Crows to face Power in U23 trial game at Thebarton 23/2/2019

Remove this Banner Ad

My count has 23 Port and 15 Crows

1550451914629-png.621269
Massive differential, if we top up with some mature players in key positions you'd expect us to come out on top... That is assuming port play every available player from list.

Will be interested to see if poholke finally steps up as an inside mid amongst his ages.

My count has 23 Port and 15 Crows

1550451914629-png.621269

Would be interesting to pick the best 5 players from the combined lists?

Maybe someone more astute with the knowledge of both teams could have a stab?

For me in no particular order, Milera, Fogarty, Doedee, Marshall and Galuccii (ignoring players that have yet to play an AFL game)

So only McPhearson would be missing from our team? That makes 14. So what is going to happen with the remaining 8 players? Hunter and Straughan as well, doubt Port would have a problem with that. So need to find 6. Mix of top ups and our younger AFL players? Or do we get some of their players to change Guernseys :)

So only McPhearson would be missing from our team? That makes 14. So what is going to happen with the remaining 8 players? Hunter and Straughan as well, doubt Port would have a problem with that. So need to find 6. Mix of top ups and our younger AFL players? Or do we get some of their players to change Guernseys :)

Knight, McAdam, and ROB are 23 so they might get a gig.

Would be cool if we were allowed to play some of our academy players.

My guess will be top-up players from our sanfl squad

Would be interesting to pick the best 5 players from the combined lists?

Maybe someone more astute with the knowledge of both teams could have a stab?

For me in no particular order, Milera, Fogarty, Doedee, Marshall and Galuccii (ignoring players that have yet to play an AFL game)
Milera
Doedee
Fog
Murphy
Himmelberg

Burton
SPP
Marshall
Howard
Rozee

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Knight, McAdam, and ROB are 23 so they might get a gig.

Would be cool if we were allowed to play some of our academy players.

Definitely should be pushing for McAdam to get a game. Knight and ROB might be pushing our luck. Especially ROB, purely because he could do some damage with his tackling. As much as I am keen for this hit out, the last thing I want is for some of our best 22 players to pick up any injuries. Port would be feeling the same.

Milera
Doedee
Fog
Murphy
Himmelberg

Burton
SPP
Marshall
Bonner
Rozee

Willem Drew is a very good young prospect from the Ballarat Rebels, missed last season with a foot fracture, similar game style to Matt Crouch albeit taller and a little more athletic, hard at it inside mid/accumulator that can get forward and hit the scoreboard....can play.

I'd love to stream this game, but I don't want them to. No need to unnecessarily give anything away.

What would be your best 5 from both lists combined?
Open age?

M Crouch
Smithers
Milera
Talia
Sloane

Gray
Ryder
Ollie
Howard
Marshall

Add Howard to the u/23 for Bonner. I am sure he is under 23.

I really dont rate Ports list at all. A lot of names/fanfare with little substance. Hence they have not won a Final in five years.

Polec and Wingard would have been in that five.

Open age?

M Crouch
Smithers
Milera
Talia
Sloane

Gray
Ryder
Ollie
Howard
Marshall

Add Howard to the u/23 for Bonner. I am sure he is under 23.

I really dont rate Ports list at all. A lot of names/fanfare with little substance. Hence they have not won a Final in five years.

Polec and Wingard would have been in that five.

Best 5 players from both lists for u23, to make just the one list.

I had Milera, Fogarty, Doedee, Marshall and Galucci.

With Marshall being Ports only representative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way Gallucci would be in front of SPP on AFL performances thus far.

If you were picking a team and wanted a no dickhead policy. Wouldnt Gallucci be ahead of SPP.

Given these days that character does count a lot when drafting/recruiting a player, surely it would be a variable.

I agree on talent. SPP is ahead.

No way Gallucci would be in front of SPP on AFL performances thus far.
I tend to think SPP came into the system more AFL ready, but Gooch has developed better. His ballskills have really improved.

Port just use SPP as a battering ram and his skills are poor. Possibly gone backward.

SPP in our system is possibly the better player.

Willem Drew is a very good young prospect from the Ballarat Rebels, missed last season with a foot fracture, similar game style to Matt Crouch albeit taller and a little more athletic, hard at it inside mid/accumulator that can get forward and hit the scoreboard....can play.
Yeah I dont know enough about their players who have no played an AFL. Apart from Rozee having seen him play live for North.

I had Murphy for us. But I reckon ask me again in October and I reckon McHenry makes this list.

He sounds like my type of player. A.classier Murphy??

I tend to think SPP came into the system more AFL ready, but Gooch has developed better. His ballskills have really improved.

Port just use SPP as a battering ram and his skills are poor. Possibly gone backward.

SPP in our system is possibly the better player.

SPP did have a great debut year, made a lot of teams that passed him in the draft regret their decision.

aaa

ROB, Kelly, McAdam, Knight, M Crouch, Strachan are currently 23,
And Wilson 24, Atkins 24 and Hunter25.

My guess will be top-up players from our sanfl squad
Most likely, but the clubs may agree to play a few over 23 players needing a hitout. The clubs will talk to make sure it's a fair contest that meets the needs of both.

Definitely should be pushing for McAdam to get a game. Knight and ROB might be pushing our luck. Especially ROB, purely because he could do some damage with his tackling. As much as I am keen for this hit out, the last thing I want is for some of our best 22 players to pick up any injuries. Port would be feeling the same.

I don’t think itwould too much to have some older players in the team, having a dozen top up players would be lame.
Looks like Brad will play in the trial game, so I doubt being under 23 will be a hard & fast rule.

Massive differential, if we top up with some mature players in key positions you'd expect us to come out on top... That is assuming port play every available player from list.

Will be interested to see if poholke finally steps up as an inside mid amongst his ages.

We could well top up with the amo guys, that will be topping up the SANFL team.

I'd love to stream this game, but I don't want them to. No need to unnecessarily give anything away.
It’s free entry. I’m sure opposition scouts will be able to go if they want to see what’s going on over the fence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back