Crows line up Vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Re: Crows line up Vs Eagles

Originally posted by Stiffy_18

There is some doubt about Stenglein's availability. If he doesn't come up Shirley is the likely replacement. However, I would much rather select Begley instead of Shirley and give Mattner a crack as our tagger, probably on Cousins.

Thoughts??????

I like it. I agree with Mattner on Cousins and Begley ahead of Shirley. Hopefully McGregor and Rutten can hold Lynch and Wilson.

Jerome

Re: Re: Crows line up Vs Eagles

Ok here we go again:D . Considering that squad to face the eagles was named today here is who I would pick as my 26

FF: _ 10. Matthew Bode _ 22. Ian Perrie _ 5. Ronnie Burns
HF: _ 40. Chris Ladhams _ 19. Mark Stevens _ 9. Tyson Edwards
_C: _ 11. Michael Doughty _ 20. Tyson Stenglein _ 24. Brett Burton
HB: _ 15. Jason Torney _ 16. Ken McGregor _ 34. Ben Hart
FB: _ 7. Nigel Smart _ 25. Ben Rutten _ 18. Graham John****
1R: _ 4. Matthew Clarke _ 36. Simon Goodwin _ 23. Andrew McLeod

Int: _ 35. Rhett Biglands _ 33. Brent Reilly _ 21. James Gallagher
_ _ _ 44. Nathan Bock _ 39. Martin Mattner _ 1. Andrew Crowell
_ _ _ 26. Mark Bickley _ 13. Matthew Smith.

There is some doubt about Stenglein's availability. If he doesn't come up Shirley is the likely replacement. However, I would much rather select Begley instead of Shirley and give Mattner a crack as our tagger, probably on Cousins.

Thoughts??????

IMO you'd be very close there Stiffy. The only possible variation to your starting 18 would depend on who starts up forward for the Eagles. Smart could be at FB and Crowell in the back pocket, with Ruten on the bench - but that all depends on the make-up of the Eagles forward line.

If Stinga doesn't play I'm sure that Shirley will. That gives them 2 taggers in Sting or Shirley/ Mattner to hose down any on-ballers getting out of control such as Cousins and Kerr.

Given that Bickley looks a certainty to get a run, then the other one to miss out on the interchange would be out of Begley, Gallagher and Smith, with Begley the most likely.

If it is still really wet on Friday, then Bock could be the one to miss, with the team emphasis more on smalls than talls.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crows line up Vs Eagles

I don't have a problem giving Smith a go but Jericho is a big NO NO IMHO. Leth him make his senior SANFL Debut before he is given a chance at AFL. Remember what happened to Skipworth. He made his AFL Debut before his SANFL debut and after a few games his confidence suffered. Only towards the end of last year did he show the glimpses of what he is able to do. I say avoid temptation to give Jericho a game until 2004 unless we are hit with a lot of injuries which we are not.;)

I forgot to mention this Stiffy - they must have listened to you!!
Even with 10 of the 39 players on the senior list being unavailable, leaving the 28 man squad to be chosen from 29 players, Jericho was the one to miss.

Right again young Stiffy!! :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crows line up Vs Eagles

Originally posted by macca23
I forgot to mention this Stiffy - they must have listened to you!!
Even with 10 of the 39 players on the senior list being unavailable, leaving the 28 man squad to be chosen from 29 players, Jericho was the one to miss.

Right again young Stiffy!! :)

Yeah I noticed that macca23. I just thought it would be a bit silly to play him considering he hasn't played 1 game of senior SANFL footy. I think Crows are very aware of this after what happened with Skippy. I would rather Jericho serve one year of senior SANFL footy like John**** and come inn next year a much better player. Right choice IMHO.

I agree with you about Begley being the likely on to miss out. With 8 players on the interchange we can afford to take no more than 1 "rusty" player and for the sake of team balance we need another tall in Smith.

Cheers.

P.S. I hope you will assess the good, the bad and the ugly on friday nite for some of us that will be preoccupied with other pleasurable things.:D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crows line up Vs Eagles

P.S. I hope you will assess the good, the bad and the ugly on friday nite for some of us that will be preoccupied with other pleasurable things.:D

Sure will Stiffy. I'll be glued to the set and happy to give my opinion after the game on the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back