Number 26 2 Flags as Captain

1554016448296.png

Number 26 2 flags as Captain

Logically this man needs to be made Captain

1554016514838.png

No, just no. Edit: just checked the date

/grumpyoldman

"">

Holy s**t, many memories from Saturday nights at heaven in the early 2000s just came flooding back

There's acually a fair few - ''hmm this is good, we should use it'' type comments on Facebook. FMD
...I'm one of them. It's not awful

Crow54

23 year veteran.
Oct 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm not sure where else to put this. I feel sorry for Sam, but am disappointed to see that he's suing the Club. I would've hoped that the Crows did everything they could to help him. But maybe they put Club before player? Time will tell.

Ex-Adelaide Crow Sam Shaw has launched legal action against his former club after retiring in 2016 due to concussion.

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/sport/A-Former-Adelaide-Crow-Is-Suing-The-Club

I'm not sure where else to put this. I feel sorry for Sam, but am disappointed to see that he's suing the Club. I would've hoped that the Crows did everything they could to help him. But maybe they put Club before player? Time will tell.

Ex-Adelaide Crow Sam Shaw has launched legal action against his former club after retiring in 2016 due to concussion.

Didn’t the club keep him on the books for a year so he could qualify for the new players insurance package? Unless the club made him go out and play against instructions to the contrary, I fail to see how they can be sued.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona

Interesting looking back at our decision to keep him on the list for that extra year

We were trying to mitigate something like this happening?

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide

We left him on the list an extra year so he could access the new health and welfare benefits right? the thanks you get I guess...

There are going to be so many of these cases going forward, with law firms circling any players who have retired under similar circumstances.

Everyone involved would have insurance to handle such cases?

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
We left him on the list an extra year so he could access the new health and welfare benefits right? the thanks you get I guess...

There are going to be so many of these cases going forward, with law firms circling any players who have retired under similar circumstances.

Everyone involved would have insurance to handle such cases?
I'm no lawyer but does insurance cover you for negligence?

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Didn’t the club keep him on the books for a year so he could qualify for the new players insurance package? Unless the club made him go out and play against instructions to the contrary, I fail to see how they can be sued.
He’s claiming negligence in its management.

Perhaps the club weren’t being nice guys when they rookied him, and it was more an arse covering excercise.

Either way I’m sure we will hear more in due course.

Back in the day, players CLEARLY concussed, were sent back out to play. Pretty sure that stopped a decade or so ago.

Our friends down the road still do that.

No duty of care with that mob.

Back