Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're probably right.

But geez, if someone said to me at 18, you can go to the Gold Coast with a good mate from home, play footy, get paid over 100k, get away from the olds, bit of partying, bit of surfing - I'd be down with that in a heartbeat, wouldn't see me for dust.
I did it when i was 20.. then ended up back home for a few years before moving back up in my late 20’s and im still here on the goldy 15 years later...

Honestly would love to move back home now.. Goldy is great, the weather is awesome all year round but its definately way overrated as a place to live.

You're probably right.

But geez, if someone said to me at 18, you can go to the Gold Coast with a good mate from home, play footy, get paid over 100k, get away from the olds, bit of partying, bit of surfing - I'd be down with that in a heartbeat, wouldn't see me for dust.
And that is the issue.

Gold Coast is a great place to holiday after the stress of a draft year with year 12. But after a while.partying gets boring and you realise you want to have a decent AFL career so request a trade out of there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I did it when i was 20.. then ended up back home for a few years before moving back up in my late 20’s and im still here on the goldy 15 years later...

Honestly would love to move back home now.. Goldy is great, the weather is awesome all year round but its definately way overrated as a place to live.
I'm in Brisbane, in my early 40s. We have pondered moving to Adelaide and perhaps we will one day, but I think it's just a bit too small and slow for us. Brisbane is almost the perfect size and lifestyle.

I'm in Brisbane, in my early 40s. We have pondered moving to Adelaide and perhaps we will one day, but I think it's just a bit too small and slow for us. Brisbane is almost the perfect size and lifestyle.
Horses for courses. Adelaide is the best if you want easy access to everything. Agree it’s not the most fun out of all the states, but I can’t see myself moving anywhere once I hit retirement age!

I don't really get the too small and slow thing.

What is it that you're after with sheer size? More restaurants? What is it you mean by faster? More people moving around? Faster trains?

Not having a go, just curious.

I've tried very hard to like Brisbane as a city, but it's main problem is its always going to be choc-o-bloc full of Queenslanders!

No offense

I've tried very hard to like Brisbane as a city, but it's main problem is its always going to be choc-o-bloc full of Queenslanders!

No offense
Brisbanites arent all bad... its the northern queenslanders that are batshit crazy!.. not all of them though... just the inbred redneck ones!

He’s not getting a top 6 pick this draft unless he’s coupled up with a high pick

So then what ? Can we turn him around and make him a committed crows player that performs at a high level for 1-2 yrs ?
Absolutely, he is still a professional athlete and I'm sure like Gibbs he would play to his best.
BTW
if Adelaide was picked up and dropped in the US it would be the 8th biggest city in the country. Not sure it needs to be much bigger.

Brisbanites arent all bad... its the northern queenslanders that are batshit crazy!.. not all of them though... just the inbred redneck ones!
I know i'm just playing. I actually just came back from a trip to Far North Queensland. I seriously do think the year round sun up there affects their brains a bit. They are all pretty loopy because of it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back