Dave Warner tea time incident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Proteas play within the spirit?
That be why they also have a player on the verge of suspension as well, have a captain who uses his zipper to ball tamper and served the Indians up with a legitimately dangerous wicket in Johannesburg?
Hansie Cronje played well within the spirit of the game.

I know it was about Warner's wife getting tapped by Sonny Bill in the loos but did De Kock say it to Warner directly?

Also does anyone know exactly what he said?

Obviously its crossing a line but how he said it could have made it worse i.e. if it was a subtly but witty remark it is bad but if it was just abusive and grotesque its even worse.

For some reason I thought he may have said it to his actual wife given she was at the ground but that would have been see ya later for quite a while from test cricket I guess.

I think I have the sledge, seems pretty believable.

Proteas play within the spirit?
That be why they also have a player on the verge of suspension as well, have a captain who uses his zipper to ball tamper and served the Indians up with a legitimately dangerous wicket in Johannesburg?

Whataboutism aside, I didn’t realise that a) Faf and co were curators in their spare time and that b) they didn’t have to play on that wicket. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t it Elgar - who was playing for South Africa and not India on this occasion - who got whacked in the face and copped more balls to the fingers than a rub-and-tug professional? Yeah, don’t think that really fits into the spirit of the game MO.

In other areas, you have a point.

I love Steve Smith trying to get the wicket microphones turned off..... Instead of doing the right thing and tell his players to pull their heads in. No wonder that he has a reputation of a petulant child and a weak captain.

That's just searching for a reason to be a *******. Who wants to hear "*" and you are a d-head in between balls? Smith has every right to ask for his players not to have be scared of saying something on the field.

I feel bad for Warner but hopefully he learns from this lesson. The whole thing has been brought on largely from his insecurities and reactions to it and this will likely follow him for quite some time.

The media is calling it vile but to many of those fans it is banter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whataboutism aside, I didn’t realise that a) Faf and co were curators in their spare time and that b) they didn’t have to play on that wicket. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t it Elgar - who was playing for South Africa and not India on this occasion - who got whacked in the face and copped more balls to the fingers than a rub-and-tug professional? Yeah, don’t think that really fits into the spirit of the game MO.

In other areas, you have a point.

Faf asked for the wicket. I doubt he wanted it that bad but if you ask for a deliberately underprepared wicket you share some of the responsibility.

Open slather!

What's Davey boy going to do ? Hurl abuse at anyone that dares pot shot his family ? :p

I'd gladly wear the shirt at the cricket!
Ummmm/ no.

Not open slather for the officials mate. Do you think James Sutherland would pose for photos with fans wearing Sonny Bill Masks?

And no, it's not open slather on his wife and two young daughters who were also at the game.

As expected they are asking the mask to be banned from the ground and are investigating the S.A for leaking the security footage.

What a bunch of sooks they can dish it out but can’t take it, it appears it’s ok to sledge a sister and mother but when it’s warner’s Precious wife it’s off limits.

Sook
Trolling?

His two young daughters that were at the ground are also apparently very sooky.

It's about time they learnt to put up with people wearing masks of rugby players that have tapped their mummy in a toilet cubicle.

Ummmm/ no.

Not open slather for the officials mate. Do you think James Sutherland would pose for photos with fans wearing Sonny Bill Masks?

And no, it's not open slather on his wife and two young daughters who were also at the game.

Hmmm I see it as officials taking photos with fans, regardless of their attire. Its not like they are dressed in KKK gear.

I'd gladly wear the shirt at the cricket!

If you're not a South African official, go for your life. Also take a bald cap so you can sling s**t at Nathan Lyon.

But these are officials are from the same cricket administration that played the victim card and then claimed to be above this type of s**t.

Now we know they're not.

If you're not a South African official, go for your life. Also take a bald cap so you can sling s**t at Nathan Lyon.

But these are officials are from the same cricket administration that played the victim card and then claimed to be above this type of s**t.

Now we know they're not.

Actually we've known for quite some time the standards they maintain. Game fixing, ball tampering now blatant sexism.

Well done Saffers!

Wouldn't be at all surprised if they do indeed keep KKK outfits in their wardrobe just in case things return to the good old times

Funniest thing about this drama, is that Warner is apparently a "key player" for Australia. Seriously? Bloke is a flat track bully (emphasis on the word bully) who can't average above 40 outside of Australia.

Hope Rabada knocks him over in the first over and the South Africans absolutely give it to him. Probably won't though. Unlike Davey, the Proteas play within the spirit of the game.

Cheering for Australia, but hope Davey fails miserably.

Averaging seventy six in South Africa, and has two half centuries to his name in three innings, reckon that makes him a key player in this series without a shadow of a doubt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back