Rumour Dees pull out of tough training camp

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Goodwin was an awful appointment on the back of him admitting to taking substances banned by WADA on Essendon grounds. After Bailey and Neeld, I thought Melbourne would choose someone with a clean record to succeed Roos.

Melbourne players with integrity know that their coach gambled on AFL matches as a player and has an easy relationship with banned substances. Can understand that their trust doesn't stretch to all facets of their training and guidance from Goodwin.

Now there's no need to bring all that up again is there .
The AFL is all about giving 2nd chances and 3rd and 4th and Watts a brick to the head anything to get upset about ...

Thought Goodwin was an awful appointment on the back of him admitting to taking substances banned by WADA on Essendon grounds. After Bailey and Neeld, I thought Melbourne would choose someone with a clean record to succeed Roos.

Melbourne players with integrity know that their coach gambled on AFL matches as a player and has an easy relationship with banned substances. Can understand that their trust doesn't stretch to all facets of their training and guidance from Goodwin.
Oh yeah, Goodwin championed the entire program of illicit substance administration didn't he? You've got absolutely nothing sound to justify those comments. You're now drawing one of the longest bows by talking about 'trust' and having an easy relationship with banned substances.

Give me a spell.

Sums up this club so well.

The culture there is a disgrace and looks like not changing for some time. It’s hard to see how and it ever will change when things like this happen.

Here’s to another 4,000 days not beating us.
Nothing sums the club up at all. Players didn't want to go on a training camp not relevant to their actual sport specific training. We don't need some w***er in a tank top and camouflage pants barking orders at AFL players and treating them like s**t when they could be doing actual sport specific training with a proper focus.

How would you be if Ziebell got injured doing something like this as opposed to actual training?

Got to love all the macho chest puffing from keyboard warriors here, 'Melbourne are this and that'. Can't wait for a thread to start saying 'Goodwin has lost the players'. Biggest load of overrated spin that has captured all the BF cynics on the way down the hill.

At the end of the day, the players don't need some SAS style training camp unless they're actually training for the SAS. It's 2017 and we are playing football for gods sake, just because they aren't standing in front of some drill sergeant with about as much relevance in the world as my nearly cut grass, doesn't mean they are soft, especially considering an injury occurred last year whereby it was no doubt conducted under extreme and not relevant situations.

And how the **** is this relevant to actually playing AFL?
Which part, the broken pack or the whole 'boot camp' experience.

The pack thing was a throw away line.

If you can not see the use of a team building exercise like this, then nothing I say to you will convince you otherwise. IMO Melbourne's problem is not this football skills, it is their inability to go that extra inch. The ability to know that no matter how hard a game of football appears to be, they have done something harder, and succeeded.

Until they develop the mental resilience to overcome adversity as a team, we will continue to see performances like 2017 where they will finish mid-ladder and never really push for the premiership.

Agreed. I mean training for sleep deprivation might be useful if you are actually training to go into a war zone where you may be required to be awake for a few days without any sleep but it isn't a skill that is at all needed in the AFL and as a result forcing players to have very little sleep is not only pointless but is only going to breed resentment as who likes someone else that prevents them from sleeping when they need to.
We did it (when I served) to train for decision making under duress and to test leadership capacities when physically and emotionally stressed. I don't see too many similarities with the football field - if it's a bonding exercise fair enough but sleep is vital for recovery and to prevent adrenal fatigue which must be a big risk during AFL pre-seasons.

Should learn to look after his equipment better, no sympathy.
The equipment was supplied by the course operator. I don’t think anyone mentioned he was looking for sympathy nor did i mention it in my post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Melbourne players can't take a brick to the head in pre season training , how the hell will they combat a raging Patrick Cripps in the trenches next season .
They won't have Jacky Watts to rely on when the going gets tough and now we hear the players have mutineed against the coaching staff ...

Cripps seems to go down rather easy whenever Melbourne and Carlton meet.

SAS style training would be highly effective.

For joining the SAS.

This sort of hard man bonding stuff was flavour of the month about a decade ago.

Doesn't say much for the club that it all had to be handled this way, but a bad idea is a bad idea.

Poor puppies, maybe a bowl of hot soup and a blanket will make them feel better.

I wonder what the comments would be in this thread if it was Richmond who had run to the AFLPA like little cry babies and asked for their training camp to be cancelled.

#demonsarementallyweak

Oh yeah, Goodwin championed the entire program of illicit substance administration didn't he? You've got absolutely nothing sound to justify those comments. You're now drawing one of the longest bows by talking about 'trust' and having an easy relationship with banned substances.

Give me a spell.

"Don't forget the good gear today buddy."
"Don't forget the good gear mate."
"Bring some of the good stuff in buddy."
"Sorry mate forgot to see you yesterday. Am heading to Adelaide today can you please bring some of the good stuff in buddy."

All in the space of a fortnight. Throw in his large-scale gambling and it paints a picture of an addictive personality. Which might not be such a bad thing.

Addictive Personality? You Might be a Leader

Also hilarious that people think this is going to cause some great divide and the club will implode.
Exactly, it's a load of cods wallop. I commend the players for putting their hands up and saying it's unnecessary. If anything they act itself shows they are united.

I love the warriors using any iota of dribble to try and discredit us, a lot of North supporters here, id be more concerned about your own backyard and the weeds growing all the way through it.

Poor puppies, maybe a bowl of hot soup and a blanket will make them feel better.

I wonder what the comments would be in this thread if it was Richmond who had run to the AFLPA like little cry babies and asked for their training camp to be cancelled.

#demonsarementallyweak
So you've had one good year in 37 and all of a sudden we are mentally weak? Makes sense.

Didn't coward punch him, was face to face when he thumped him. Big difference. Lewis is such a coward he kept getting picked to play for Hawthorn and has 4 premiership medals. Who have you got? Bryce Gibbs? Oh that's right, you traded your best player.

It was a coward punch by a coward playing for the Melbourne football club .
Medals couldn't save Hirds reputation and neither will they excuse Lewis' cowardly actions .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back