Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it will be a simple deal to work out.
Pick 9 and next years 1st. Shake hands and get it done early so we can have a crack at other trades.
No point complicating it with other clubs. Geelong get him way under market value and we get better than compo.
I know we are all going around in circles, but I agree and suspect this will be pretty much the deal. Derr-Wayne Russell pretty much stated so, a week or so back. AFC will probably just be trying to get a fringe player (e.g. Horlin-Smith) thrown in (with maybe a round 3/round 4 pick heading back Geelong's way). This would mean a deal fairly comparable to the Beams trade last year.

Collingwood - 5, 25, Crisp
Brisbane - Beams, 67

Adelaide - 9, Geelong's Round 1 pick in 2016, H-Smith
Geelong - Dangerfield, pick 50 or 68

OK - trying to make a perfect deal. Let's see how it goes.

Adelaide want 2 first round picks and a first choice player.
Geelong want Dangerfield, Henderson & Zac Smith.
Gold Coast want.....who the **** knows but I'll have a go.
Port Adelaide want Dixon

Adelaide get: Pick 9 (from Geelong), pick 10 from Port Adelaide, Bennell & Gold Coast second pick ~22
Adelaide lose: Dangerfield, CEY & second round pick ~32

Geelong get: Dangerfield, Smith & Henderson
Geelong lose: Kolenjasnic, 2015 Pick 9, 2016 first & 2015 second round pick

Gold Coast get: Kolenjasnic, Geelong first round pick from 2016 & Adelaide second round pick ~32
Gold Coast lose: Bennell (Adelaide) Smith (Geelong) Dixon

Carlton get: CEY & a second round pick in 2015 from Geelong
Carlton lose: Henderson

Port Adelaide get: Dixon
Port Adelaide lose: pick 10
I like your chutzpah but Kolodjashnij has literally just been re-signed for a few years, would be pretty low to trade him off (and possibly less than legal?). Somewhat defeats the purpose of getting Henderson, too.

I think the real loser here is going to be Carlton. They are not going to get anything like what they want for Henderson because he was, in their words, about to be dropped from the worst team of 2015. Dangerfield at least is a top-five player so the cost for Geelong of missing out on him is quite real, Henderson's not really quite as vital.

I know we are all going around in circles, but I agree and suspect this will be pretty much the deal. Derr-Wayne Russell pretty much stated so, a week or so back. AFC will probably just be trying to get a fringe player (e.g. Horlin-Smith) thrown in (with maybe a round 3/round 4 pick heading back Geelong's way). This would mean a deal fairly comparable to the Beams trade last year.

Collingwood - 5, 25, Crisp
Brisbane - Beams, 67

Adelaide - 9, Geelong's Round 1 pick in 2016, H-Smith
Geelong - Dangerfield, pick 50 or 68
Except Crisp is ten times the player GHS is. Murdoch would be fairer

Except Crisp is ten times the player GHS is. Murdoch would be fairer
Crisp barely played a game before getting traded to Collingwood last year. His value has skyrocketed this year but he was probably valued lower than GHS this time last year when the Beams (Crisp) trade happened.

I like your chutzpah but Kolodjashnij has literally just been re-signed for a few years, would be pretty low to trade him off (and possibly less than legal?). Somewhat defeats the purpose of getting Henderson, too.

I think the real loser here is going to be Carlton. They are not going to get anything like what they want for Henderson because he was, in their words, about to be dropped from the worst team of 2015. Dangerfield at least is a top-five player so the cost for Geelong of missing out on him is quite real, Henderson's not really quite as vital.
Josh Walker for Henderson? Not ideal, but walker has looked good in patches.

I think it will be a simple deal to work out.
Pick 9 and next years 1st. Shake hands and get it done early so we can have a crack at other trades.
No point complicating it with other clubs. Geelong get him way under market value and we get better than compo.
But what's the compo value got to do with anything at all? Once we match, free agency has zero to do with anything.

Crisp barely played a game before getting traded to Collingwood last year. His value has skyrocketed this year but he was probably valued lower than GHS this time last year when the Beams (Crisp) trade happened.
Yeah, I would have thought Jack was more limp than crisp this time last year. Good on Collingwood for seeing the potential and running away with a trade steal.

Paying a first for henderson would have been crazy... like you said he wasnt even a good player in the worst team in the comp. Nit even sure why geelong are going so hard for him.

As has been pointed out many times here with regard to side deals, a trade has to be deemed as appropriate by the AFL.

Therefore, how would Geelong get away with paying significantly less than PD's worth in a trade?

If the crows match and trade with Geelong, any deal to move PD to Geelong needs to be close to market value, or else it will be vetoed by the AFL.

As has been pointed out many times here with regard to side deals, a trade has to be deemed as appropriate by the AFL.

Therefore, how would Geelong get away with paying significantly less than PD's worth in a trade?

If the crows match and trade with Geelong, any deal to move PD to Geelong needs to be close to market value, or else it will be vetoed by the AFL.
Good point!

But the query in all this is how dodgy the AFL are. They will get this player movement thru but who will they shaft in the process to make it happen if it gets to mediation…one guess :rolleyes:

With costs involved in terms of club operations and player development sky rocketing it is a massive blow for players to just walk out because they feel homesick. Could the AFL
Love this piece of exaggeration ...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-28/fyfe-does-it-in-style
Departing Danger leaves the Crows in style
After 154 games Patrick Dangerfield made the difficult decision to depart Adelaide, but the powerful midfielder couldn't have done any more to prove his love for the club in 2015. Less than a week after he was named All Australian for the third time, and two days after he won his first Malcolm Blight medal as the Crows' club champion, Dangerfield polled 22 Brownlow votes to finishsixth, one short of his previous best of 23 in 2012. Danger might be headed for Geelong – if his wishes are granted by all parties during the trade period – but Adelaide fans and everyone involved at the Crows should stand as one to applaud one of the finest individual seasons produced by anyone in the club's history.
Am I reading that right ... "one of the finest individual seasons produced by anyone in the club's history." WTF?

It was a good season. In reality though he had a good 6 weeks in the back half that pumped his tires up. Other than that he was good but not a sensational game breaker. I wouldn't put it in the same boat as some of the seasons Mark Riccuito, Darren Jarman, Andrew McLeod or Tony Modra had. I am not saying he was crap either but he finished lower than expected in the Brownlow. I would rate Betts ahead of Dangerfield this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With costs involved in terms of club operations and player development sky rocketing it is a massive blow for players to just walk out because they feel homesick. Could the AFL

It was a good season. In reality though he had a good 6 weeks in the back half that pumped his tires up. Other than that he was good but not a sensational game breaker. I wouldn't put it in the same boat as some of the seasons Mark Riccuito, Darren Jarman, Andrew McLeod or Tony Modra had. I am not saying he was crap either but he finished lower than expected in the Brownlow. I would rate Betts ahead of Dangerfield this season.
Not to mention some of the fine seasons by Goodwin, Edwards, Rehn etc. I honestly wouldn't have Dangerfield in the top 10 all time Crows.

Lower than expected by who? He polled 3 more votes than the AFL predictor.

really good point!!!!!!!!

maybe suggest this to the geelong board

Am I missing something? Why would Geelong let Danger go to the PSD just so they have to trade with someone else next year? Not only do they lose out on a year with him, but they're just delaying the inevitable. They're not going to get him for free from his new club unless they finish bottom of the ladder next year. Maybe that's their plan?

The threat of PSD isn't real because none of the three parties involved want that to happen.

Why are people still trying to to twist this situation.

Geelong offer 800K, we match, Geelong trade. If Mardi is pregnant theirs no way he's going to sign a 1 year contract with some other club just so he can go to Geelong next year.

Carlton are in the middle of a rebuild they aren't going to pay 1M just so they can have him for a year, he will end up at Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back