Toast Crows partner with China Southern Airlines, "the biggest air carrier in Asia"

Remove this Banner Ad

So an Adelaide based company decides to buy a corporate bix for the season and they dress it up as part of the "China Strategy" because the owner if said company is of Chinese descent.

Tom Cruise would be proud.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Greaton is already an Open to the World support partner for the Shanghai game, in the style of Cathay Pacific:

30f87070223701b141b637e636db6442.png

It is our game over there that brought them into the fold. They have now, just like Cathay Pacific, become a premier partner of the football club as a whole.

A few more announcements to go.

ok. Thanks for the clarification. I thought dragonair flew domestically.

EDIT: I'm terming anything from HK to china as domestic. it is one China right? Or do they consider this as an international flight?
Nope, People's Republic of china is mainland, Special Admin Region of China is Hong Kong, and Republic of China is Taiwan

Why would you complain about SQ? They are one of the best airlines in the world, and far better than Qantas.

Since the advent of code sharing and airline alliances like OneWorld and Star Alliance, all airlines went to a hub and spoke system to avoid duplicating routes that weren't profitable.

Adelaide to Hong Kong is more about Cathay's world leading cargo business than anything else.
And you know that SQ is far better than QF how?

I don't know about which is better but Singapore Airlines is one of the best airlines in the world, certainly. So is Qantas. Both consistently feature in "best airlines in the world" lists.

It's kind of like arguing about whether Melbourne or Adelaide when both appear in a "top twenty most livable cities in the world" list.

I don't know about which is better but Singapore Airlines is one of the best airlines in the world, certainly. So is Qantas. Both consistently feature in "best airlines in the world" lists.

It's kind of like arguing about whether Melbourne or Adelaide when both appear in a "top twenty most livable cities in the world" list.
As someone who uses both regularly on long flights I will say they are both very good. I only lean slightly towards SQ as they will fly me straight from Singapore to Adelaide, whereas QF flies me through Melbourne or Sydney. This makes the flight much longer. But the planes and service in both is of a par.

So certainly not FAR better, Australia seems to continually want to 'bash' qantas which imo is not necessary. No I don't work for them

How did SQ and Qantas come into this discussion anyhow? I thought this was about CSA and Cathay, you know, one a mainland Chinese company, and the other a SAR company, Port Power might as well have got China Airlines, the National Carrier of Taiwan sponsor them lol

So certainly not FAR better, Australia seems to continually want to 'bash' qantas which imo is not necessary. No I don't work for them

A lot of the bashing was due to Joyce paying himself obscene salaries whilst laying people off and off shoring everything.

As an airline they have consistently been very good.

dc71bd9a6224de7a0bce92357e7bdc4e.png

Hong Kong, Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Guilin, Haikou, Hangzhou, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Sanya, Shanghai, Wenzhou, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xian, Zhengzhou = two destinations in China.

All places serviced by Cathay Dragon.

Plus, Cathay has code sharing arrangements with Air China.
Go away
Cathay (or Cathy as one of your supporters calls is )PACIFIC is your sponsor

Go away
Cathay (or Cathy as one of your supporters calls is )PACIFIC is your sponsor
you're right, we can all get a bit caught up in the semantics of it all. We got a great sponsor that is paying real dollars to our club and will make us stronger. We don't know enough details about the Cathay deal to say the same but who cares, WE ARE ADELAIDE.

Why would you complain about SQ? They are one of the best airlines in the world, and far better than Qantas.

Since the advent of code sharing and airline alliances like OneWorld and Star Alliance, all airlines went to a hub and spoke system to avoid duplicating routes that weren't profitable.

Adelaide to Hong Kong is more about Cathay's world leading cargo business than anything else.
Because they rank nowhere on any of the other categories top ten ???

Don't make top ten on
- Fleet size CSA 6th
- by scheduled passengers kms flown -CSA 5th
- By passengers carried (thousands) CSA 4th
- By airline companies revenue- CSA 8th

But yes-Cathay are up there in transporting cargo !
Yep - you got the market cornered for any "cargo" that wants to buy in on this debacle !
Flog

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_largest_airlines

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greaton is already an Open to the World support partner for the Shanghai game, in the style of Cathay Pacific:

30f87070223701b141b637e636db6442.png

It is our game over there that brought them into the fold. They have now, just like Cathay Pacific, become a premier partner of the football club as a whole.

A few more announcements to go.
What happens if you don't play a game over there ?

You talking about flying into Cairns? Of course Cathay Pacific flies into all major capital cities in Australia.

4734a37b7b5c4178355de47baa355d71.png
Lol, thanks for giving Cathay a reputation hit. I'd be mad sitting around an airport an hour and a half longer after getting there early in the first place. Well, unless it was Changi. That airport I could transit in for 24 hours.

Because they rank nowhere on any of the other categories top ten ???

Don't make top ten on
- Fleet size CSA 6th
- by scheduled passengers kms flown -CSA 5th
- By passengers carried (thousands) CSA 4th
- By airline companies revenue- CSA 8th

But yes-Cathay are up there in transporting cargo !
Yep - you got the market cornered for any "cargo" that wants to buy in on this debacle !
Flog

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_largest_airlines
Shhh
Another case of factual but irrelevant.
Just bay 13 worhpthy. Not Adelaide board worthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back