Draft Expert Davo-27's 2021 u18 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ps just between me and you put Mattaes P a lot higher in your next years draft predictions. I would be very surprised if he is not in the first 3 taken from SA and could work his way to number 1 over here. Trust me you'll look a genius in 9 months time hahahahaha.
The numbers he put up in a bunch of games this year is absurd

How many 20+d 5+clearance 3+ goals games did he put in as a underager in the under 18’s? Had a heap of them from memory.

Has very good hands in marking contests. Is a very big lad and should be a monster when he gets into the system. I still have some questions over him but he could be an unreal talent if he develops well in his draft year.

there are concerns over Goaters kicking, but i look at a player like Dangerfield who also has issues with his kicking, but he also has speed, can create separation, strong in the contest, good mark overhead, these all balance out his horrible kicking at times, i mean Tom Mitchell is another example of horrible kicking yet, his work rate, accumulation, ability to find space in a phone box ect cancel out his horrible kicking at times, you could even make the case most of the top Brownlow Medallist chances this year have below average kicking. its because contested footy causes sloppy footy at times, i would rather a sloppy contested bull who wins you a final than a great kicking outside mid that relies on being fed the ball imo, although if you have the contested bull, the quality user on the outside can be a good complimenting player in your system.

Like Dangerfield, it’s when Goater tries to finesse his kick that he sometimes comes undone. Kicking over 30-40m doesn’t seem to be an issue.

The benefits of his efficiency by hand, clearance work and breakaway speed far outweigh his inconsistent kicking.

I would be stoked if Adelaide call his name, even at pick 4.

Like Dangerfield, it’s when Goater tries to finesse his kick that he sometimes comes undone. Kicking over 30-40m doesn’t seem to be an issue.

The benefits of his efficiency by hand, clearance work and breakaway speed far outweigh his inconsistent kicking.

I would be stoked if Adelaide call his name, even at pick 4.
You and me both brother! 🤞

Presume the first page is updated as time goes on.

No Angus Sheldrick in the top 50?

i like Sheldrick, he is just outside the top 50 from my PoV, but the fact he can turn it on in big games will probably have fans amongst clubs, he is probably in that group from 30-60 i just happen to have him just outside my top 50 atm, but he could easily be in it.

i like Sheldrick, he is just outside the top 50 from my PoV, but the fact he can turn it on in big games will probably have fans amongst clubs, he is probably in that group from 30-60 i just happen to have him just outside my top 50 atm, but he could easily be in it.
Is that an indicator of decent depth in this draft? Sheldrick projects as a pretty solid pick up.

Goater can't kick. I wouldn't touch with a first rounder.

I’m literally rewatching the VM vs VC game right now.

Sure his breakaway bursts are breathtaking… But the horrible kicking is probably even more eye catching.

Literally grubs the ball or misses the target by an absolute mile. Not sure he could hit the proverbial barn door 🎯

West Coast have plenty of midfielders who are nice kicks but struggle to win the contested ball without it being handed to them on a silver platter. You can be the nicest kick in the world, it really doesn’t matter if you can’t win the footy. He’s got traits that will translate well I think to today’s game.

Id be quite happy with him at West Coasts pick.

George Wardlaw in next years draft plays like a slimmer Clayton Oliver, which is exciting as Oliver has been my favourite mid to watch in the last 2 seasons.

George Wardlaw in next years draft plays like a slimmer Clayton Oliver, which is exciting as Oliver has been my favourite mid to watch in the last 2 seasons.
Seems more agile, same powerful nature and flys for more marks. Do you suspect Wardlaw will stay around the same height, as he is now 181?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think the top end of 2022 has potential to be more impressive than 2021, where we have JHF and Daicos with not much else at the top, but i think Ashcroft, Wardlaw, Tsatas and D'Aloia are i think comparable to JHF and Daicos, then you have Condon who is the closest thing to Luke Jackson since 2019 again out of WA, get excited for 2022 imo, then theres a handful of burst mids like Hewett and Clark ect who could also rise and the depth of draftable rucks goes from 2 this year to 10 next year, which for clubs looking for a ruck gives them plenty to choose from.

obviously things can change in the draft years, but i've been able to preview more talent in 2022 prior to the season compared to 2021 and so have more information and ideas of how these guys play than last year where some i had just purely on reputation.

i think the top end of 2022 has potential to be more impressive than 2021, where we have JHF and Daicos with not much else at the top, but i think Ashcroft, Wardlaw, Tsatas and D'Aloia are i think comparable to JHF and Daicos, then you have Condon who is the closest thing to Luke Jackson since 2019 again out of WA, get excited for 2022 imo, then theres a handful of burst mids like Hewett and Clark ect who could also rise and the depth of draftable rucks goes from 2 this year to 10 next year, which for clubs looking for a ruck gives them plenty to choose from.

obviously things can change in the draft years, but i've been able to preview more talent in 2022 prior to the season compared to 2021 and so have more information and ideas of how these guys play than last year where some i had just purely on reputation.
It will help that the under 18s in Victoria should go ahead next year and players like Ashcroft and Fletcher from a Lions POV could get games at VFL level as well

As an Eagles fan I think loading up on mids this year then getting a ruckman with a top 20 pick next year makes perfect sense. Why overpay for a ruckman/key forward this year when there are so many more in 2022?

As an Eagles fan I think loading up on mids this year then getting a ruckman with a top 20 pick next year makes perfect sense. Why overpay for a ruckman/key forward this year when there are so many more in 2022?

i think theres similar amounts of KPF this year to next year, its just that theres a lot more Ruckman that look good next year, the top tier mids are about the same number from what i can tell, even though it is early and things change as we saw with guys like Braden Andrews this year and some talent having injury issues, so its hard to make a accurate call as some players we think will be top 30 will drop out, in years gone past its because they have shirked physical contact or had a bad attitude or something which are major red flags for longevity.

It will help that the under 18s in Victoria should go ahead next year and players like Ashcroft and Fletcher from a Lions POV could get games at VFL level as well

im sure there will be shut downs in winter for whatever reason, i just expect it at this stage, so i will be pleasantly surprised if there is no interruptions.

At the very least players will be regularly missing games due to catching COVID.
Certainly possible unfortunately but that maybe the norm for many years to come sadly. Hopefully the cases are no worse than a mild flue. You just hope it won’t put half the team out at once.

At the very least players will be regularly missing games due to catching COVID.
Will be interesting to see if the various states have different rules.

I’m pretty sure the QLD government has said, once we open up, that anyone who contracts covid, plus their household members, will have to home quarantine while they are infectious.

State to State Best Performers at the highest levels imo

South Australia: - got soundly beaten in all 3 games against WA, even though the scores werent blow outs, there was a clear difference in talent and depth from WA, some of the SA guys who got hyped earlier in the season were really poor and uncompetitive, the best from the series whether it was 1 or 3 games were imo...

Top 30 possibles:

NWM - was a star for SA in every game and was arguably the best in every game, raised his profile from a pick in the 30/40's where i had him and some didnt even have him in their lists, to now likely first rounder and possible top 10, also was big in the state trials last year and this year, seeming to step up in big games at every opportunity

JHF - had the 1 game, struggled to impact in the midfield, but then moved forward and started to influence the 1 game he had off of half forw, setting up shots at goal and i think he kicked 1 himself. had a good SANFL finals series and staked a claim to be the clear pick 1 on draft night.

Roberts - also had a good series, but his lack of athleticism and decision making, also the fact he was not played midfield and had little to no influence in there devalued his performances a little and now he is likely to slide out of the top 10 and maybe even the first round.

(D'Aloia made a huge difference in game 2 and 3 - 2022 talent to keep an eye out for, Lemmey and Michaelanny also showed some talent for 2022)

other SA Talent that i think proved their worth, Rayson (great runs off of half back), Ferres (worked hard as one of few tallish forwards who won their position for SA), Linke (had 2 good games in the midfield after being left out of game 1 i think it was?), Burgoyne (played an ok role off hbf/wing linking with NWM), Draper (injured in game 2, played ok in game 1 and was looking good in game 2 before injury hit), Beecken (had a good game and decent series overall, could be a medium def option)

players from SA i think hurt their reputation and possible draft chances - Hugh Jackson, Blayne O'Loughlin and Hugh Stagg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Western Australia: - dominant performances in all areas by WA and they did it without Erasmus missing all 3 games and Amiss for only a game before hurting a knee early in game 2.

Top 30 possibles:

Erasmus - didnt play the series, but looks a great prospect whether it be off half forward or in the midfield where he can create space and deliver into the forward line, fantastic mark for a medium sized player

Amiss - played the 1 game and a bit, kicked a fantastic goal from the boundary 40m out on the run off the left peg, text book leading patterns and strong in the contest, has had a great year kicking over 50 goals in Colts and another couple dozen in state and practice games

Johnson - had a couple of really good games to put his name up there, proving he has what it takes to play good footy in the midfield under contested situations, was one of the better skilled players especially in game 1, lacks a bit of speed, but makes up for it in decision making and quality disposal.

JVR - played CHB for the most part and was a wall in defence, with spoils, intercepts and drive from defence, he floated forward to kick the winner in game 2 and generally used his athleticism to good affect, also had an outstanding Colts GF in the first quarter and having a few good moments after kicking 3 in the first quarter

Dittmar - was a powerhouse in midfield, not only winning clearances and giving WA momentum, but also tackling hard and doing the defensive duties in midfield, got pushed into the forward line in game 2 and didnt really have an affect before going back into the midfield and influencing the comeback for WA, i rate him higher than most and i genuinely think he is worthy of a top 30 pick

Browne - a player who played a really solid inside/outside game, winning the ball in the coalface, but also providing run and carry, he won plenty of poss, most of his disposals were short, if he had taken more risks and tried to set up more open play he might have performed better?, i really like him and i think he is an outside chance to be top 30, probably more likely to go mid draft though from the Bigfooty Phantom Drafts PoV.

(Hagan, Gilbey, Bevan and Broadbent had good games in the WA V SA series for 2022)

other WA Talent that i think proved their worth, Tunstill (similar game style to Browne, was a bit more brave with his kicking), Sheldrick (tough and strong inside mid, big game player, had a great Colts GF performance as well), Bazzo (had a great series as Full Back, beat most of his opponents and intercepted well), Hough (played well as either forward or wing, not the most impactful player, but has some talent and came from nowhere), Jones (had 2 quality games in the series and put his name in draft calculations) Regan, Benning, Woewodin and Chipper also had good series

players i think hurt their reputation and possible draft chances - Jack Williams

i will do a Victorian and Allies run down soon.

Last edited:
well theres not much to report on the Allies other than players like Josh Fahey (GWS A) who performed at a very high level against Geelong VFL and in the handful of games he played earlier in the year, then theres the athletic and exciting Sam Banks from Tasmania who provides good run and carry from defence and has shown he can play midfield well, its just unfortunate he hurt his wrist and then the season fell apart like it did, Uwland has been prelisted to GCS list already, Bella is in the open pool for a rookie chance? maybe some guys around the Murray region like Toby Murray could get peoples attention at draft time? and Fejo Jnr has some fans with his agility off half back

Vic Metro: - the dominant team in the u16's showed against Vic Country they were the team to beat if there was a carnival and i think WA had the talent to put it to them, but their accuracy at goal would have let them down imo and hypothetically Vic Metro would have won this championships imo as a neutral perspective.

Top 30 possibilities:

Daicos - has the uncanny ability to rack up poss on the inside feeding players or getting clearances, against Country and Geelong VFL he showed he wasnt infallible showing a few kinks to his armour by not tackling or missing a target or leaving too much to a team mate, maybe over estimating what they were capable of, he is an amazing kick at goal for a midfielder, reminds me of Shane Crawford back in the day, when he had a shot at goal i just assumed he would kick it he was that reliable.

Darcy - started the season as an unknown, then had an average game at first for Oakleigh, the 2nd game i saw which was delayed he dominated the air off half back(CHB), he then went away for Private School Footy and averaged 5 goals a game over a month of footy, he then returned to playing good footy at Oakleigh and most importantly Vic Metro Trials where he kicked 6 and 4 i believe? then kicked 2 goals in a bit of a quieter game in the Challenge game, but by then he had already shown enough potential with his performances, height and athleticism.

Callaghan - a player that can find room where not many others can, has good speed, run and carry, but also the best component of agility on field in this draft, his disposal has also been quite good and showed an ability to play inside mid and burst away from packs that got many people excited by the possibilities, the only criticism was that his Geelong VFL performance was very basic and he didnt seem to be playing with any confidence as well as missing the Challenge game so he doesnt have any big game performance you can bank on which is a slight concern

Ward - i liked his games for Northern earlier in the year, but played 2nd fiddle to Ned Long, then when he was given more responsibility as the season went on, really started to show more contested inside footy to add to his run and carry which is a staple of his game, for me was equal best with Goater in the VM Challenge game which really boosted his profile and now has him as a top 10 likely draftee

Goater - i had not seen any of Calders games early which put me behind the 8-ball when it came to Calder talent, but by the time the challenge game came around i was starting to like Goater and Taylor more, although im not as on board with Taylor as some are, Goater i think has a dynamic game style, similar to Sinn and Callaghan who can just fly away from a pack like they have boosters attached to their boots, some queries on his kicking, but i think most players that run as hard as they do usually are sloppy kicks whilst running at full pace, he could definitely use skills work, but he has something special about his game like i think most of the 1st round do

Sinn - a player who had huge wraps and i was expecting to see him cut teams open as a winger and maybe kick bags of goals which he is capable of, but most of the season he spent time off half back with easy poss and not really playing to a standard i would hope/expect of his talents, Callaghan outshun him at club level ect, i didnt like his Vic Metro Challenge Game performance and for Sandringham i thought he had a couple stinkers, which really had me doubt his top 10 credentials, i think he has some serious weapons(speed, long kick, can be a goal kicker) but never had the confidence to put them on show this year in between injury and bad performances, others just went past him tbh.

Owens - saints NGA unless taken top 20, seems likely to go top 20, he has a certain mania to his footy, i had made note of him being a top 6 or so player for Sandringham earlier in the year when i heard nothing about him, but he soon became more noticeable and his Challenge Game was wonderful, i have him as a 2nd rounder, but i can see why a club would reach for him as he could be a good investment with the right attitude and mentals

Long - a very strongly built tall midfielder, think Ollie Wines size, great contested mark and kick for goal, won a lot of contests in the middle then floated forward in the 2nd half of games and average 2-3 goals a game, unfortunately got injured like so many quality players this year so we didnt see how he could influence the state games.

Soligo - a player that doesnt get much recognition and is mostly seen as Sonsie's partner at eastern ranges, but i really liked his Challenge Game and i think it raised his profile enough to push for a top 30 chance possibly, i know he isnt the flavour of the month like some are on bigfooty, but he has performance and speed as an outside mid

Sonsie - a player i was excited to see as he had been fantastic in 2019 as a half forward flanker and part time mid, but the more i saw of his mid game the less i liked, the Geelong VFL game really highlighted something i had been seeing for a couple of weeks prior and that was that he seemed to be hanging out the side of packs looking for a handball receive and doing no defensive work or ball winning of his own, also when he was being fed the footy, he wasnt using the footy in good ways or making good decisions, he also ducked a marking opportunity late in the last quarter when no one was near him, jumping at shadows, which on top of everything else was insult to injury, he then got injured a couple of weeks later, so i think he is a good half forw based on his 2019 form, but his midfield craft is a bit of a concern, his outside game is ok, but he lacks a bit of speed for a smaller guy and his goal kicking is actually quite good, going along with his half forward play

Wilmot - i have loved watching his intercepting half back play for Northern Knights this season, he along with Charlie Molan are the most exciting half backs i think in Vic this season, had an average game for Vic Metro in the Challenge Game, but i think i saw half a dozen Northern Games where he shun as a talent

Taylor - small accumulator inside mid, had an ok Challenge Game, seems to get the ball out the back and kick the ball on angles going forward, i think the talk of him going top 30 is a bit too high, but he has his fans on bigfooty mainly because a few people have said he is an elite kick of the footy, which i dont think he is, but you know how hyperbole is when draft time nears and how the public love eating that stuff up.

other VM Talent that i think proved their worth, Rankin (always competitive mid/flanker, ok in challenge game and for Oakleigh), Curtis (played well for VM in the challenge game with 3 goals and a good small forw for Western Jets), Windhager (if he didnt recently get injured again, this winger might have gone top 20 and ruined the saints chances of getting both NGA's this year), Caminiti (didnt see him this year but plenty have him going in phantom? so thought i would mention him even though he is a blind spot for me), Howes (i have been disappointed by Howes for most of the season, was poor as a forward for the first month of the season, was poor in the Vic Metro Challenge Game, apparently had a couple of ok wing games for Sandringham)

i'll do Vic Country later...

Last edited:
Vic Country: - played Vic Metro and lost convincingly even though they had a solid team on paper and some good depth which shows how strong Vic Metro were this year

Top 30 possibilities:

Hobbs - i know this could be a controversial opinion, but i think Hobbs could be the better inside mid out of him and Daicos(he also has great leadership and interviews well), there have been some queries on speed ect, but his testing says otherwise and he passes the eye test when it comes to speed(he is also a lot tougher than Daicos), he could be the all important engine room clearance mid or the mid that sets up clearances to be more accurate for a team looking to rebuild, was one of the best for Vic Country in their challenge game too.

Rachele - was dominant in 2019 as a half forward being one of if not the best player for Murray, but after 2020 where no games were played and the addition of the bigger bodies of 19 year olds in 2021, he was not as impressive, although his disposal is still top quality and his ability to impact games is still there it was overall disappointing, some clubs are looking at taking him top 10 because they like the qualities he could bring and was so dominant as an underager for Murray and Vic Country, was also one of the best for Vic Country in the challenge game and kicked a monster goal for AFL Academy V Geelong VFL

Knevitt - tall inside mid with great hands in tight and whilst being tackled, doesnt look athletic on field but has impressive combine results, just a smart tall inside mid with a lot of scope to improve, was also one of the best for Vic Country in the challenege game and averaged some big numbers for Geelong prior to the season falling apart

Gibcus - a tall athletic KPD, can go missing at times, can intercept when the ball is in his zone and can defend a tall target like he did on Darcy after he kicked a couple in the challenge game and kept him relatively quiet, although it was more about Vic Metro's targets inside f50 than great defence at times, he is a decent KPD, but seems to get more credit than he deserves imo

Conway - the best ruck ahead of Andrew in the draft pool, i know unpopular opinion but its true, rucked ahead of Andrew who was part time forw part time ruck and was erratic in form, this guy reminds me of a young Big Boy McEvoy but gets very little love as the clear best ruck in the draft pool imo, was one of the best for Vic Country in the challenge game also.

MacDonald - accumulator inside mid for dandenong, has great numbers and plays well to the eye test, was one i noticed early, but was a bit cautious about as i hadnt seen him perform at the state games or in big games yet, but after seeing his performance as one of the best for Vic Country in the challenge game i went all in on him and i think he is the perfect bargain get in the 2nd round

Andrew - very athletic raw ruck, has some moments of special potential, but reminds me of Mabior Chol for Richmond where he would do something special then go through the motions for the rest of the game, interviews well and seems very smart, also has put on 10kgs apparently over the break so he is working on building himself up and if he can find that consistency of effort might be a gem, had a good game for Vic Country in the challenge game.

Molan - had a great game off of half back in 2019 which made me interested to see how he would do in 2021, started slow and i wasnt quite sure about his draft potential until the state games came along and i was convinced, he put in a good game for Vic Country and actually played better for Country than he did for GWV which is a good sign to see a player play better at a higher level

Brown - another half back that is getting a lot of attention for being a non aligned father-son to cat Paul and having great athletic traits at the pre-season combine. i liked him without thinking he was great, relies more on his athleticism than on his footy iq, being talked up a bit higher than i think he should go

Chesser - one of those players that performs better with space, looked fantastic in the u16's champs, but really struggled to find the footy in the u18's challenge game and i think that hurt his prospects a bit, but could still find a place in the top 30 based on athletic traits, good interview ability and potential, saw him play a good game for Sandringham earlier in the year, but overall his 2021 was plagued by injury and poor form.

Clarke - after kicking 6 in the trials there was a lot expected of Judson Clarke, but he really fizzled out in the challenge game hardly getting into the game let alone kicking goals or setting up team mates, played a solid year for Dandenong with his flashy yellow boots, but really is an on again off again player, performance dependant on a particular week(skillful but inconsistent)

Butler - didnt play the challenge game, i saw him for GWV and i remember thinking he went ok, but not really good enough to be talked about as a draft talent, then saw him pop up in some Cal Twomey lists and i was like huh? ok? maybe?, still not really sold along with a couple of others on Cal Twomeys list, then i looked into his stats to see if there was something the eye test missed and other than him having a brother that plays AFL, he has really unimpressive stats for a mid/forw, averages 17 disposals, 3 marks, 5 tackles, 7 goals in 9 games, really underwhelming numbers in the NAB League, but he is a decent player to the eye test, just not that good from my PoV, but hey he could develop so best of luck to him(has speed which some clubs love).

other VC Talent that i think proved their worth, C.Hamilton (playing off half back, seems tough and skillful), Morrison (one of the better KPD in the draft pool without the hype of others), Bergman (have not really liked his play much, here because of the hype around him) Lohmann (didnt play the challenge game but has great athletic traits and can play),

Last edited:
Vic Country: - played Vic Metro and lost convincingly even though they had a solid team on paper and some good depth which shows how strong Vic Metro were this year

Top 30 possibilities:

Hobbs - i know this could be a controversial opinion, but i think Hobbs could be the better inside mid out of him and Daicos(he also has great leadership and interviews well), there have been some queries on speed ect, but his testing says otherwise and he passes the eye test when it comes to speed(he is also a lot tougher than Daicos), he could be the all important engine room clearance mid or the mid that sets up clearances to be more accurate for a team looking to rebuild, was one of the best for Vic Country in their challenge game too.

Rachele - was dominant in 2019 as a half forward being one of if not the best player for Murray, but after 2020 where no games were played and the addition of the bigger bodies of 19 year olds in 2021, he was not as impressive, although his disposal is still top quality and his ability to impact games is still there it was overall disappointing, some clubs are looking at taking him top 10 because they like the qualities he could bring and was so dominant as an underager for Murray and Vic Country, was also one of the best for Vic Country in the challenge game and kicked a monster goal for AFL Academy V Geelong VFL

Knevitt - tall inside mid with great hands in tight and whilst being tackled, doesnt look athletic on field but has impressive combine results, just a smart tall inside mid with a lot of scope to improve, was also one of the best for Vic Country in the challenege game and averaged some big numbers for Geelong prior to the season falling apart

Gibcus - a tall athletic KPD, can go missing at times, can intercept when the ball is in his zone and can defend a tall target like he did on Darcy after he kicked a couple in the challenge game and kept him relatively quiet, although it was more about Vic Metro's targets inside f50 than great defence at times, he is a decent KPD, but seems to get more credit than he deserves imo

Conway - the best ruck ahead of Andrew in the draft pool, i know unpopular opinion but its true, rucked ahead of Andrew who was part time forw part time ruck and was erratic in form, this guy reminds me of a young Big Boy McEvoy but gets very little love as the clear best ruck in the draft pool imo, was one of the best for Vic Country in the challenge game also.

MacDonald - accumulator inside mid for dandenong, has great numbers and plays well to the eye test, was one i noticed early, but was a bit cautious about as i hadnt seen him perform at the state games or in big games yet, but after seeing his performance as one of the best for Vic Country in the challenge game i went all in on him and i think he is the perfect bargain get in the 2nd round

Andrew - very athletic raw ruck, has some moments of special potential, but reminds me of Mabior Chol for Richmond where he would do something special then go through the motions for the rest of the game, interviews well and seems very smart, also has put on 10kgs apparently over the break so he is working on building himself up and if he can find that consistency of effort might be a gem, had a good game for Vic Country in the challenge game.

Molan - had a great game off of half back in 2019 which made me interested to see how he would do in 2021, started slow and i wasnt quite sure about his draft potential until the state games came along and i was convinced, he put in a good game for Vic Country and actually played better for Country than he did for GWV which is a good sign to see a player play better at a higher level

Brown - another half back that is getting a lot of attention for being a non aligned father-son to cat Paul and having great athletic traits at the pre-season combine. i liked him without thinking he was great, relies more on his athleticism than on his footy iq, being talked up a bit higher than i think he should go

Chesser - one of those players that performs better with space, looked fantastic in the u16's champs, but really struggled to find the footy in the u18's challenge game and i think that hurt his prospects a bit, but could still find a place in the top 30 based on athletic traits, good interview ability and potential, saw him play a good game for Sandringham earlier in the year, but overall his 2021 was plagued by injury and poor form.

Clarke - after kicking 6 in the trials there was a lot expected of Judson Clarke, but he really fizzled out in the challenge game hardly getting into the game let alone kicking goals or setting up team mates, played a solid year for Dandenong with his flashy yellow boots, but really is an on again off again player, performance dependant on a particular week(skillful but inconsistent)

Butler - didnt play the challenge game, i saw him for GWV and i remember thinking he went ok, but not really good enough to be talked about as a draft talent, then saw him pop up in some Cal Twomey lists and i was like huh? ok? maybe?, still not really sold along with a couple of others on Cal Twomeys list, then i looked into his stats to see if there was something the eye test missed and other than him having a brother that plays AFL, he has really unimpressive stats for a mid/forw, averages 17 disposals, 3 marks, 5 tackles, 7 goals in 9 games, really underwhelming numbers in the NAB League, but he is a decent player to the eye test, just not that good from my PoV, but hey he could develop so best of luck to him(has speed which some clubs love).

other VC Talent that i think proved their worth, C.Hamilton (playing off half back, seems tough and skillful), Morrison (one of the better KPD in the draft pool without the hype of others), Bergman (have not really liked his play much, here because of the hype around him) Lohmann (didnt play the challenge game but has great athletic traits and can play),
I genuinely think your stream of consciousness write up style is the most informative, love it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back