Death Riding Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

No. I’m wondering if you’ve seen us play before? Talia and Laird are AA quality, Brown rarely gets beaten, Kelly is a bull and Hartigan’s athelticsm has completely shut down the likes of Robbie Gray. Keith is an up and coming youngster with considerable talent.
That is a very glass half full way to look at it.

The way I see it is that Brown is a liability who regularly gets moved from player to player during games after being beaten. Offers nothing offensively. Almost a liability, can't beleive he escapes critisim.

Keath is a lockdown type who is neither an accomplished one on one player nor a quality ball user.

Kelly is a battler, I like his aggression, but is not a player who is known for his kicking skills. Nor is he an accomplished one on one player

Talia is one of the best lockdown players in the comp but offers zero offensively

Hartigan got shown up badly in the gf. Good one on one but the pressure will mount with no Smith and lever and his skills will be shown up as they were in the GF

Laird is a gun

Gibbs can go down back, but your transition from defence will not resemble what it did last year. It will be slow, which was the problem in the GF.

That's exactly where I see us. Will push a lot of teams, but will lose games from winning positions, won't show up some weeks etc. Will be a finals smokey until late in the season but will fade.

Crows defence to me looks flat. Without Brodie Smith and Lever there is no spark back there. Laird is a beast but the other 5 either play it safe with ball in hand or worse.

No pace, no intercept marking, not a strong indication there will be aggressive rebound unless a quick from up the feild is moved down back.

You talk like you think your opinion is highly regarded

That is a very glass half full way to look at it.

The way I see it is that Brown is a liability who regularly gets moved from player to player during games after being beaten. Offers nothing offensively. Almost a liability, can't beleive he escapes critisim.

Keath is a lockdown type who is neither an accomplished one on one player nor a quality ball user.

Kelly is a battler, I like his aggression, but is not a player who is known for his kicking skills. Nor is he an accomplished one on one player

Talia is one of the best lockdown players in the comp but offers zero offensively

Hartigan got shown up badly in the gf. Good one on one but the pressure will mount with no Smith and lever and his skills will be shown up as they were in the GF

Laird is a gun

Gibbs can go down back, but your transition from defence will not resemble what it did last year. It will be slow, which was the problem in the GF.
Brown regularly gets moved during games after being beaten? Can you provide some example games of this please?

That's exactly where I see us. Will push a lot of teams, but will lose games from winning positions, won't show up some weeks etc. Will be a finals smokey until late in the season but will fade.

Crows defence to me looks flat. Without Brodie Smith and Lever there is no spark back there. Laird is a beast but the other 5 either play it safe with ball in hand or worse.

No pace, no intercept marking, not a strong indication there will be aggressive rebound unless a quick from up the feild is moved down back.
Kelly is as good as Lever in intercept marking. Have you even watched us play? o_O

Brown regularly gets moved during games after being beaten? Can you provide some example games of this please?

Luke Breust kicked 4 goals on him in the first quarter of 2015 final. Brown got moved

Was moved off dusty in the GF after being beaten easily

Was moved off Robbie gray in 2016 second showdown after being turned inside out.

Ffs I even remember him being moved off Troy Menzel after being led a merry dance in 2015.

There are many many examples

If you don't notice this then you must not know your players very well

Last edited:
Kelly is as good as Lever in intercept marking. Have you even watched us play? o_O

I didn't say he wasn't?? I said he's not known for his kicking skills and he's not a noted one on one player. His kicking is actually poor when he tries to move the ball forward quickly

Luke Breust kicked 4 goals on him in the first quarter of 2015 final. Brown got moved

Was moved off Robbie grey in 2016 second showdown after being turned inside out

Ffs I even remember him being moved off Troy Menzel after being led a merry dance.

So by regularly you mean once a year even if your accurate with the games you mentioned.

As for Brown on Martin, that’s just a poor match up, Brown plays on small forwards, not big bodied mids resting, besides Martin pretty much cleaned everyone up last year.

Let’s have a look at the stats though, standing the comps best small forwards every week, in 2017 he conceded 1.2 goals a game and in 2015 0.7. 2016 he was hampered by groin injury for much the year.

Offering nothing offensively? In 2017 he ranked 4th at the club for rebound 50s at 80% disposal efficiency.

If you want to come on here as a flog, fine, but at least know what you are talking about. But it’s clear you are a ********, do you not realise this or don’t you care and enjoy it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was moved off Robbie gray in 2016 second showdown after being turned inside out.

Ffs I even remember him being moved off Troy Menzel after being led a merry dance in 2015.

There are many many examples

Robbie Gray kicked 2 goals that game. Sure he got 27 touches but I hardly think he got them playing deep in the forward line. I think you’re making stuff up.

I also very much doubt he got moved off of bruest in the 2015 final when the whole team was s**t. It’s not like it’s a shock that a defender gets beaten when your midfield isn’t performing. You’re a Carlton supporter, you should know that.

Robbie Gray kicked 2 goals that game. Sure he got 27 touches but I hardly think he got them playing deep in the forward line. I think you’re making stuff up.

I also very much doubt he got moved off of bruest in the 2015 final when the whole team was s**t. It’s not like it’s a shock that a defender gets beaten when your midfield isn’t performing. You’re a Carlton supporter, you should know that.
If I recall, I’m pretty sure Gray played in the middle for at least the second half of that game.

I’m also pretty sure against Menzel it was a weird match up like Pods on him who was beaten.

So by regularly you mean once a year even if your accurate with the games you mentioned.

As for Brown on Martin, that’s just a poor match up, Brown plays on small forwards, not big bodied mids resting, besides Martin pretty much cleaned everyone up last year.

Let’s have a look at the stats though, standing the comps best small forwards every week, in 2017 he conceded 1.2 goals a game and in 2015 0.7. 2016 he was hampered by groin injury for much the year.

Offering nothing offensively? In 2017 he ranked 4th at the club for rebound 50s at 80% disposal efficiency.

If you want to come on here as a flog, fine, but at least know what you are talking about. But it’s clear you are a ********, do you not realise this or don’t you care and enjoy it?

Are you serious?! I just gave you a few examples off the top of my head! If you can't see Brown being beaten and moved regularly, then I'm afraid you don't know what you are watching! His weak effort against heeney in the 2016 final literally set the tone of that game!

Brown's constantly making a mess of things and it seemingly goes unnoticed. Not surprising from the leagues most bias supporters..

Gray turning brown inside out for a snap goal on the boundary? Recall? Gray playing deep on Brown late in the third quarter nearly swung the game.

Go watch the first quarter of that hawks game, Bruest basically set up the win on Brown

Are you serious?! I just gave you a few examples off the top of my head! If you can't see Brown being beaten and moved regularly, then I'm afraid you don't know what you are watching! His weak effort against heeney in the 2016 final literally set the tone that game!

Brown's constantly making a mess of things and it seemingly goes unnoticed. Not surprising from the leagues most bias supporters..
And the examples you’ve provided are dodgy.

How do you explain his excellent results for goals kicked against? Funny those stats reflect my memories of Brown from watching every game, he plays on the oppositions best small forward every week and 9/10 holds his own. Sure he gets beaten but that’s very rare, not regularly as you put it.

You don’t answer my last question, do you enjoy being a ********?

If I recall, I’m pretty sure Gray played in the middle for at least the second half of that game.

I’m also pretty sure against Menzel it was a weird match up like Pods on him who was beaten.

How many 'weird matchups' are there for Brown?!

He's got one role in the side, shut down medium and small forwards, but you guys make excuses for him when he gets beaten!

And the examples you’ve provided are dodgy.

How do you explain his excellent results for goals kicked against? Funny those stats reflect my memories of Brown from watching every game, he plays on the oppositions best small forward every week and 9/10 holds his own. Sure he gets beaten but that’s very rare, not regularly as you put it.

You don’t answer my last question, do you enjoy being a ********?

Because he gets moved as soon as he's being beaten.. hence my point..

Gray turning brown inside out for a snap goal on the boundary? Recall? Gray playing deep on Brown late in the third quarter nearly swung the game.

Go watch the first quarter of that hawks game, Bruest basically set up the win on Brown
Gray kicked 1 goal in the second half of that game, you are making s**t up.

Transition from defence is the big question mark for me this year without Smithers and Leaver. I’m hoping someone fills those roles but it’s a concern. Leaver was good with ball in hand, capable of pulling off that risky 45 degree kick and opening the middle up. I’ve still got my heart in my mouth when the others (Talia, Hartigan, Kelly) try it.

How many 'weird matchups' are there for Brown?!

He's got one role in the side, shut down medium and small forwards, but you guys make excuses for him when he gets beaten!
Because he gets moved as soon as he's being beaten.. hence my point..
Haha. Now you are tripping over yourself. He plays on the oppositions best small forwards, it’s very rare he plays on medium sized forwards. That’s the match up for Kelly and co.

So they move him after one goal? What does he do for the rest of the game? Sit on the bench? That’s a classic even for you Geoff. Time to go home flog.

Are you serious?! I just gave you a few examples off the top of my head! If you can't see Brown being beaten and moved regularly, then I'm afraid you don't know what you are watching! His weak effort against heeney in the 2016 final literally set the tone of that game!

Bias is a noun.

Shits me when dumb people get that wrong.

Thanks for the plug :thumbsu:

Incase you didn't properly comprehend the post, we had spuds like Smedts, White, Rowe, Armfield along side first gamers SPS, Macreadie, Pickett.

This year we will likely only have one first gamer, who's probably already earned his stripes (Dow) and other than Casboult, no real need to carry any spuds into the game.

Infinitely better position.

Our midfield looks so much stronger with Kennedy in it that I don't think the loss of Gibbs will hurt anywhere near as much as people think. Docherty will be replaced by Byrne who was super exciting pre injury and looks to have picked up where he left of on Wednesday.

But you will see soon enough anyway;)

I don't think you have a handle on the definition of 'infinitely'. It's arguable whether you'll be better at all in the current, let alone 'infinitely' better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back