List Mgmt. Dan Hannebery - 5 year deal & Pick 28 to St.Kilda for Pick 39 & 2019 2nd Round Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least with Hanners we ended up with Bytel. So you can’t completely sh*t can it.

Most of the forum want him out of the AFL side now, he's tracking like Ed Phillips. Remember when Long, Battle and Phillips looked elite drafting and made stepping out of the draft for a year worthwhile. Now they look like they might not make it.

Both were absolute sh*t though. One doesn't out do the other.
Says a bit when all you can do is point to slightly worse trades… how bout that Lovett one? Boy that was bad oh and Michael Frost - sheesh.

We got Steele and Higgins in similar trades to the Freeman one, at least all of those guys have a potential 8-10 years in front of them when brought to the club. The Hanners one is more like a Hodge/Lewis salary dump, only we forgot to pay no more than a 5th rounder and no more than 3 years.

Freeman would be handier than Dan right now, as would James Jordon.

You really comparing Paddy Ryder who was AA a couple of seasons before joining us to Shaun McKernan?
Really?
Ryder was employed for his vast experience and still is one of the best tap rucks in the league. He was there to bring Rowan along.
McKernan was selected as insurance nothing more.

To you anything that works out AS IT INTENDED, is luck to you.

You need another break

He was in the process of being replaced and was getting dropped to the SANFL for the first time in his Port career, he was over 30. If we had him as a long term plan I'm not sure it was well thought out. My guess was that he was bought in as a back up ruck who would train our rucks while he played. Like Mc Kernan he wasn't a strategic piece of the list, he was a filler in case of emergency.

Maybe you need another break in the croc waters again.

Most of the forum want him out of the AFL side now, he's tracking like Ed Phillips. Remember when Long, Battle and Phillips looked elite drafting and made stepping out of the draft for a year worthwhile. Now they look like they might not make it.
Might be getting a bit carried away there Gringo. I don't remember that at all.

Might be getting a bit carried away there Gringo. I don't remember that at all.

Which bit? You haven't been reading much then. Bytel is the new whipping boy.

Says a bit when all you can do is point to slightly worse trades… how bout that Lovett one? Boy that was bad oh and Michael Frost - sheesh.

We got Steele and Higgins in similar trades to the Freeman one, at least all of those guys have a potential 8-10 years in front of them when brought to the club. The Hanners one is more like a Hodge/Lewis salary dump, only we forgot to pay no more than a 5th rounder and no more than 3 years.

Freeman would be handier than Dan right now, as would James Jordon.

Michael Frost- what a ripper that was

Which bit? You haven't been reading much then. Bytel is the new whipping boy.
You're right! But not the Bytel bit...the other bit re: Long, Battle, Phillips.
I thought Battle had potential. Didn't know what Long was capable of and never rated Phillips. I don't remember anyone bandying around terms like 'elite'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freeman cost: Future second rounder (pick 23 - Will Drew) + slight upgrade from a pick 63 to pick 60

Hanners cost: future second (pick 21 - James Jordan ) + pick 39 and we received pick 28 which we on traded and landed Bytel and Parker

Freeman games: 2
Hanners games: 13

The Freeman trade was actually a lot worse. He also got a substantial pay rise to come to us after not playing a game at the pies.

We took on Hanners contract. Which is big. But the actual trade really isn’t that bad at all.

Who cares about the pick swaps. In both cases they were mostly meaningless. The issue with the Hannebury deal is 5 years at $600k plus. We will still be paying that long after pick 23 is forgotten.

Who cares about the pick swaps. In both cases they were mostly meaningless. The issue with the Hannebury deal is 5 years at $600k plus. We will still be paying that long after pick 23 is forgotten.
Just to note it's 4 years with a trigger which he won't reach. So 4 years.

It’s 4 years and it matters because people act like we blew everything trying to get Hanners right.

The entire Hanners scenario cost us Jordan from Melbourne and 4 years of his salary.

It Brought us Jones and Bytel and it hasn’t worked on field for Hanners

Yeah and the Hawks made a huge mistake in trading in a clapped out Jaeger O'Meara.

PS He only signed for 4 years, cost us bugger all trade wise and not that much cost wise if you factor in the salary cap spending needs.

I'm happier with the club having a punt on securing a type of player desperately needed at the time rather than doing the alternative - overpaying GOP's.

I'm not sure what the O'Meara trade has to do with it bur O'Meara was 22 at the time. And I would argue that trade has set Hawks back significantly in terms of their rebuild.

I'm also not sure what "gap" Hannebury filled for us (if he had been able to play). Another one paced midfielder? We seem to have a hell of a lot of them.

It’s 4 years and it matters because people act like we blew everything trying to get Hanners right.

Hannebury is just one deal. It is not that important in the scheme of things. The issue is Saints have Hannebury deals scattered liberally throughout their history and in recent times. Taking on players that either have chronic injury issues, are well past their best and we are an offload option or have failed at 2 or 3 other clubs. The Hannebury trade is just another example of the shambolic approach to trading that St Kilda seems to have,

"You mean he actually WANTS to come to the Saints? Well let's pay him whatever he wants and who cares if his last kick in the AFL was 3 years ago. Get him onboard."

Hannebury is just one deal. It is not that important in the scheme of things. The issue is Saints have Hannebury deals scattered liberally throughout their history and in recent times. Taking on players that either have chronic injury issues, are well past their best and we are an offload option or have failed at 2 or 3 other clubs. The Hannebury trade is just another example of the shambolic approach to trading that St Kilda seems to have,

"You mean he actually WANTS to come to the Saints? Well let's pay him whatever he wants and who cares if his last kick in the AFL was 3 years ago. Get him onboard."
Hannerbury is one deal. But bringing in Hannerbury has brought us Jones as he was a huge factor.

Deal aside. He hasn’t got on the park. We also have a coach desperate for him. It’s embarrassing

O'Meara is a pretty sh*t trade too. He's never got back to as good as he was. Overpaying on him and Wingard haven't been good for them. They are doing their rebuild like us.

but they do have 3 premierships to their name lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back