Dallas Mavericks thread: Luka MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re going to have to change the name of this thread soon…KP’s balling out

This aged well.

I can understand needing to trade KP, he was barely on the floor and has the body of a 40yo with his injuries. But this deal was very poor. Saved no money, lost a pick too and got 2 lesser players in return.

I wonder if Luka had a say. Or if he didn't, how will this affect him and his desire to remain in Dallas? At some point he is going to get sick of carrying a bunch of role players.

This aged well.

I can understand needing to trade KP, he was barely on the floor and has the body of a 40yo with his injuries. But this deal was very poor. Saved no money, lost a pick too and got 2 lesser players in return.

I wonder if Luka had a say. Or if he didn't, how will this affect him and his desire to remain in Dallas? At some point he is going to get sick of carrying a bunch of role players.
This aged well

Sometimes teams just have an off day against poor opposition. Wouldn't read into the Wizards result.

The ceiling of this team is clear, we've had massive wins against strong opposition recently; Bucks, Dubs, Celts, Nets.

Playoffs it will become more about bringing our best effort game to game, and how well Kidd can adjust to coaching manoeuvres during a series.

Hopefully we can get the 3 seed to avoid the Suns, as they are the only team in the West I think would be strong favourites against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Dinwiddie dropping 30, I think its safe to say that Dallas won the Porzingis trade.

Brunson also announced himself this series. It was always going to take a more even contribution to get Dallas over the line, but for Luka to still shoot 35 is incredible.

Not to say I predicted the result today, but once we took it to Game 7 I was thinking that the Suns shitting the bed was a real possibility. All the pressure was on them to win... as a clear #1 seed, playing at home, etc. They had a lot more to lose and I think went into the game trying not to lose rather than win. Mavs played carefree and it showed. Classic CP3 performance this series and Booker is a really good player but not sure he's one I'd want in the clinch.

Dirk and Luka embracing post-game... enough to bring a tear to the eye.

Looking forward to the Warriors series. I think Kerr is both capable of better adjustments than Williams as well as having more flexible players at his disposal. Will be very interesting to see how they defend us... If they go with Dray on Luka, which I think is the only player capable of hindering him, it will open up a lot of things for Powell rolling or Kleber popping. Powell especially could have a good series, depending on how Warriors choose to defend us.

Big job for Brunson defensively on either Poole or Curry.

There'll be a lot less flopping as well which will be a more enjoyable experience.

Looking forward to the Warriors series. I think Kerr is both capable of better adjustments than Williams as well as having more flexible players at his disposal. Will be very interesting to see how they defend us... If they go with Dray on Luka, which I think is the only player capable of hindering him, it will open up a lot of things for Powell rolling or Kleber popping. Powell especially could have a good series, depending on how Warriors choose to defend us.

Big job for Brunson defensively on either Poole or Curry.

There'll be a lot less flopping as well which will be a more enjoyable experience.

Mavs will go in as underdogs again.

Suits us perfectly.

Not bidding against the Knicks offer is a black stain on this team. Brunson is a gun. Huge loss when do many other teams got better.

Dorian and Bullock averaged 40 minutes each during the POs. Major hole on the wing. And now at guard.

So the exception is spent on …McGee? At 34? With a player option for the 3rd year?

Look, Wood was a steal and I like the McGee signing in isolation.

But if a move or 2 isn’t made to help the ball handling (Dragic) and at wing, we’re not going back to the WCFs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not bidding against the Knicks offer is a black stain on this team. Brunson is a gun. Huge loss when do many other teams got better.

Dorian and Bullock averaged 40 minutes each during the POs. Major hole on the wing. And now at guard.

So the exception is spent on …McGee? At 34? With a player option for the 3rd year?

But if a move or 2 isn’t made to help the ball handling (Dragic) and at wing, we’re not going back to the WCFs.

I think we figured out he was going regardless. Tbh it was obvious before the trade deadline, should have traded him then.

Also we have Dinwiddie now who'll be better post-ACL. He's big insurance against the loss of JB's ball handling. If we get Dragic I don't think we're that far off where we were.

But yes, it was ineptitude to lose JB for nothing. Should have offered a deal pre-deadline and traded him when/if he didn't sign it.

I was worried about losing the asset but not so much about losing JB as a player…if we’d have received some compensation, I’d be a very happy camper because Mavs can better unlock peak Air Doncic with a longer, off-ball ‘Robin’ than Brunson

I was worried about losing the asset but not so much about losing JB as a player…if we’d have received some compensation, I’d be a very happy camper because Mavs can better unlock peak Air Doncic with a longer, off-ball ‘Robin’ than Brunson
Yeah I think we can cover Brunson's production with THJ returning, Dinwiddie improvement from the ACL and the addition of Wood.

It was a shame to lose the asset for nothing though. Mismanagement there.

Yeah I think we can cover Brunson's production with THJ returning, Dinwiddie improvement from the ACL and the addition of Wood.

It was a shame to lose the asset for nothing though. Mismanagement there.

Definitely…but not by current management, it was Donnie who opted to offer him a contract with no restricted free agency in order to keep a few dollars of cap space for…for…God only knows why Donnie used to hoard cap space 🙄

I watch games like today and see Tatum and Brown then watch Luka go at it alone.

Seriously I beg you Cuban don't let us go into the last year of a contract and just expect to sign a all star.

I really think Derozen is gettable atm with the drama at Chicago.

Reggie Bullock please go away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back