Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

He absolutely did say on 5AA that it was always either Geelong or the Crows, there was no other option which is as good as saying "I want to go to Geelong". This was in reference to another Vic club offering him 10mil/6 years.

Either way, between Gil inferring he knew where Danger would be playing and Danger telling the Crows a month ago.. this deal will be done amicably and no doubt both clubs will think they gave away too much/got ripped off.
I know - I'm not saying he is going elsewhere. I am saying he picked his words very very carefully. He did not straight say "I am going to Geelong" for a reason - he said he expected AFC and Geelong to work out a deal. I was using it as proof that the idea of him lashing out and saying "I'll go to another club on a 1 year deal" is idiotic.

I know - I'm not saying he is going elsewhere. I am saying he picked his words very very carefully. He did not straight say "I am going to Geelong" for a reason - he said he expected AFC and Geelong to work out a deal. I was using it as proof that the idea of him lashing out and saying "I'll go to another club on a 1 year deal" is idiotic.

Definitely no way he would do that. As much because he cares about his own legacy as that he is doing a decent thing.

Both Kennedy and Masten have been huge for the Eagles. I am looking at this whole trade very optimistically and I have no doubt Geelong and Adelaide will negotiate in a professional manner, as they did with the pick swap last season that benefited both clubs.
What would you consider the minimum we should accept?

what needs to be remembered is if we get compo then danger =compo in this scenario and this can't be considered in the side trade

ie so the deal above is Adelaide ins- pick 9 / + cockatoo or Gregson
outs pick 14/ mackay

that will never wash with AFL- why would geelong swap an earlier draft pick for a later one then also give us a highly rated 10 yr young gun for a lucky to be fringe Mackay

can't see a side deal happening especially with our tippet history

like the deal though!!!!!!!
The depressing thing is that I think you can actually argue that it makes sense. While Nakia is certainly a promising talent, his output this year was actually quite a bit less than a Knight or Cameron for us. He is still an unproven quantity.

MacKay on the other hand is a 144 game veteran with eight years experience, who was in the best 18 for the Crows in their semi-final loss against the Hawks. He is a much liked, well respected member of the playing group, as evidenced by his long term deal on not insignificant money. Geelong may feel that given the recent loss of so much experience he would be a good fit for a young squad in need of leadership.

Hence, Geelong feel that a slight downgrade on their first round pick, coupled with the loss of a promising, though yet unproven youngster, is worth the valuable experience they would bring in with MacKay.

I think that might provide the AFL with plausible deniability of anything dodgy going on...

Love this piece of exaggeration ...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-28/fyfe-does-it-in-style
Departing Danger leaves the Crows in style
After 154 games Patrick Dangerfield made the difficult decision to depart Adelaide, but the powerful midfielder couldn't have done any more to prove his love for the club in 2015. Less than a week after he was named All Australian for the third time, and two days after he won his first Malcolm Blight medal as the Crows' club champion, Dangerfield polled 22 Brownlow votes to finishsixth, one short of his previous best of 23 in 2012. Danger might be headed for Geelong – if his wishes are granted by all parties during the trade period – but Adelaide fans and everyone involved at the Crows should stand as one to applaud one of the finest individual seasons produced by anyone in the club's history.
Am I reading that right ... "one of the finest individual seasons produced by anyone in the club's history." WTF?

After 154 games Patrick Dangerfield made the difficult decision to depart Adelaide, but the powerful midfielder couldn't have done any more to prove his love for the club in 2015. Less than a week after he was named All Australian for the third time, and two days after he won his first Malcolm Blight medal as the Crows' club champion, Dangerfield polled 22 Brownlow votes to finishsixth, one short of his previous best of 23 in 2012. Danger might be headed for Geelong – if his wishes are granted by all parties during the trade period – but Adelaide fans and everyone involved at the Crows should stand as one to applaud one of the finest individual seasons produced by anyone in the club's history.
Am I reading that right ... "one of the finest individual seasons produced by anyone in the club's history." WTF?

"one of" makes it kind of hard to argue. One of how many? The top 200? Just a nothing "statement" really. Don't think anyone will remember the season he had in 3 years time, to be honest. Except himself.

Just looking.
Ricciuto 2003 - All Australian, b&f and Brownlow
McLeod 2001 - all Australian, b&f, AFLPA MVP & runner up brownlow

Just looking.
McLeod 2001 - all Australian, b&f, AFLPA MVP & runner up brownlow WHERE HE WAS TOTALLY ****ING ROBBED

ftfy

It irks me that McLeod is not a Brownlow medallist while Goodes is a dual Brownlow medallist. I am a Goodes fan, I think he was a amazing player ..... but I think McLeod was better, or at least on par. Every year the Brownlow has some controversy. Something needs to change.

Not really on topic with the thread but I had to get that out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I just thought it was little bit of fluff - but kind of disrespectful to past champions of our club.Some AFL commentators don't have very long memories I guess.
Me too hence I had a quick look.

Of the past 5 recipients of the b&f - danger, talia, Sloane, Thommo, Dougy - Sloane and Dougy the only 2 not to also make All Australian.
Which would suggest the 22 Brownlow votes is what makes it "one of the greatest performances" apparently.

Just looking.
McLeod 2001 - all Australian, b&f, AFLPA MVP & runner up brownlow

Still fithy to this day about this one:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. He dominates Freo in a 5 goal loss and can't scrounge a measly vote. Didn't one of the vote getters get like 8 touches or something?:rolleyes: He won an MVP which is voted by people with an actual clue though so that's something.

Still fithy to this day about this one:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. He dominates Freo in a 5 goal loss and can't scrounge a measly vote. Didn't one of the vote getters get like 8 touches or something?:rolleyes: He won an MVP which is voted by people with an actual clue though so that's something.
Its folklore now. Those umpires will forever be known as the 3 blind mice.

How about Ablett getting a vote to win it last year when shouldn't have. Something stinks with the Brownlow. Of that I am sure.

Pear fans have a definite point about the first Showdown this year. Danger 3 votes. Seriously? Hmmmmm.

I doubt this will be a standard deal. Will be very surprised if at least a 3rd club is not involved.

I think it will be a simple deal to work out.
Pick 9 and next years 1st. Shake hands and get it done early so we can have a crack at other trades.
No point complicating it with other clubs. Geelong get him way under market value and we get better than compo.

I think it will be a simple deal to work out.
Pick 9 and next years 1st. Shake hands and get it done early so we can have a crack at other trades.
No point complicating it with other clubs. Geelong get him way under market value and we get better than compo.

We will see. Even trades for crap players get very complicated. Nothing would surprise me. Would be very happy to see a simple deal as you said tho, one that looks fair for all.

We will see. Even trades for crap players get very complicated. Nothing would surprise me. Would be very happy to see a simple deal as you said tho, one that looks fair for all.

It is in the Crows best interest to make this deal happen quick..

Danger is worth 3 first rounders but we wont get it.
2 first rounders and maybe a swap of picks here or there..
And the Cats and Scott seem pretty impulsive with early trades done in past years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back