List Mgmt. Dean Kent - 3 year deal to St.Kilda for pick 65.

Remove this Banner Ad

The moral ‘aints :D

(Seriously I do)

Well we’re not as precious as Norf over your nickname anyway.

Not too long ago every time we referred to them as Norf on here it corrected to the North Melbourne Football club.
Someone must have had a whinge.

Don’t mind the Dreamons too much either ;)

Here's what a kid who must have been 8 at the time said about Kent before he was drafted in 2012.

#82 Port Adelaide (Via Adelaide) – Dean Kent (WA – Fwd/Mid)
Height: 180cm, Weight: 81kg, DOB: 24/02/1994
Recruited from: Perth
Style:
Player comparison: Alex Fasolo
Range: 30-rookie
Profile: Very unlucky not to make the WA state squad. Powerful inside ball and is a big time clearance player who shines at stoppages. Inside work is just so effective and can be a serious difference maker with some of his inside work. Kent is a big time accumulator and getting is better as the season goes. Kicking ability very good and has some penetration and hurt factor but is very kick happy. Seems to have some selfishness in his play but that in no way takes away from the quality of his play.

Here's what a kid who must have been 8 at the time said about Kent before he was drafted in 2012.

#82 Port Adelaide (Via Adelaide) – Dean Kent (WA – Fwd/Mid)
Height: 180cm, Weight: 81kg, DOB: 24/02/1994
Recruited from: Perth
Style:
Player comparison: Alex Fasolo
Range: 30-rookie
Profile: Very unlucky not to make the WA state squad. Powerful inside ball and is a big time clearance player who shines at stoppages. Inside work is just so effective and can be a serious difference maker with some of his inside work. Kent is a big time accumulator and getting is better as the season goes. Kicking ability very good and has some penetration and hurt factor but is very kick happy. Seems to have some selfishness in his play but that in no way takes away from the quality of his play.
plays like Fasolo. prophetic...

Nahhh

2013 8 Disposals and a goal.
2016 10 Disposals and a goal. and 18 disposals and a behind.
That's the only times he played us.
Gets more of the ball than Lonie but doesn't score as much.
So do we now have Mav, Kent, Lonie, Gresh and Billings competing for the same spot?

Yeah this spud has replaced mav, a real nothing pick, but we won’t see him much as he is constantly injured..

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

23sxd0i.jpg

I hope they rated him higher than we did freeman or we have got another dud

They liked him but talked about this mystical figure who would lead them to the promised land but he was never in the side. They did rate him as he was quick etc but it was always in what he might be rather than actually was. There was always a counting him in the guys who could come in at some point and make a difference with some injury luck. I spoke to one Dees mate the other day and he's not too worried now they made finals and even not too worried about Hogan going.

Could be anything but needs to get his body right.

Take this FWIW.

My trainer who was a VFL player and still has a lot to do with football is a Melbourne supporter.
Having a chat after training about Hogan and May, he said he was really unhappy they traded Kent and reckons it was the trade of the draft
Fast, hard at it, over his hammy's, and would have been in the first 18 if he didn't go his shoulder (apparently he did that while attacking the ball in a contest).
As I said, a view from a knowledgeable football person who is a Melbourne supporter.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Take this FWIW.

My trainer who was a VFL player and still has a lot to do with football is a Melbourne supporter.
Having a chat after training about Hogan and May, he said he was really unhappy they traded Kent and reckons it was the trade of the draft
Fast, hard at it, over his hammy's, and would have been in the first 18 if he didn't go his shoulder (apparently he did that while attacking the ball in a contest).
As I said, a view from a knowledgeable football person who is a Melbourne supporter.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If only...Yada yada..

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good to have 25 back in the forward line, hopefully he plays like a short Barry Hall!
And despite talk to the contrary he does seem to be training with the forwards so he won’t be more of a midfielder with us after all...

And despite talk to the contrary he does seem to be training with the forwards so he won’t be more of a midfielder with us after all...
Both Lethers and the banker have said he’s been brought in to bring speed and power to the forward line.

Was it Kent who was tearing us a new one in a game a couple of years ago? I know Harmes has a bit, but I seem to remember Kent carving us up and kicking goals. Hope it was him! Was too fast and just ran virtually into open goals.

That's twice someone has suggested this.
He's never kicked more than 1 goal on us. He did get 18 disposals and 3 goal assists one game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back