and get pissed to make yourself relaxed on the day.

If you want a top mark, cramming is next to useless. Best it can do is perhaps elevate you from a C to a C+

My issue is elevating me from an F to a D or a C. Which cramming usually is good for.

First year at uni i did most of the work. I attended 95% of my lectures and all of my tus. I did most of the reading and most of the tutorial questions and assigned work. I averaged around 80 so yeh did quite well.

First semester this year i dropped off a bit, went out more, worked more so i had more money to go out, did some of the reading, did some of the tutorial questions and funnily enough did even better than previous semesters. Mainly because i knew the best and most efficient ways to study.

This semester though. Didn't open 3/4 of my text books. Went to 30% of my lectures, but most of my tuts. Didn't do ANY reading or ANY tutorial questions all semester. So pretty much i was (and still am) learning all my subjects a few days out from exams.

The exams i have had so far i've done very poorly. Hopefully i pass them all. Its a s**t feeling crammin and i really don't recommend it but that said i have done it most semesters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My issue is elevating me from an F to a D or a C. Which cramming usually is good for.

First year at uni i did most of the work. I attended 95% of my lectures and all of my tus. I did most of the reading and most of the tutorial questions and assigned work. I averaged around 80 so yeh did quite well.

First semester this year i dropped off a bit, went out more, worked more so i had more money to go out, did some of the reading, did some of the tutorial questions and funnily enough did even better than previous semesters. Mainly because i knew the best and most efficient ways to study.

This semester though. Didn't open 3/4 of my text books. Went to 30% of my lectures, but most of my tuts. Didn't do ANY reading or ANY tutorial questions all semester. So pretty much i was (and still am) learning all my subjects a few days out from exams.

The exams i have had so far i've done very poorly. Hopefully i pass them all. Its a s**t feeling crammin and i really don't recommend it but that said i have done it most semesters.
If you're talking in terms of passing - find past exams, there is almost always a couple of certain types of questions they ask every year. If you can smash those then you'll go a fair way to getting a decent mark.

If you're talking in terms of passing - find past exams, there is almost always a couple of certain types of questions they ask every year. If you can smash those then you'll go a fair way to getting a decent mark.

Its all about time though. I mean there is no point for me reading past exams if i've got no idea how to answer them.

I find (in wordy law type subjects at least), get down the lecture notes and u will pass. Do the readings you will get an alright mark, do practice exams as well you will get a good mark.

I usually just get the lecture notes so i pass.

Thanks for some of the input here guys, learnt some pretty good tips. I havent started my exams yet because I am only in Year11 but I still want to go well in them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back